Dak needs a new agent

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To the fans the NFL is a game. To the players, it's a business.
It's getting to be much less of a game for me the more they cover the business side of it. I can actually remember when I didn't know what the player made....and I enjoyed the game a hell of a lot better.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LMAO, if Prescott's agent gets him 35M, he's going to have a lot of new clients. This is the most publicized negotiation in the league and there's a lot more at stake for his agent than for Prescott. He's hoping the Cowboys don't transition tag Prescott and let another team, with a GM that doesn't love his players, establish his value. If one would be willing to step up and give up 2 1sts. I don't think there is but his agent knows.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys are being quite reasonable. Dak’s agent is being ridiculous and unfortunately is inflating Daks head in the process.

why would he possibly be anywhere near the highest paid QB ever?

Id like to think it’s not Dak, but I’m not entirely sure. How can he be about winning when the contract he wants will prevent building a winning team.

I feel I was so wrong about Daks character. It’s just sad.
Same damn agent that was Romo's. Guess what kind of contracts Romo ended up with both times?

Answer: highest paid QB in the league BOTH TIMES.

When Dak made the agent switch to the agent that represented Romo, I knew Dak was going after the money, first. :mad:

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
After a year of negotiation , we can assume that both negotiating parties have a harsh stance by now .

It wont look good if Dak comes back with an attitude .

leeblair

Reaction score
If the fans get fed up with Dak's demands he could find himself playing for $10-$15 million for another team.
Dak's and Jason's wagons were hitched together for the last four years, and when the Cowboys failed to achieve success and Garrett's luck ran out, I think Dak lost a great deal of leverage with the Cowboys.
He was, after all, supposed to be the guy who was better than Romo and could lead the Cowboys and establish Jason Garrett's reputation as a winner.
Instead, Dak looked all too silly when he failed to even win the East and the Cowboys continued to slide against weak teams.
The knock on Dak is real- he can't beat winning teams.
But now, it appears that he can't beat even the .500 teams when the pressure is on.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys are being quite reasonable. Dak’s agent is being ridiculous and unfortunately is inflating Daks head in the process.

Id like to think it’s not Dak, but I’m not entirely sure. How can he be about winning when the contract he wants will prevent building a winning team.

Grow up

fivetwos

Reaction score
Jones already said he is going to pay Prescott, then wants a break on price.

I sort of commend Jerry for holding the line in a way, but his need to hear himself talk to the media cost the team probably one starting player against the cap. N

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dak's agent is Todd France. He's brokered some bid time deals for some big time players like Aaron Donald. I think he knows what he is doing. He's going to get the most money he can get for his client.

SSoup

Reaction score
Strongly disagree.

Dak would need a new agent if he was on the verge of accepting a smaller-than-necessary contract that fans (with a vested interest in players being underpaid) are elated about.

Realistically, the fact that fans, especially fans who dislike him for their own personal reasons, are grumbling about the figures being talked about means his agent is doing a very good job.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
The problem with this is
It worked for Zeke so why not
players know JJ will fold and sign them
the problem with this is It sets a bad precedent for the cowboys as an organization of their best players keep holding out. Soon everybody who plays for us will pull a Zeke or DLaw. It’s goin force the front office to make an fool decision and make an example. The need to be proactive like the Pats and trade them in their final year if they know the player is goin to value themselves more than the team does. We could’ve gotten 1st and 3rd for Lawrence if we didn’t want to keep him. .

kskboys

Reaction score
If the fans get fed up with Dak's demands he could find himself playing for $10-$15 million for another team.
Dak's and Jason's wagons were hitched together for the last four years, and when the Cowboys failed to achieve success and Garrett's luck ran out, I think Dak lost a great deal of leverage with the Cowboys.
He was, after all, supposed to be the guy who was better than Romo and could lead the Cowboys and establish Jason Garrett's reputation as a winner.
Instead, Dak looked all too silly when he failed to even win the East and the Cowboys continued to slide against weak teams.
The knock on Dak is real- he can't beat winning teams.
But now, it appears that he can't beat even the .500 teams when the pressure is on.
You are so lost when it comes to evaluating players. In FA, Dak would easily get 30 mil/season. W/ no hesitation. CHI, JAX, INDY, TB, CAR, and possibly even NE, TENN, SD. There'd be a bidding war.

Honestly, how does one get to be this far out of it? Crazy stuff.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

None of us have ANY idea where the negotiations are and who is being reasonable or not. And 80% of the time its the agent that is handling the negotiations.

The fact that you think you know enough to judge Daks character is hilarious.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I agree.

I have been suggesting Dak is not exactly everything he pretends he is for some weeks.

Been getting a lot of grief over it.

As time goes on, more and more apparent facts appear.

This is going to open all our eyes about what Dak is about.

LOL............weeks? How about 4 years you mean. 4 years of being dead wrong about Dak.

And yah, when Dak lead the NFL in passing with almost 5k yards and 30 TD's that definitely opened a lot of eyes.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You are so lost when it comes to evaluating players. In FA, Dak would easily get 30 mil/season. W/ no hesitation. CHI, JAX, INDY, TB, CAR, and possibly even NE, TENN, SD. There'd be a bidding war.

Honestly, how does one get to be this far out of it? Crazy stuff.

Blind hatred with a side of stupidity.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
You really have to laugh though, at how absurd these contracts have gotten in sports.

Absurd? The contracts are in line with revenue. If there was no money to pay it wouldn't be paid. And people aren't laughing, they're angry about it, as if they don't know how industry works in this country. Wonder why that is.

Basically, this is just another thread about a fan being made uncomfortable by a pending multi-million dollar contract being negotiated and automatically blaming the future recipient with zero knowledge of actual negotiations. But yet the officials are biased, lol.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score

Wow, a post with an agenda.

Please let us know how you got information on the negotiations.

Unless you are the liquor store clerk . . .

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

The truth is that we have very little idea of what Dak is truly seeking not only salary wise, but other factors, and we have very little idea what the Cowboys are willing to compromise on. Could be his agent that’s holding it up or it could be the Cowboys holding firm.