Dak, Micah & Lamb

Chasing6

Reaction score
Because they are only Elite against DOG teams...............but will be paid elite money.
40 years here we come.............
80% correct.

If we had a legit run game, CD would be better.

If we had a legit DT, who could collapse the pocket, Micah would be better.

GM Jethro has no comprehension of building a team, that compliments each other.

Adreme

Reaction score
He bent over and gave him the no trade clause. C'mon man.

Never should have happened. That is why we are in the situation we are in now.
Because he waited until the final year of his deal (he could not do a 3rd franchise tag) to actually make him an offer so he got everything he wanted. It is the downside of waiting so long to negotiate so there was really no choice. It is quite literally the exact same situation right now as before. Sure he could have said no and let Dak walk at which point the Cowboys would have started the draft roulette and with the talent they have could have been in position to draft: Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Mac Jones, Justin Fields (gl with a QB who cant throw), Kyle Trask, Anthony Richardson, Bryce Young, Will Levis, or Kenny Pickett.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Because he waited until the final year of his deal (he could not do a 3rd franchise tag) to actually make him an offer so he got everything he wanted. It is the downside of waiting so long to negotiate so there was really no choice. It is quite literally the exact same situation right now as before. Sure he could have said no and let Dak walk at which point the Cowboys would have started the draft roulette and with the talent they have could have been in position to draft: Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Mac Jones, Justin Fields (gl with a QB who cant throw), Kyle Trask, Anthony Richardson, Bryce Young, Will Levis, or Kenny Pickett.
Because he is GM Jethro and never has a back up plan. That is why everyone thinks Dak will get another big bag. Is it Dak's fault?

Maybe Dak should be the GM/QB, instead of Jerry being the Owner/GM.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I would only keep parsons, as he is on defense.
The offense is what needs a overhaul with new cheap players, then rely on defense to help win games.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I would only keep parsons, as he is on defense.
The offense is what needs an overhaul with new cheap players, then rely on defense to help win games.
My fear is Parsons being undersized, is an injury waiting to happen with all the double and triple teams. If he loses a step, what type of player is he at that point?

Adreme

Reaction score
Because he is GM Jethro and never has a back up plan. That is why everyone thinks Dak will get another big bag. Is it Dak's fault?

Maybe Dak should be the GM/QB, instead of Jerry being the Owner/GM.
I mean just about every QB gets a big bag so it is not even surprising. Dak's contract was not even an outlier in the QB deals.

There have been some bad contracts (Gallup for instance) but the Dak deal was the best deal you were going to get unless you want to spend multiple firsts and multiple years trying to find a new QB.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
The problem we have is our Big three all need new contracts and we are 4 million under the cap.
I am sure Jerry wants to resign all three.

Micha will get what Bosa got. Lamb is waiting for Jefferson to sign so he can ask for a dollar less.

Dak will get probably the largest contract in the league. Look at what happened with a 36 year old Cousins coming off ACL surgery.
$45 million a year, 100 million guaranteed.

I am not a Dak guy at all, I would cut him post June 1, take the hit, get 36 million in cap space back. I would have signed Minshew or Jacoby Brisett or Baltimore’s backup.
Dak will start with what Herbert , Hurts, Lamar got. He has no incentive to sign unless he gets top dollar or he hits FA.
Last year he was second in MVP, led the league in TD’s. Teams will be lined up to sign him.
I would walk away but Jerry is too stupid he never has a contingency plan. I would have loved to give Fields a chance, I would draft Pennies Nix.
I would have loved to give Fields a chance as well. Fields is underrated here. I think he is better than Dak and would have been a lot cheaper.

If they pay Dak 60 million than this team is really screwed for many more years to come.

I would also trade Parsons and Lamb. But I doubt Jerry knows what he's doing.

plymkr

Reaction score
The problem is all 3 of these players are no where to be found in big games.
Well CD needs Dak to perform well to be an impact in big games. Dak and Micah do a disappearing act or play for the other team in big games

Micah could get us serious draft capital which would help absorb the dead money from moving on from Dak.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Not hard for good teams to stop a 1 dimensional passing game and no run game.

Easy to neutralize a great pass rusher by running for 200+ yards.
Every opponent has the Blueprint, as Jimmie Ward said, take away the run and see if Dak can beat you.

It's only one dimensional passing game as the opposition (with a lead) sit in cover two, with post shifting safety and Dak cant read it which combines to increase his anxiety and uncertainty.

Agree, we need a better running game, and get Dak to use it......but is that what we want from a Market Setting QB.....hand the ball off for others to perform?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Jerry wanted to sign Dak
IT WOULD BE DONE.
The other w will be done although I'd rather trade Parsons for the #1 pick in 2025

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Giving a low IQ prima donna like Micah Parsons a huge contract will be a big mistake.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
If Jerry wanted to sign Dak
IT WOULD BE DONE.
The other w will be done although I'd rather trade Parsons for the #1 pick in 2025
Did you ever think that maybe Dak wants the negotiations to start in August when he can put Jerry's feet into the fire? There is no reason for Dak to talk contract now. Dak will wait until after all the FA moves and the draft so that Jerry's options are limited.

Praxit

Reaction score
..will see what Zimmer can do with Parsons. Maybe smart, tactical football is what guy needs.

One thing about Parsons, he disappears in big games. The opposite of whats suppose to occur.

Flamma

Reaction score
80% correct.

If we had a legit run game, CD would be better.

If we had a legit DT, who could collapse the pocket, Micah would be better.

GM Jethro has no comprehension of building a team, that compliments each other.
They use house rules to handicap the team.

rambo2

Reaction score
The problem we have is our Big three all need new contracts and we are 4 million under the cap.
I am sure Jerry wants to resign all three.

Micha will get what Bosa got. Lamb is waiting for Jefferson to sign so he can ask for a dollar less.

Dak will get probably the largest contract in the league. Look at what happened with a 36 year old Cousins coming off ACL surgery.
$45 million a year, 100 million guaranteed.

I am not a Dak guy at all, I would cut him post June 1, take the hit, get 36 million in cap space back. I would have signed Minshew or Jacoby Brisett or Baltimore’s backup.
Dak will start with what Herbert , Hurts, Lamar got. He has no incentive to sign unless he gets top dollar or he hits FA.
Last year he was second in MVP, led the league in TD’s. Teams will be lined up to sign him.
I would walk away but Jerry is too stupid he never has a contingency plan. I would have loved to give Fields a chance, I would draft Pennies Nix.
Sounds like you would trade an mvp type qb for a qb that has been awful.