Twitter: Dak & Mike McCarthy at Kenny Chesney concert

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I'm picking up a Bette Davis in All About Eve vibe from him/her.
7711-576a.jpg

Damn, @Ranching... i forgive your jerry fanboyism ... let's meet at the tool shed

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Fishing in the Bayou, wearing hats all the time, appearing at Kenny Chesney concerts… Dak may be the biggest redneck on the team.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Curious if Dak threw some concert t's out into the stands, and if so...well

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I'd respect Kenny Chesney more if he wrote his own music and wasn't just a face telling other peoples stories as his own.

That's the main problem I have with todays mainstream country music. They don't write their own songs. They're just a nice looking face, packaged up, and pushed by a record label.

There is great country music out there, people. You just aren't going to find it on the "bro" country radio stations.

Jason Isbell, Tyler Childers, Zach Bryan, Sturgill Simpson, and Colter Wall are all worth a listen if you're looking for good old fashion county music in the same vein as Willie, Hank, Waylon, Johnny, and George.

CWR

Reaction score
Actually it is for those on here that hate everything. Or anything that is positive they turn it into a negative.
Something comes out positive that the team or a players does. Say Dak or Jerry gives a million dollars to charity, you know someone will bring up something negative about them.

it always happens and you are one of them.

Usually, anything that promotes team building, I view as positive. However, with JG not so far removed, I can't help but side eye a bit. I would hate to relive the "clicks" of our past. That said the guys at the concert are all written in stone at this point, and regardless I have to give MM the benefit of the doubt. He didn't seem to mind benching LC or parting ways with Jaylon. As long as it remains a meritocracy, any outside team building is a positive. Just don't get so close it affects your ability to make tough decisions.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I.........am.......so.......sorry. I promise to do better. I am going to leave a rainbow on your pillow tonight so you awaken to a brighter day.

jazzy, I call them like I see them but I do give credit to them when I see it is due. For instance, in the early part of the season when Dak was good I wrote "gee, isn't Dak good"? But then he went into this horrible terrible very bad slump and everybody was worried about him. So I asked "what's wrong with Dak"? And meanie posters wrote "nothing, it's you, it's all wrong with you". And that hurt my feelings. I think one of them was Tad.

Maybe you should leave it on your pillow...if you use one...:thumbup:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd respect Kenny Chesney more if he wrote his own music and wasn't just a face telling other peoples stories as his own.

That's the main problem I have with todays mainstream country music. They don't write their own songs. They're just a nice looking face, packaged up, and pushed by a record label.

There is great country music out there, people. You just aren't going to find it on the "bro" country radio stations.

Jason Isbell, Tyler Childers, Zach Bryan, Sturgill Simpson, and Colter Wall are all worth a listen if you're looking for good old fashion county music in the same vein as Willie, Hank, Waylon, Johnny, and George.
Funny you should mention this. Although it is music tradition going way back to get songs written for you, or "cover" others.....there's something to be said for being your own artist. I had a friend guitar tech for Rodney Atkins...and I met a couple guys in the band. He said "we're a real band...not hired gun hotshots. We write practice tour and perform together."

Kudos.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Funny you should mention this. Although it is music tradition going way back to get songs written for you, or "cover" others.....there's something to be said for being your own artist. I had a friend guitar tech for Rodney Atkins...and I met a couple guys in the band. He said "we're a real band...not hired gun hotshots. We write practice tour and perform together."

Kudos.
Todays country music is filled with "attractive" people singing other peoples songs.

Almost every hit on mainstream country radio you can find recording of the real writer singing them in some smoky bar in Nashville years before someone like Luke Bryan made the song famous.

Chris Stapleton is a perfect example. There are plenty of mainstream artist that made it big from songs Stapleton wrote (Luke Bryan famously one of them), and even though he has more talent in his pinky then they have in their whole body, he unforntunetley didn't have "the look". He eventually made it because his talent was undeniable thank goodness.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Todays country music is filled with "attractive" people singing other peoples songs.

Almost every hit on mainstream country radio you can find recording of the real writer singing them in some smoky bar in Nashville years before someone like Luke Bryan made the song famous.

That’s not just country, that’s all music today. LOL

And also, having recently spent a week in Nashville. Highly overrated. Cover band city.

Not much different than 6th Street in Austin.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
lol You can tell which members of the forum would be fun at parties..............and those that wouldn't.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Kudos.

Some people could pull it off though. MeatLoaf, my favorite musician, was an example. He wrote some songs, but most of what he sang was written by Him Steinmann (though, MeatLoaf did influence what was written). MeatLoaf could pull it off because he had one of the most incredible vocal ranges I know of short of Freddie Mercury. Oh, and his singing style was very catchy.