Dak, Micah & Lamb

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you ever think that maybe Dak wants the negotiations to start in August when he can put Jerry's feet into the fire? There is no reason for Dak to talk contract now. Dak will wait until after all the FA moves and the draft so that Jerry's options are limited.
No
I think Jerry is going to let Dak have a look at Lance in OTAs and see him making all the throws. Then let Dak see what's out there on the open market.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
No
I think Jerry is going to let Dak have a look at Lance in OTAs and see him making all the throws. Then let Dak see what's out there on the open market.
When Lance looks awful, like he did last year in TC, the price goes to $65M/yr for Dakota..

Hadenough

Reaction score
The problem we have is our Big three all need new contracts and we are 4 million under the cap.
I am sure Jerry wants to resign all three.

Micha will get what Bosa got. Lamb is waiting for Jefferson to sign so he can ask for a dollar less.

Dak will get probably the largest contract in the league. Look at what happened with a 36 year old Cousins coming off ACL surgery.
$45 million a year, 100 million guaranteed.

I am not a Dak guy at all, I would cut him post June 1, take the hit, get 36 million in cap space back. I would have signed Minshew or Jacoby Brisett or Baltimore’s backup.
Dak will start with what Herbert , Hurts, Lamar got. He has no incentive to sign unless he gets top dollar or he hits FA.
Last year he was second in MVP, led the league in TD’s. Teams will be lined up to sign him.
I would walk away but Jerry is too stupid he never has a contingency plan. I would have loved to give Fields a chance, I would draft Pennies Nix.
The only two worth the money they will get are Micah and Lamb. Both top 5 at their position. With Dak even if he did a super team friendly deal at 30 mil season which he wouldnt. He is trash and holding this team back.

75boyz

Reaction score
The point to the sky, wipe your nose and point and crawl on all 4s brand of marketing is in full go.

Jerry will pay all 3 and continue on business as usual.

The more that things change the more they stay the same.

Sad but true.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The other problem is they aren’t on the same timeline dak will be 31 in July, Micah and lamb both 25. The age gap isn’t a huge deal but if your essentially only fake competing the next 2 years, using them as bridge years to fix the cap then daks 33 in 2 seasons.

You’ve just wasted 2 years of is dwindling prime years.
Actually, it doesn't when you're comparing a quarterback's career in the NFL or nearly twice as long if they want to stay around that long then most position players...

so they're not on the same level when you're talking about age Prescott's barely hitting his prime right now those other guys they're gonna have very short careers look at diggs already blew his knee out...

I mean Prescott could easily play five more years at a good level and that's probably maybe the Max you're gonna see at a lamb and Parsons I mean especially Parsons he looks pretty beat up and slow at the end of the year so the NFL's already taking a toll on him...

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Actually, it doesn't when you're comparing a quarterback's career in the NFL or nearly twice as long if they want to stay around that long then most position players...

so they're not on the same level when you're talking about age Prescott's barely hitting his prime right now those other guys they're gonna have very short careers look at diggs already blew his knee out...

I mean Prescott could easily play five more years at a good level and that's probably maybe the Max you're gonna see at a lamb and Parsons I mean especially Parsons he looks pretty beat up and slow at the end of the year so the NFL's already taking a toll on him...
An athletes primes years is 25-32. Daks 31. My point is that the cowboys shouldn’t be using bridge years right now to clean the cap when the quarterback is going to get a mega sized deal, they should be maximizing it in the now.

Barely hitting his prime? No that’s Micah and ceedee

blueblood70

Reaction score
An athletes primes years is 25-32. Daks 31. My point is that the cowboys shouldn’t be using bridge years right now to clean the cap when the quarterback is going to get a mega sized deal, they should be maximizing it in the now.

Barely hitting his prime? No that’s Micah and ceedee
wrong again.. when athlete arguably has his best year of his career, second team all pro second MVP voting, I would say he's in his prime and I just said comparing a quarterback's prime and how long he can play you know like year 13 you watch Matthew Stafford win a Super Bowl year nine you watch Peyton Manning win a Super Bowl and again a few years later Peyton won another Super Bowl, Brady how long did he play won one late, these are quarterbacks can do this...

so yeah they're all maybe hitting their prime at the same time given the fact that stopped putting age with the quarterback if I'd said it so you would understand that there's a difference between a quarterback's career and a skill players career.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
My fear is Parsons being undersized, is an injury waiting to happen with all the double and triple teams. If he loses a step, what type of player is he at that point?
Any player that draws all the double and triple teams is worth keeping.
With a better hc parsons could be even better but with mm I dont know that they will utilize him the right ways.
Parsons also helps the rest of the DL .

