Dak lost this game

dfense

Reaction score
See what you want to see. Dak is late on even the comeback routes. His timing blows. When the receiver stops, the ball should be there. He waits and then throws it. The DB has lots of time to break back on the ball. You complain about playcalling, but Dak can change the play if he wants. There were guys open all day and Romo was biting his tongue. "Dak has to let it go". Instead, he tucks and runs. He has no confidence late in games to stand and deliver. When have you ever seen him step up in the pocket and throw? When he fumbled in the end zone, it was a 4 man rush and he never looked to pass. His mind was made up in the huddle he was going to run. He's a sandlot player. Coach killer.

Still on pace for 16 TD passes.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I see a lot of pressure with a four man rush and no running lanes if you want to be honest.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

on the play in question (the sack/fumble/Def TD), Washington sent a late rusher on a delayed blitz. that was the guy who caused the fumble. The ball should have immediately gone where he came from. Closes guy to that area was Swaim. Who was basically uncovered the entire play.

Keep in mind this was after missing Gallup on a go and apparently never even seeing Zeke standing out there in the flat....

dfense

Reaction score
yes sir that's the truth. Dak was the solution. He and Beasley played out of their minds in the fourth. Dak haters do not dare admit that,but its fact. YES he missed a couple throws and reads...but eres the dirty lil secret no one mentions. ALL QB'S...even Aaron Rodgers, makes the very same mistakes. But the sports pundits and or fans never wanna say it because they know its pretty common. Dak is just fine and I have no issues with him. Look at his last 3 games...he has gradually gotten better and better. While the oline has gotten worse and worse. The 1 fix is Fred Beard. Hes the bond the gets the oline on the same page...He is that good. Looney has been a beast..but hes no Fred Beard. We are missing that guy BAD...he gets the hogs playing at an elite level. Fix the oline, we will string together some wins,period. Then hopefully the refs and JG wont gift another game to an opponent.
What color is the sky in your world. Holy crap. If running for 15 yards when the prevent gives you that time and time again is playing out of his mind, then woo hoo!

blueblood70

Reaction score
yes sir that's the truth. Dak was the solution. He and Beasley played out of their minds in the fourth. Dak haters do not dare admit that,but its fact. YES he missed a couple throws and reads...but eres the dirty lil secret no one mentions. ALL QB'S...even Aaron Rodgers, makes the very same mistakes. But the sports pundits and or fans never wanna say it because they know its pretty common. Dak is just fine and I have no issues with him. Look at his last 3 games...he has gradually gotten better and better. While the oline has gotten worse and worse. The 1 fix is Fred Beard. Hes the bond the gets the oline on the same page...He is that good. Looney has been a beast..but hes no Fred Beard. We are missing that guy BAD...he gets the hogs playing at an elite level. Fix the oline, we will string together some wins,period. Then hopefully the refs and JG wont gift another game to an opponent.
that said I still think we need to look into the 2019/2020 draft for a better QB but hes good enough to win with but games are way to tight because of his lack of instincts in the pocket and throwing the ball downfield and not seeing some of the bigger plays and umping it down too much.. I still hope he will grow but its evident he is what he is and we shouldnt give him Franchise money.. EX see Bortles. Jacksonville is now regretting the risk they took giving him a new contract,, Dak is Bortles..not horrible but wildly inconsistent and limited..

Rayman70

Reaction score
See what you want to see. Dak is late on even the comeback routes. His timing blows. When the receiver stops, the ball should be there. He waits and then throws it. The DB has lots of time to break back on the ball. You complain about playcalling, but Dak can change the play if he wants. There were guys open all day and Romo was biting his tongue. "Dak has to let it go". Instead, he tucks and runs. He has no confidence late in games to stand and deliver. When have you ever seen him step up in the pocket and throw? When he fumbled in the end zone, it was a 4 man rush and he never looked to pass. His mind was made up in the huddle he was going to run. He's a sandlot player. Coach killer.

Still on pace for 16 TD passes.
nah..your right he is a tick off on timing...but so are his wideouts...except for beasely. Romo was better than Dak..but he aint comin back. Dak is who we are rollin with for the next few years. I am ok with that. BUT we need a change at HC, and offensive philosophy. Oline needs fixin BAD. Conner Williams simply is not strong enough and needs benched.Move Collins to LG and start Fleming at RT...I believe we will see vast improvement.

dfense

Reaction score
nah..your right he is a tick off on timing...but so are his wideouts...except for beasely. Romo was better than Dak..but he aint comin back. Dak is who we are rollin with for the next few years. I am ok with that. BUT we need a change at HC, and offensive philosophy. Oline needs fixin BAD. Conner Williams simply is not strong enough and needs benched.Move Collins to LG and start Fleming at RT...I believe we will see vast improvement.
I agree with Collins move. He's not a RT.

