CFZ Dak looked a bit nervous last night on the sideline

JBS

Reaction score
Hahahaha you legit took the time to write all of this nonsense? What a stupid thread and post. Do you make up stories in your own personal life like this too? You must be a nightmare to be friends with lol..surely, you are single..no woman in their right mind is dealing w this level of ridiculousness

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Fans are much better at starting controversies than players are.

No actually the owner/GM keeps bringing up a QB controversy. Every team tries to avoid that as it can separate some players. Here is the idiot owner bringing it up so reporters are now asking players. Cooper had to answer the question after the game because of his idiot owner.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
They already do deploy that scheme.

The difference is, with Rush, the ball is out quick. With Dak, it's pat-pat-pat-pat, then checkdown or sack.

Moore can only call the play. It's up to Dak to make the decision on what to do with the ball.

And opponents know this.
Dak has shown he can read coverages and make the throws. He is also an effective runner from the pocket. The Cowboys (Dak included) get too aggressive and look for splash plays every set of downs. Slow the freakin' game down. Hand the ball off. Take what the D gives you. If Dak can't make that work then they should stick with Rush. I think he can make it work.

Toro9

Reaction score
The only reason he should be nervous is if he's questioning his own ability. I kinda doubt that's the case. Dak has always exuded Peyton Manning-like confidence... But we must ask... Is it delusion?

FVSTONE

Reaction score
That face last night. That's the face of "oh crap," and now Dak is running to microphones insisting his thumb is healing lightning fast. He knows he need to head this off now while he believes he still has the chance.

But it's too late. Ship done sailed.

Jerry is getting that bounce in his step, not just from the wins, but from all the positive hubbub about his team so suddenly. Jerry has always been about the here-and-now and the buzz, and right now the league is aflutter with Cooper and the Cowboys. Jerry is blushing with giddiness.

Dak notices. And he's concerned. He was on the other side of this equation not so many years ago.

Cooper Rush is not the future of Dallas Cowboys football, nor is he actually setting the league on fire. However, he is showing that he knows how to play the position with poise and limited skill when tasked to do so, as a good backup quarterback should. The Cowboys quite obviously have a very good backup QB, and we didn't even really know it until now.

Therein lies the sudden problem. Dak knows the starter here is equally as limited, but without the poise and willingness to get the ball out quickly to intermediate routes with anticipatory throws. Dak takes so many unnecessary sacks that Rush does not, and his scatter-gun arm shrivels up and hides when it's time to take the shot to often.

What really caught my eye last night, and I'm sure Dak's, were two throws from Rush when he reached back and put some mustard on the ball. One to Noah Brown over the middle, and one to CeeDee on the crucial 4th down. I didn't know he had that ability, but he ripped those throws on a line.

After Barkley scored and put the Giants up, Rush settled the offense and led them to 17 points in the next three possessions. That's good stuff when it mattered most in that game, which could have been a 34-10 whooping if the Cowboys would have just gotten out of their own way at times.

The other thing you see is a sudden confidence amidst the poise with Rush. He now knows he's long for this league one way or the other. He's got Chase Daniel money coming his way now, and the team is responding to him. Yet another observation Dak has made as well, no doubt.

As I stated last week, there's a hornet's nest awaiting Dak coming out of this injury, and he'd better be ready to be a very different quarterback when it gets here. He got booed out of the stadium in Week 1, and the natives are not pining for him to return. A bad beginning is going to bring the fan base down on him worse than this run of injuries he's had.

Worse yet, what eyes will be looking back at him in the huddle? "Glad you're back," or "where's Cooper?" What will those eyes be saying?

Dak is at the precipice of proving himself once and for all, or losing his place here forever. This is it, and his face last night looked like he knew it.
Dakota "Toad Hunter" Prescot must have healing powers that are unknown to man because each game he watches Rush win his return date moves up by two weeks at a time, it's amazing how he was operated on roughly two weeks ago and he's ready to take control of this BEAST????............LOL! Give me a break, (no pun intended) but there is no way that his thumb is healed enough to play a position that is so demanding on a person's thumb. NO-WAY. He's in panic mode because Rush is proving that it's not the O-Line or the receivers or TEs, it's HIM! He's the reason this team looks mediocre when he's under center! Nope, this is a different NFL and it's okay to lose your job if the person replacing you is playing a 100% better than you were when the injury occurred.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
They already do deploy that scheme.

The difference is, with Rush, the ball is out quick. With Dak, it's pat-pat-pat-pat, then checkdown or sack.

Moore can only call the play. It's up to Dak to make the decision on what to do with the ball.

And opponents know this.
Moore as OC has basically been told for years to bring a knife to a gun fight, the name of the knife being Dak. It's refreshing to see someone who's so decisive with the ball.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He stunk in the opener…period! He never had a game last season like that. It hasn’t been the past few years of poor outings. He didn’t play well in a few games last season after returning from the calf injury but nothing as poor as we saw in the opener this season.
EmptyCourteousEmeraldtreeskink-size_restricted.gif

mattjames2010

Reaction score
We saw Dak face "true adversity" against the Bucs and fold up like a cheap suit.
I have seen enough of Dak.
I want to win!
Coop may not be flashy or have a big arm or contract but he gets it done.

