Dak needs a new agent

Kwyn

Reaction score
Im thinking we would have our first round pick and 2 more first rounders somehow we should be able to draft a quality QB with all that draft equity and start over with a rookie contract and a new coach that should be able to make better use of it along with improving the team with the other picks .

Just my thoughts I mean how could we fail with a total of 3 1st round draft picks to acquire a franchise QB at a good price . Garretts gone we couldnt screw this up could we ?? Of course Dak could hold out but I dont think that would really be good for him as we could use our 1st round pick on a QB with a rookie contract and improve the team with FAs bought with the 40 mil we didnt use on Dak

Careful now. This type of thinking is dangerous for this board

I can’t wait for people to pick on this idea and have it evolve to the next phase

“Dak is costing us two first round picks!!! If Jerry wasn’t so stupid, we would have two more first round picks and could draft the next Pat Mahomes!“

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
How much is enough for A GAME???

As much as you can get. The numbers are absurd but that’s the market, if you are putting your body on the line why not get as much as you can?

If you are negotiating salary at your job and you are one of the best at your position would you take less or get as much as you can?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im thinking we would have our first round pick and 2 more first rounders somehow we should be able to draft a quality QB with all that draft equity and start over with a rookie contract and a new coach that should be able to make better use of it along with improving the team with the other picks .

Just my thoughts I mean how could we fail with a total of 3 1st round draft picks to acquire a franchise QB at a good price . Garretts gone we couldnt screw this up could we ?? Of course Dak could hold out but I dont think that would really be good for him as we could use our 1st round pick on a QB with a rookie contract and improve the team with FAs bought with the 40 mil we didnt use on Dak

Right, better for the future but Jerry would have to be willing to tank the 2020 season. Even Joe Burrow is going to struggle next year. I just don't think Jerry at his age can stomach going through a rebuild. He's going to pay Dak ........maybe after a holdout just like he did with Zeke.

silvernblu

Reaction score
I’ve lost a lot of respect for Dak with both this, and for his flattering assessment of Garrett.
I think he unfortunately drank Garrett’s tainted cool aid and thinks arrogance is equal to proven greatness.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I’ve lost a lot of respect for Dak with both this, and for his flattering assessment of Garrett.
I think he unfortunately drank Garrett’s tainted cool aid and thinks arrogance is equal to proven greatness.
What an awful post.

Congratulations.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Right, better for the future but Jerry would have to be willing to tank the 2020 season. Even Joe Burrow is going to struggle next year. I just don't think Jerry at his age can stomach going through a rebuild. He's going to pay Dak ........maybe after a holdout just like he did with Zeke.

You are probably right . If Jerry would have just got us a coaching staff sooner we could have taken advantage of Daks rookie pay window this makes the task considerably harder than it needed to be . As we saw last night coaching is key to getting it done in big moments .

Last edited:

Blackrain

Reaction score
well, if we were to trade Dak, we would instantly be that bad off

we would instantly go to the bottom of the NFL when it comes to QB

If two firsts is the price for Dak, how are we supposed to turn those two firsts into something better? If it could’ve done, wouldn’t those teams with two firsts to trade be talking to someone else before us anyway?

You would think they would be using those 2 picks to draft a young QB that they could use to try and win in his rookie contract window unless they were just that player away from a SB . That said there are other players you could get for probably less investment .

I say offer Dak a fair deal of 30 to 32 mil and if he wont accept do non exclusive and let him see if someone is up for giving him 40 mil and 2 draft picks to us . At that point he will see his true worth and if he is foolish enough to hold out I would think all the endorsements will go out the window . Oinkos will have his paycheck on triple Zeros and so will we so it may bring him back to reality in a hurry . Just my opinion I really dislike the business side of football and dont profess to be an authority

JeffInDC

Reaction score
The Jones' messed this up BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!! Their lust to be on TV and radio all the time has created this situation. If you spend numerous hours publicly saying "he's our guy NO DOUBT"...……..yet, keep budging on paying him? Just pure stupidity - should've payed him IMMEDIATELY after the 2018 REGULAR Season had concluded. They could have EASILY signed him to a deal around $29-30M.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
I agree.