I would want to keep the defense as strong as possible.
Our offense is crap against the better defenses, so we need a good defense.

Lamb is the player that should be traded, he can be replaced by a good cheap rookie, a 1st rounder.
use one of the picks you get for him to draft another wr.

With our qb and offense and Mm as oc playcaller, lamb is good but not worth the $ he wants to be paid.
Dak is the same, he is good but not worth what he wants.

I would put the big money into the defense.

But jerry love lamb and dak , and he likes offense, even though you need a very good defense to win a SB.
you dont win SB's with the offense we have and a avg defense.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
wrong again.. when athlete arguably has his best year of his career, second team all pro second MVP voting, I would say he's in his prime and I just said comparing a quarterback's prime and how long he can play you know like year 13 you watch Matthew Stafford win a Super Bowl year nine you watch Peyton Manning win a Super Bowl and again a few years later Peyton won another Super Bowl, Brady how long did he play won one late, these are quarterbacks can do this...

so yeah they're all maybe hitting their prime at the same time given the fact that stopped putting age with the quarterback if I'd said it so you would understand that there's a difference between a quarterback's career and a skill players career.
You must not know what prime means or you aren’t great with numbers….dak is 31 in July, he was 30 last year when he had an amazing year. The number 30 (his age last season) falls between the numbers 26-32, which means he’s exactly in his prime right now, thanks for confirming my point.

A players prime is a number of years where they are at their athletic peak. You also don’t read what I write, I never said a player can’t win a Super Bowl at certain ages, there are always outliers, although comparing dak to Peyton manning and Brady is laughable. What I said in actuality is that essentially punting on a quarterbacks age 31 and 32 seasons is a mistake and it is. The cowboys should have been aggressive this offseason and again they were not which makes no sense since we are signing dak long term and are in a win now window.

Matthew Stafford, got traded to a rams team that already made a Super Bowl, had a Super Bowl roster and had an Uber aggressive front office. That’s not Dallas. That’s actually my entire point. Dak for the large majority of his career has been a top 10 qb but closer to the 8,9,10 range and some would say really in the 8-12 range, if he has a drop off in athleticism or in skill even by let’s say 10% that means more to a player like dak than it does for a Brady or manning since their ceiling is so much higher than daks

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
You must not know what prime means or you aren’t great with numbers….dak is 31 in July, he was 30 last year when he had an amazing year. The number 30 (his age last season) falls between the numbers 26-32, which means he’s exactly in his prime right now, thanks for confirming my point.

A players prime is a number of years where they are at their athletic peak. You also don’t read what I write, I never said a player can’t win a Super Bowl at certain ages, there are always outliers, although comparing dak to Peyton manning and Brady is laughable. What I said in actuality is that essentially punting on a quarterbacks age 31 and 32 seasons is a mistake and it is. The cowboys should have been aggressive this offseason and again they were not which makes no sense since we are signing dak long term and are in a win now window.

Matthew Stafford, got traded to a rams team that already made a Super Bowl, had a Super Bowl roster and had an Uber aggressive front office. That’s not Dallas. That’s actually my entire point. Dak for the large majority of his career has been a top 10 qb but closer to the 8,9,10 range and some would say really in the 8-12 range, if he has a drop off in athleticism or in skill even by let’s say 10% that means more to a player like dak than it does for a Brady or manning since their ceiling is so much higher than daks
while some of that's accurate no Prescott's more hovered around #6 in the league no doubt he was not in the bottom 10 he was literally right around six just some of the haters especially from our own fan base tried to push him downward some tried to say he was 12 or 15 idiotic this year he was ready to 2nd overall quarterback by many many outlets but at worst he was third that means he hit his prime he had his best year that means he can still do this for two or three more years yeah and in two or three more years with some help like Matthew Stafford has gotten with these loaded teams like jalen hurts with the all in attitude has gotten he should be able to do something here with the Cowboys not somewhere else...