Yes, we all know the flaws of Dak's game (I'm glad some of you have come around to it, took you long enough) - but Dak can be a Cousins/Carr level QB and still keep his job over someone like Rush. Rush has to do more to get a starting job in the NFL - winning a couple games as a starter isn't enough. Dak has shown he can play at a higher level than Rush - all we know right now of Rush is that, in close games, he is content driving the bus and taking what the defense gives him. That's not a criticism of Rush, he's doing what he's being asked - but that's not QB starting material.

Maybe Rush develops into something more, but the expectations right now should be this: He's like a Charlie Batch, he'll come in and win you a couple games but over a stretch of games at some point his limitations are going to show and it will be the reason we lose games. Most likely games that Dak would have played better in.

Praxit

Reaction score
..yep, very. His demeanor went from "Lets go, we can do this". To....... "This $hite keeps up, I'll be outside looking in".

Also noticed his smile was more reserved. He's feeling it on the sidelines.

The media does not help in all this. The speculation drives insanity.

It's his job to lose now. Not much buffer room left.

basel90

Reaction score
That face last night. That's the face of "oh crap," and now Dak is running to microphones insisting his thumb is healing lightning fast. He knows he need to head this off now while he believes he still has the chance.

But it's too late. Ship done sailed.

Jerry is getting that bounce in his step, not just from the wins, but from all the positive hubbub about his team so suddenly. Jerry has always been about the here-and-now and the buzz, and right now the league is aflutter with Cooper and the Cowboys. Jerry is blushing with giddiness.

Dak notices. And he's concerned. He was on the other side of this equation not so many years ago.

Cooper Rush is not the future of Dallas Cowboys football, nor is he actually setting the league on fire. However, he is showing that he knows how to play the position with poise and limited skill when tasked to do so, as a good backup quarterback should. The Cowboys quite obviously have a very good backup QB, and we didn't even really know it until now.

Therein lies the sudden problem. Dak knows the starter here is equally as limited, but without the poise and willingness to get the ball out quickly to intermediate routes with anticipatory throws. Dak takes so many unnecessary sacks that Rush does not, and his scatter-gun arm shrivels up and hides when it's time to take the shot to often.

What really caught my eye last night, and I'm sure Dak's, were two throws from Rush when he reached back and put some mustard on the ball. One to Noah Brown over the middle, and one to CeeDee on the crucial 4th down. I didn't know he had that ability, but he ripped those throws on a line.

After Barkley scored and put the Giants up, Rush settled the offense and led them to 17 points in the next three possessions. That's good stuff when it mattered most in that game, which could have been a 34-10 whooping if the Cowboys would have just gotten out of their own way at times.

The other thing you see is a sudden confidence amidst the poise with Rush. He now knows he's long for this league one way or the other. He's got Chase Daniel money coming his way now, and the team is responding to him. Yet another observation Dak has made as well, no doubt.

As I stated last week, there's a hornet's nest awaiting Dak coming out of this injury, and he'd better be ready to be a very different quarterback when it gets here. He got booed out of the stadium in Week 1, and the natives are not pining for him to return. A bad beginning is going to bring the fan base down on him worse than this run of injuries he's had.

Worse yet, what eyes will be looking back at him in the huddle? "Glad you're back," or "where's Cooper?" What will those eyes be saying?

Dak is at the precipice of proving himself once and for all, or losing his place here forever. This is it, and his face last night looked like he knew it.
very well put. Dak's leverage and parade of excuses has come to an end. Once he is back , up and down games won't be excusable since he demanded every penny of that monster contract at 42 mil a year. Cooper at 1 mil is doing just fine.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If the Cowboys are smart, they will deploy a similar scheme on offense for Dak when he returns. Dak is not going to consistently succeed as a drop back and pass it 45 times player. That is typically a recipe for a loss. Heavy run, play action, short passes, good defense. That's how you win with a really good defense and solid if not level-one QB. I also wish they would use the backs more in west coast like passing game. Not just those predictable flare routs. Leak them out into space in the middle of the field.
Except Dak has proven that he can't read a defense quickly enough to process and pass on time. He requires wide open windows and does not anticipate well whatsoever.

That's why I think Rush is a better fit for the "bus driver" QB role -- Rush is poised and smart and willing to get rid of the ball.

morat1959

Reaction score
Hahahaha you legit took the time to write all of this nonsense? What a stupid thread and post. Do you make up stories in your own personal life like this too? You must be a nightmare to be friends with lol..surely, you are single..no woman in their right mind is dealing w this level of ridiculousness
Dak sux!

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Except Dak has proven that he can't read a defense quickly enough to process and pass on time. He requires wide open windows and does not anticipate well whatsoever.

That's why I think Rush is a better fit for the "bus driver" QB role -- Rush is poised and smart and willing to get rid of the ball.
I think a big part of the problem with Dak is he is permitted to take on too much autonomy with the offense. The coaching staff needs to pare down his ability to be a field general. He is not that guy. Just run the play called and live for another down.

morat1959

Reaction score

Nailed it!