Twitter: Dak: "My confidence is through the roof"

tyke1doe

Reaction score
On the one hand, these are typical off-season comments. After six years in the league, you should be producing better.

On the other hand, I honestly believe Dak was never fully healed. He played the tough warrior and gutted it out the rest of the year, even though it seems pretty clear he reinjured his foot at the end of the Patriots game.

So ... we'll see. Regardless of the offensive line, he needs to up his game like about $40 million worth. He can't lean on the offensive line excuse after Joe Burrow got his team to a Super Bowl with a worse offensive line.

As Larry the Cable Guy says ... Git er done!

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I think this is a really big year for Dak. I think we will see the best version of Dak to date, whether or not that is good enough is yet to be seen though. I think back to Romo and the progression he made each year as the starting QB to hit 2014 and it all came together and he turned in one of the best QB performances ever. Romo was outstanding in 2014. This roughly the same time frame that Dak is entering, will this be the year he can put it all together, hopefully. We will see. OL should be improved, the RBs are healthy and this has the making of the best D in Dallas since the SB teams of the 90s. We also have a weak conference as a whole. If not this year, it will likely never happen. He needs to take that step for this team to reach it's goals.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Everyone is stronger, faster, and better this off-season.
Looks like we're well on the way to winning our 27th consecutive Summer Super Bowl.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Is it me or what’s more Cowboys culture than Cowboys players saying these cliche mantras all summer only to show no difference come Week 1 lol

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Not really.

When you had the injury he had, he probably knew he had pain and other issues with his leg that he thought would just be the new norm for him. So he didn't know it would feel as good as it does now.

When you are dragging your leg, it is hard to be confident in abundance.

I almost think the injury during the season shook him more than anything. You brace yourself for the recovery from the broken bone, knowing that it's a long road back and there will be a lot to overcome, but then while you are playing really well, you strain your calf. You've got to be thinking is this the new normal? Dak was playing at a very high level before the calf strain, so I think mentally he had regained his confidence. Then, the strain happened and sapped him. Hopefully, his body is ready now to fully cooperate with playing the game and he has no other setbacks.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
That’s great. All the props to the vatto for having his head screwed on right....after all he does have 40 million reasons.
But...talk is cheap.
He can talk the talk but can he walk the walk?
......to be continued