I have been suggesting Dak is not exactly everything he pretends he is for some weeks.

Been getting a lot of grief over it.

As time goes on, more and more apparent facts appear.

This is going to open all our eyes about what Dak is about.

Dak is like any other NFL player. There is a market that's been set. And, you NOR I have any real particulars of what numbers are in the actual offers being given. They may be offering $33-35M a year, but what are the GUARANTEES? If Wentz and Goff are getting $100 or more guaranteed and they offer Dak, say, $85M, should he take way less than those 2? I think NOT

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Should have signed him before wentz got his contract. That likely costed them another 3 or 4 million a year.

I subscribe to the law of contrary opinions on this one.

If anything, the Eagles overpaying Wentz due to the "market value" paradigm and watching that team struggle mightily with their new shiny "franchise quarterback" making top dollar, only strengthens the Cowboys position.
Ditto the Rams, etc.

Why in the world would we want to make the same mistake the Eagles made, perhaps even compounding it by overpaying even more than they did?

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I agree.

I have been suggesting Dak is not exactly everything he pretends he is for some weeks.

Been getting a lot of grief over it.

As time goes on, more and more apparent facts appear.

This is going to open all our eyes about what Dak is about.

If you dare say anything on this forum with regards to Dak that doesn't sound like a mother fawning over her firstborn child, you'll get absolutely disemboweled for it.

It's just the way it is.

Accept it and stand on your opinions/thoughts. The minute you let the forum police dictate to you how you're allowed to feel, you may as well stop posting.

BoysForLife

Reaction score

Unfortunately you are correct.

Guaranteed mediocrity is far superior than the possibility of being elite, when the possibility of being elite also carries the possibility of being wrong.
It's the Cowboy way.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
well, if we were to trade Dak, we would instantly be that bad off

we would instantly go to the bottom of the NFL when it comes to QB

If two firsts is the price for Dak, how are we supposed to turn those two firsts into something better? If it could’ve done, wouldn’t those teams with two firsts to trade be talking to someone else before us anyway?

I'm sure many in Kansas City were saying the same thing when that franchise was considering whether to keep Alex Smith or move on.

Say, how'd that work out for them anyhow?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
these little playlets we create in our minds (and on this board) to amuse ourselves are funny to me.

None of us are NFL executives or agents. The idea that these people go about their business the way we talk about here is just silly.

The idea that you assume nobody knows more about it than you do is funny to me, as well. It's not really rocket science that these procedures involve. I've attended enough contract negotiations in the past to have a pretty good idea how the procedure works. The fact that you don't understand it doesn't necessarily mean nobody else does. There's also nothing that says you have to agree with the opinions of others for their ideas to be valid.

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the Cowboys are being quite reasonable. Dak’s agent is being ridiculous and unfortunately is inflating Daks head in the process.

why would he possibly be anywhere near the highest paid QB ever?

Id like to think it’s not Dak, but I’m not entirely sure. How can he be about winning when the contract he wants will prevent building a winning team.

I feel I was so wrong about Daks character. It’s just sad.

What's the difference in an agent and a catfish?

One is a bottom swimming scumsucker and the other one is a fish.

All agents manipulate players to go for the money.

Dak originally answered a question right after the Russell Wilson contract by saying he didn't expect that much. His agent obviously went into over-drive convincing Dak to avoid making those types of comments.

The agent(s) for Dez ruined his career. They inflated his ego and his high salary forced the team to cut him early in the contract when he waa not performing at his peak.

Would the Nineties Cowboys like Irvin trade having been paid more if it meant zero Super Bowls?

Dak's agent also put him into a huge risk situation. What if he had a career ending injury in 2019? At that point having signed before 2019 for half of the contract value would have been the difference in 50M vs zero.

silvernblu

Reaction score
How much is QB of the Dallas Cowboys worth?

He can quibble over 5 extra million for a 4 years contract when his lifetime of endorsements will total hundreds of millions.

He is on the verge of a huge mistake.