But as a fan of the Dallas Cowboys I'm tired of the haters first it was Romo now it's Prescott they seem to think they're gonna be easily replaced and something's better on the other side I hope Prescott decides to force a trade go somewhere else and wins the Super bowl because I'm tired of the haters most of this fanbase needs to be moving on to another team because they obviously don't understand how important the quarterback is and they think because of what his market demands we should get rid of him because he's holding this team back no what's holding this team back is he doesn't have what Troy and Roger had he doesn't have what Matthew Stafford has he doesn't have a shot in a deep playoff run because he doesn't have a great run game great offensive line or a great coaching staff that is what Troy and Roger had.... So the point here is we do have two or three more good years with Prescott should he stay here and that even leaves room with the way you can massage the salary cap and kick money down for all the players new contracts can be low to start heavy to end and if these guys that you mentioned are gonna be still in their prime you can pay them the most when they're at their peak and that may be two or three years from now that would be when Prescott's gone and the only thing we can hope for is the predecessor is inserted is that Trey Lance they need to go get another guy or maybe once we get there two years from now we'll there'll be enough talent here to win with an average quarterback because that's not Prescott he's been above average for a very long time since his rookie of the year 13 win campaign the man's been hated on...​
Prescott has been closer to top five than top ten but if you wanna keep me in the top ten that's fine but most of us have seen it as as number six in the league most of these years but just stop the nonsense he's like ninth all time and touchdown interception ratio in the NFL right now in his career he throws a lot of touchdowns he's never been part of a losing season and whoever started those posts about poor Danny white being underappreciated no that dude made a lot of mistakes especially in the playoffs this touchdown interception ratio was upside down he threw more interceptions and touchdowns in the playoffs imagine that and yet somehow his team still got to an NFC championship game Prescott and Roma are better than Danny white it's debatable how they stack up the Troy and Roger but I can tell you right now Prescott being underappreciated and underrated and he may not be elite but being close to top five most of your career you should be able to win with that....

None of this really matters though because he has a no trade clause and no franchise trade clause and if you wanna keep the guy you're gonna have to pay him in fact his fans worry too much about pay scales there are a lot of quarterbacks better in the top 12 of the pay scale where Prescott is and manmy of them are below him both in the playoffs and their career achievements yet they're still getting money like Daniel Jones 42,000,000 I mean you got kyler Murray what exactly has he done I mean Herbert what exactly he's is he done I mean these dudes are getting paid they're getting paid big and some of the other ones have been to a Super Bowl because of their great teams but they lost and they're making as much or more money IE I think Joe Burrows might be the highest paid guy and yet he's been out for two seasons almost in injuries and yes he's been to a Super Bowl who cares he didn't win the Super bowl Cincinnati has never won a Super Bowl...​
People keep talking about Lamar because they won two MVP's well in my opinion Prescott should have been the MVP this year he had better numbers he was on a team with almost the same record and he did not have the top rushing game in the top defense in the league who by the way held teams under 17 points in the playoffs literally had a better coaching staff Prescott was the MVP of his team this year and should have got that so who cares about that Lamar Jackson's only has two wins in his career as well in the playoffs...​
So what's your point again we should let him go just so we can have a better opportunity building a better team but yet then still be out a quarterback which is the most important part open NFL roster and there's no guarantee we're ever even gonna get one that has that kind of resume no losing seasons second all pro #2 in MVP voting he's been part of two number one offenses and two others that were in the top five one of the best touchdown interception ratios in the league led the league in touchdowns last year again no losing seasons y'all wanna get rid of that guy over a cap hit well you better have an instant guarantee waiting when you build this other super team with no quarterback...​

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
while some of that's accurate no Prescott's more hovered around #6 in the league no doubt he was not in the bottom 10 he was literally right around six just some of the haters especially from our own fan base tried to push him downward some tried to say he was 12 or 15 idiotic this year he was ready to 2nd overall quarterback by many many outlets but at worst he was third that means he hit his prime he had his best year that means he can still do this for two or three more years yeah and in two or three more years with some help like Matthew Stafford has gotten with these loaded teams like jalen hurts with the all in attitude has gotten he should be able to do something here with the Cowboys not somewhere else...

