Dak, Micah & Lamb

dckid

Reaction score
The problem we have is our Big three all need new contracts and we are 4 million under the cap.
I am sure Jerry wants to resign all three.

Micha will get what Bosa got. Lamb is waiting for Jefferson to sign so he can ask for a dollar less.

Dak will get probably the largest contract in the league. Look at what happened with a 36 year old Cousins coming off ACL surgery.
$45 million a year, 100 million guaranteed.

I am not a Dak guy at all, I would cut him post June 1, take the hit, get 36 million in cap space back. I would have signed Minshew or Jacoby Brisett or Baltimore’s backup.
Dak will start with what Herbert , Hurts, Lamar got. He has no incentive to sign unless he gets top dollar or he hits FA.
Last year he was second in MVP, led the league in TD’s. Teams will be lined up to sign him.
I would walk away but Jerry is too stupid he never has a contingency plan. I would have loved to give Fields a chance, I would draft Pennies Nix.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The problem we have is our Big three all need new contracts and we are 4 million under the cap.

Micha will get what Bosa got. Lamb is waiting for Jefferson to sign so he can ask for a dollar less.

Dak will get probably the largest contract in the league. Look at what happened with a 36 year old Cousins coming off ACL surgery.

I am not a Dak guy at all, I would cut him post June 1, take the hit, get 36 million in cap space back. I would have signed Minshew or Jacoby Brisett or Baltimore’s backup.
Dak will start with what Herbert , Hurts, Lamar got. He has no incentive to sign unless he gets top dollar or he hits FA.
Last year he was second in MVP, led the league in TD’s. Teams will be lined up to sign him.
I would walk away but Jerry is too stupid he never has a contingency plan. I would have loved to give Fields a chance, I would draft Pennies Nix.
After Dak's performance this year it would have been a great opportunity to trade him.

GM Jethro likes getting bent over.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
The other problem is they aren’t on the same timeline dak will be 31 in July, Micah and lamb both 25. The age gap isn’t a huge deal but if your essentially only fake competing the next 2 years, using them as bridge years to fix the cap then daks 33 in 2 seasons.

You’ve just wasted 2 years of is dwindling prime years.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score

you can easily pay 3 elite players look around the league. The problem is Dak isn’t elite. And when you give out contracts like Zeke, Jaylon Smith, Gallup , Steele. You’re over paying players that are no longer on the team(dead money) or average (Steele). Lawrence is a good player but he’s also overpaid. You should pay your elite talent , Diggs, Lamb, Parsons, Tyler. This franchise gets sentimental with draft picks and paying JAG’s big money though. Jaylon , gallups etc…

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Not hard for good teams to stop a 1 dimensional passing game and no run game.

Easy to neutralize a great pass rusher by running for 200+ yards.
As he runs up the field making it easy for teams to run for 200

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

Here's the thing:
They can all get signed for whatever whatever.
It doesn't matter the first couple of years because that's all ripe for cap manipulation.
All of them can get massive contracts and the cap hits are minimal for the first few years and then they restructure and then at the end of the contract is when we're all up in arms about how much we are paying them.

Nothing new. Nothing innovative. Just business as usual as always.

You should only worry about guarantees and then how much do the restructures hurt as you go along.

Chasing6

Reaction score
How does that remove the no trade clause? Still does not change anything.
He bent over and gave him the no trade clause. C'mon man.

Never should have happened. That is why we are in the situation we are in now.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem is all 3 of these players are no where to be found in big games.
Because they are only Elite against DOG teams...............but will be paid elite money.
40 years here we come.............