Rayman70

Reaction score
What color is the sky in your world. Holy crap. If running for 15 yards when the prevent gives you that time and time again is playing out of his mind, then woo hoo!
you realize we had a chance to tie then win the game if not for a missed kick and a phantom penalty right? Did I mention JG went into timid mode? Dak did his job,like it or not.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I agree with Collins move. He's not a RT.
Yuppers...Collins doesn't check any boxes for me as far as RT. Hes a dominant LG,period. At RT hes just a guy. Not sure wth we are forcing the issue by insisting he play RT.

Rayman70

Reaction score
that said I still think we need to look into the 2019/2020 draft for a better QB but hes good enough to win with but games are way to tight because of his lack of instincts in the pocket and throwing the ball downfield and not seeing some of the bigger plays and umping it down too much.. I still hope he will grow but its evident he is what he is and we shouldnt give him Franchise money.. EX see Bortles. Jacksonville is now regretting the risk they took giving him a new contract,, Dak is Bortles..not horrible but wildly inconsistent and limited..
Competition is a good thing, agree.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak had to flee just to run or pass all day,except for a few times. Oline HAS to be much better.

BigD_95

Reaction score
So you missed the play by Aikman from 92 that they showed, huh?

Like a replied on another thread. Aikman was starting to make a throw and was hit. Dak was running and fumbled. Completely 2 different things. One was a player making a play and got hit. The other was a bone headed play and not protecting the ball.

Not to mention Zeke was open in the flat and he could of pass the ball before he even started to scramble.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Like a replied on another thread. Aikman was starting to make a throw and was hit. Dak was running and fumbled. Completely 2 different things. One was a player making a play and got hit. The other was a bone headed play and not protecting the ball.

Not to mention Zeke was open in the flat and he could of pass the ball before he even started to scramble.

Another key difference:

That 92 Skins team was the defending Super Bowl Champions and a really good team.

This year's group? ahem.... not so much.
Apples and oranges situations, in terms of the comparison of the "mistakes" made in those 2 games.

Reactions: Ken

erod

Reaction score
Dak sees everything late and doesn't have the arm talent to hit the throws consistently anyway.

If receivers aren't wide open like on Gallup's double move, he simply can't throw downfield with any consistency at all.

What's worse, the receivers have no idea what to expect from one throw to the next. They're in a reactive position, not an aggressive one.

camaro69

Benched
Reaction score
When DC scheme to stop the run. They are telling us everything we need to know about our QB and it's not good. Its not just one team it's every team we play they've all watched the same tape of Dak. So the next time you say it's not Daks fault. Ask yourself why are team so worry about Zak but not Dak

renny

Reaction score
We'll have to agree to disagree.

on the play in question (the sack/fumble/Def TD), Washington sent a late rusher on a delayed blitz. that was the guy who caused the fumble. The ball should have immediately gone where he came from. Closes guy to that area was Swaim. Who was basically uncovered the entire play.

Keep in mind this was after missing Gallup on a go and apparently never even seeing Zeke standing out there in the flat....
It's hard to focus and see receivers when you're basically running to avoid sacks all day. Getting hit every other play will affect what you do and won't do. A lot of comments are coming from people who haven't played football or QUARTERBACK for that matter

renny

Reaction score
Romo would not survive, with this current offensive staff. He could not stay healthy his last three seasons with better OLINE play than what they have now.

BigD_95

Reaction score
he missed that one bad..I admit. Nonetheless, he did one helluva recovery job late in the game. He and Beasley drove the team at will. The failure was the oline and officiating, and as much as I WANT JG FIRED...he didn't help us lose this one. Cant really blame him. However, its time for a change at HC.

What about when Dak ran for the first down at the end of the game and Romo draws up the not 1 but 2 receivers wide open for TD's? I get Dak played better. But he misses too many reads - He holds the ball too much. I wish he was the guy but he isn't. And after watching some of the fil breakdowns I cant blame this stuff on coaching or the receivers.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Jerry lost this game and season.

Settling for his prized puppet, Garrett, for the last 8 years. So many good young QB's available over the last few years and we only end up with Dak in the 4th round and then make him our "franchise QB".

Several years ago he finally stripped Garrett of playcalling only to hire Linehan as OC and have him run Garrett's failed offensive plan. We can dissect every in game decision and play, but it all falls back on Jerry for continuing to refuse to hire a quality HC and GM.

The best we can hope for is Jerry will finally fire Garrett and the next puppet he hires turns out to be a better in game coach.

Ken

Reaction score
Dak sees everything late and doesn't have the arm talent to hit the throws consistently anyway.

If receivers aren't wide open like on Gallup's double move, he simply can't throw downfield with any consistency at all.

What's worse, the receivers have no idea what to expect from one throw to the next. They're in a reactive position, not an aggressive one.
lol.

amazing he was able to put them in position to tie with all those limitations!