But as a fan of the Dallas Cowboys I'm tired of the haters first it was Romo now it's Prescott they seem to think they're gonna be easily replaced and something's better on the other side I hope Prescott decides to force a trade go somewhere else and wins the Super bowl because I'm tired of the haters most of this fanbase needs to be moving on to another team because they obviously don't understand how important the quarterback is and they think because of what his market demands we should get rid of him because he's holding this team back no what's holding this team back is he doesn't have what Troy and Roger had he doesn't have what Matthew Stafford has he doesn't have a shot in a deep playoff run because he doesn't have a great run game great offensive line or a great coaching staff that is what Troy and Roger had.... So the point here is we do have two or three more good years with Prescott should he stay here and that even leaves room with the way you can massage the salary cap and kick money down for all the players new contracts can be low to start heavy to end and if these guys that you mentioned are gonna be still in their prime you can pay them the most when they're at their peak and that may be two or three years from now that would be when Prescott's gone and the only thing we can hope for is the predecessor is inserted is that Trey Lance they need to go get another guy or maybe once we get there two years from now we'll there'll be enough talent here to win with an average quarterback because that's not Prescott he's been above average for a very long time since his rookie of the year 13 win campaign the man's been hated on...​
Prescott has been closer to top five than top ten but if you wanna keep me in the top ten that's fine but most of us have seen it as as number six in the league most of these years but just stop the nonsense he's like ninth all time and touchdown interception ratio in the NFL right now in his career he throws a lot of touchdowns he's never been part of a losing season and whoever started those posts about poor Danny white being underappreciated no that dude made a lot of mistakes especially in the playoffs this touchdown interception ratio was upside down he threw more interceptions and touchdowns in the playoffs imagine that and yet somehow his team still got to an NFC championship game Prescott and Roma are better than Danny white it's debatable how they stack up the Troy and Roger but I can tell you right now Prescott being underappreciated and underrated and he may not be elite but being close to top five most of your career you should be able to win with that....

None of this really matters though because he has a no trade clause and no franchise trade clause and if you wanna keep the guy you're gonna have to pay him in fact his fans worry too much about pay scales there are a lot of quarterbacks better in the top 12 of the pay scale where Prescott is and manmy of them are below him both in the playoffs and their career achievements yet they're still getting money like Daniel Jones 42,000,000 I mean you got kyler Murray what exactly has he done I mean Herbert what exactly he's is he done I mean these dudes are getting paid they're getting paid big and some of the other ones have been to a Super Bowl because of their great teams but they lost and they're making as much or more money IE I think Joe Burrows might be the highest paid guy and yet he's been out for two seasons almost in injuries and yes he's been to a Super Bowl who cares he didn't win the Super bowl Cincinnati has never won a Super Bowl...​
People keep talking about Lamar because they won two MVP's well in my opinion Prescott should have been the MVP this year he had better numbers he was on a team with almost the same record and he did not have the top rushing game in the top defense in the league who by the way held teams under 17 points in the playoffs literally had a better coaching staff Prescott was the MVP of his team this year and should have got that so who cares about that Lamar Jackson's only has two wins in his career as well in the playoffs...​
So what's your point again we should let him go just so we can have a better opportunity building a better team but yet then still be out a quarterback which is the most important part open NFL roster and there's no guarantee we're ever even gonna get one that has that kind of resume no losing seasons second all pro #2 in MVP voting he's been part of two number one offenses and two others that were in the top five one of the best touchdown interception ratios in the league led the league in touchdowns last year again no losing seasons y'all wanna get rid of that guy over a cap hit well you better have an instant guarantee waiting when you build this other super team with no quarterback...​
I understand, I’d just say me saying the cowboys should go for it now while dak is in his prime is not a knock on dak , if anything it’s an acknowledgment of how good i think he is. Which is exactly why i think they are making a big mistake this offseason

blueblood70

Reaction score
I understand, I’d just say me saying the cowboys should go for it now while dak is in his prime is not a knock on dak , if anything it’s an acknowledgment of how good i think it is. Which is exactly why i think they are making a big mistake this offseason
I do agree that window is about to shut close that is why Mike McCarthy got a second chance even though some call it a lame duck I don't see any difference between a player who's 75% of the time have what they call a career contract year right before it's time to get paid well this windows open for Mike McCarthy and if they don't extend that then they're saying the same thing to him go get it done now are we may blow this thing up..

