Dak needs to stop the backpedaling

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I also listed the starting Oline of Romo that year which you conveniently ignored.

But you know, cherry pickers gonna pick cherries.
I didn’t
I also listed the starting Oline of Romo that year which you conveniently ignored.

But you know, cherry pickers gonna pick cherries.
Kosier, Tyron, Free, Holland….played pretty well that year no?

blueblood70

Reaction score
This game was won because Hill was injured and could not throw well, apart from the team is not well, there have been several games that the offense does not generate a good game, Dak has 3 excellent WRs, he can not do anything, they only beat bad teams, it is a shame
I watch the cowboy games just to see Micah Parsons play, a true elite player, who is going to become, if not already the image of the cowboys, hopefully the Jones wake up and really bring a QB to give to this team the real chance to win a SB. A Copper and C Lamb, they deserve to be among the best in the league, but if your QB does not generate anything, it is impossible.
it the OL as the biggest issue no mater how much you try to back peddle..no run game support along with poor OL play..they are out of sync..

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Are you slow? I listed 5 other guys and you single out Robinson lol? Hide your agenda some…it looks bad on you.
Before you call him slow maybe you should learn to count.

5 other guys?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
OPP | Result | Pressure Rate
TAM | L 29-31 | 14.50%
LAC | W 20-17 | 7.10%
PHI | W 41-21 |
31.30%
CAR | W 36-28 | 4.30%
NYG | W 44-20 | 17.10%
NWE | W 35-29 | 15.40%
DEN | L 16-30 |
30.20%
ATL | W 43-03 | 12.50%
KAN | L 09-19 |
33.30%
LVR | L 33-36 | 16.30%

Top 10 lowest Pressured+

Rk Player Tm Prss Prss%

1 Tom Brady TAM 56 11.70%
2 Matthew Stafford LAR 58 13.70%
3 Dak Prescott DAL 79 17.70%
4 Mac Jones NWE 80 19.30%
5 Ben Roethlisberger PIT 80 19.50%
6 Justin Herbert LAC 94 19.50%
7 Jimmy Garoppolo SFO 61 20.10%
8 Lamar Jackson BAL 88 21.10%
9 Kyler Murray ARI 62 21.50%
10 Ryan Tannehill TEN 94 21.60%

khiladi

Reaction score
Romo made Dez elite.. Dez didn’t have top flight speed, meaning he couldn’t smoke anybody in man coverage off the snap.

Dez on the other hand was a scapegoat for Dak..

That was Romo’s number 1. They then had to go draft another outside WR in TWill, who was another scapegoat for Dak.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

GuitarBytes

Reaction score
it the OL as the biggest issue no mater how much you try to back peddle..no run game support along with poor OL play..they are out of sync..
Those are just excuses, a QB who is paid that amount of money has to do more, generate a game, have the talent for it, Brady at 44 continues to do that.
There is no justification for Dak's bad game, simply that he is a mistake and a mirage, the talents of A Copper and C Lamb are being wasted,
A good QB, looks for a way to win the games, the last games have been won thanks to the defense.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Actually I ASKED him was he slow after he called me a *****….but keep sticking your nose somewhere it doesn’t belong….I expect it.
How many people did you actually list?

You stated, "5".

khiladi

Reaction score
The whole OL of the Cowboys during Romo’s career here were basically journeymen and busts, meaning guys whom Romo made look better than they ever did. David was a bust, Gurode couldn’t even call snaps as Center if I recall. Columbo along with Kosier was a journeyman. Rivera had a broken back by the time he came. No trade Holland as well and could never crack the starting lineup and was considered a bust. The only real OL was Flozell Adams, while Jerry replaced with Smith, knowing the importance of LT, when Adams went down.

It was constantly a patchwork OL.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Romo made Dez elite.. Dez didn’t have top flight speed, meaning he couldn’t smoke anybody in man coverage off the snap.

Dez on the other hand was a scapegoat for Dak..

That was Romo’s number 1. They then had to go draft another outside WR in TWill, who was another scapegoat for Dak.
He made arguably the best receiver in the 2010 draft class elite? Haha alright lol.

khiladi

Reaction score
One of Dez’s scouting profiles:

biggest complaint about Bryant is his playing speed. Unlike Randy Moss, for instance, he probably won't time especially well. Fast cornerbacks can stick with him down the field and edge him over to the sideline.

A step slow off the snap. Could improve his suddenness to beat jams better with his quickness.

Because he comes from a spread offense, Bryant hasn't been asked to run a full route tree and may have to learn some in this area. His best route is clearly the quick slant.

Too often, Bryant likes to initiate contact. While this was fine against smaller Big 12 defensive backs, this could get him in trouble with more aggressive NFL defenses.

Can get knocked off his route and get knocked off his game somewhat (see this year's Georgia game). Could do a better job of properly securing the ball after the catch.

Typical of most spread receivers, Bryant can struggle blocking against the run.

Never really considered a leader on the Oklahoma State offense. Some question if he's a system player, much like former Oklahoma State star Rashaun Woods.

It’s then you realize why Dak couldn’t utilize him.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Dak looks like he's got 20 lb ankle weights on when he moves.

It seems he is still feeling the effects of the "calf strain".

Honestly, I don't care that he's not running. But his footwork and movement in the pocket seems compromised and that sucks.

If it's something that can heal over the season, then we'll probably be alright. But if not, we don't have a legit shot of a deep post season run.

He and Zeke