So we can agree on some of those things and disagree on others but people really think the grass is greener on the other side they really believe that this front office can build a team that's so good you can win with any quarterback and that would be wrong it is very difficult to find a quarterback like Prescott and even we find somebody similar to him how's that better what if this guy also gets to the playoffs 5 out of eight years never has a losing season plays like a top six quarterback most years including Tony Romo you can add him in there only to have things happen like 14 penalties or the defense getting ran over in three games or there being no run game no offensive line I mean bad play calling bad game plans or just having the referees get in the way here or there or just having one or two players just not be at the top of their game that's all it takes and a true team game and people around here really believe we can replace Prescott and just be right back in this same spot and get further into playoffs like immediately like it's a blueprint get rid of a high price quarterback who can't get over the hump so we can replace them with what we already seen the stat there's been 95 quarterbacks drafted since 2016 and only one of them have won a Super Bowl and most of them are either out of the league or running around as backups or middling veterans they're hardly even on the teams they were drafted in..​
That's how tough it is to replace a quarterback I'm not saying I'm scared to move on and blow this thing up in 2025 and I'm with you they they maybe need to get more aggressive and they will after the draft they're gonna go after a bunch of free agents and possibly make some trades and I'm not worried about this offseason so far... A lot of people are we've heard this thing a few years ago ohh historically off bad offseason we heard that they gave this team no chance they said they might win six games and we went to the second round of the playoffs that year....​
But yes we might waste a bunch of guys careers it happens all over the NFL we have a lot of superstars and guys are even taking away some of our average players because they're pretty damn good even though our fan base thinks our front office can't draft well or get talent on our roster and yet we're being poached yearly..​
So I'll trust this process we'll see what the roster looks like in training camp and what it looks like when roster cut downs come and right before the season, we'll we'll kind of get a better idea what this looks like...​
What if the plan is to not extend Prescott and then let him be a free agent then maybe I didn't read enough of these posts I would also try to trade Micah and lamb and diggs if you really wanna blow it up you gotta go get draft picks and that's the only way you can do it and then start over finding a quarterback and then looking for your war daddies all over again..​
So I guess my message to this fan base is if you believe Prescott is overpaid and not worth keeping not under his next new deal because he can't win in the playoffs he's not getting it done well neither have all the other big names including the guys we're talking about in this thread and you can add diggs in there too and trade him..​
This is a team game so if you wanna get rid of Prescott for not getting it done in the big games then you're truly gonna blow it up get rid of all of the assets that you can to compile draft picks so you can move up to a spot and get a better QB option inthe draft in 25..​
so if im the FO and not extend Dak let him test FA ,possibly he may stay here but if that the plan also DO NOT extend the other 2 and start thinking trading Diggs, Parsons and lamb..do NOT extend them either!​

CWR

Reaction score
The problem we have is our Big three all need new contracts and we are 4 million under the cap.
I am sure Jerry wants to resign all three.

Micha will get what Bosa got. Lamb is waiting for Jefferson to sign so he can ask for a dollar less.

Dak will get probably the largest contract in the league. Look at what happened with a 36 year old Cousins coming off ACL surgery.
$45 million a year, 100 million guaranteed.

I am not a Dak guy at all, I would cut him post June 1, take the hit, get 36 million in cap space back. I would have signed Minshew or Jacoby Brisett or Baltimore’s backup.
Dak will start with what Herbert , Hurts, Lamar got. He has no incentive to sign unless he gets top dollar or he hits FA.
Last year he was second in MVP, led the league in TD’s. Teams will be lined up to sign him.
I would walk away but Jerry is too stupid he never has a contingency plan. I would have loved to give Fields a chance, I would draft Pennies Nix.
Agree on all fronts. I've been a Dak guy, but I don't want to pay him. We've been there and done that unsuccessfully. Time to move forward. If our GM was worth a damn they'd trade him and collect some premium picks.