Dak never makes the play

I agree...he should never have let the ravens make that catch in the middle of the field to set up the game winning TD
By that flawed logic, no quarterback should ever receive any criticism, then since they don’t play defense.

Don’t try and think, it’s not in the cards for you.
 
In what world is stopping henry 4 times including late 4th down to give a game winning series to dak....not?
They played well at times, no doubt. But calling 34 points "average" is agenda driven. I really try to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I just can't with comments like that.
 
I'll have to take another look. When I was watching the game, there was a player right on Pickens right arm as the ball sailed over his head.
No the defender was back in the end zone. Pickens was standing all alone at the pylon.
 
The D played well at times. But seriously, you think giving up 34 points is acceptable? that would be great in basketball but not good in football.
That's the NFL today, especially in a bad field against a team like that.

Baltimore was 3 of 9 on third down, and Henry was held largely in check.

Baltimore has a really good defense, and they have up a ton, too.

That was just the game on the field on those conditions. Nothing like that disaster in New York.
 
Twice in this game the offense failed to score when down in the red zone. That had nothing to do with the defense giving anything up, it has to do with an offense that seems to struggle like hell to punch the ball into the end zone. The defense gave them a fighting chance and they squandered it.
They should have came away with a field goal, but it got blocked.
And fergi had a fumble too.
And wasn't it fergi who had the penalty on the 2 yard line....on the 2nd down....

Still. We scored 31. That should be enough.

Still we tied the game with 7 seconds to go.

Make a play and Go into overtime.

Aubrey was stupid with his kick to give them the ball on the 35. Worst case should have been in the field and at 25.

Parker had 6 at LOS and dropped 5 into coverage. A bilicheck led team worst case acenario would have told player if they get completion, dont tackle, just contain and if they fall down dont touch them...
Let the click run out.

We are a very stupid team. Coach on down
 
They played well at times, no doubt. But calling 34 points "average" is agenda driven. I really try to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I just can't with comments like that.
The critical stops the defense had....especially that last one the offense bundled. We'd never said our defense could do that. They did. They gave the offense a chance and they bundled it.

Our defense played way better than expected....yes...or no?
 
That's the NFL today, especially in a bad field against a team like that.

Baltimore was 3 of 9 on third down, and Henry was held largely in check.

Baltimore has a really good defense, and they have up a ton, too.

That was just the game on the field on those conditions. Nothing like that disaster in New York.
They had 190 yards rushing.
 
I would love to know how many of those came against teams with winning records, especially outside the division.

Does anyone actually have any confidence he will come through in a close game against a good team? It never happens. He's dominant against the division. But it seems like he is a deer in headlights in crunch time against teams outside the division.
Yeah, but how much more did he sweat today than normal? Because, clearly, had he not sweat so much, the defense would have played better.
 
So offense played flawless. You think that last series was elite. The one our defense stopped Henry on 4th down. The stop you'd say our defense could never do.

We gave our offense a game winning drive and they couldn't do it.

Here's some more Crack for you.
When didn't say offense played flawless?

Show me..

I said, expectations are the offense has to be close to flawless, else its their fault

Defense made 2 stops, start the parade...they get a pass
 
They should have came away with a field goal, but it got blocked.
And fergi had a fumble too.
And wasn't it fergi who had the penalty on the 2 yard line....on the 2nd down....

Still. We scored 31. That should be enough.

Still we tied the game with 7 seconds to go.

Make a play and Go into overtime.

Aubrey was stupid with his kick to give them the ball on the 35. Worst case should have been in the field and at 25.

Parker had 6 at LOS and dropped 5 into coverage. A bilicheck led team worst case acenario would have told player if they get completion, dont tackle, just contain and if they fall down dont touch them...
Let the click run out.

We are a very stupid team. Coach on down
Offense was in position to score a td and just could not tonight when it mattered.

Schotty couldn't manage the clock and dak couldn't help him. A bilicheck team would have.
 
The critical stops the defense had....especially that last one the offense bundled. We'd never said our defense could do that. They did. They gave the offense a chance and they bundled it.

Our defense played way better than expected....yes...or no?
This I can agree with. I was specifically pointing out the 34 points comment. You don't need exaggeration to make your point.
 
That’s called a strawman argument.

I never said Dak was immune from criticism. In fact, I’ve said he HAS made bad throws.

Do you recall when Dak threw the incomplete pass in the end zone to CD, and CD looked at him and made a hand gesture? The announcer said that CD was saying “I know what you were thinking there”.

Both the WR and the QB are reading the defense and adjusting their decision based on what they’ve read. They ought to read the same thing. Sometimes they don’t, and it looks like a bad throws when, in fact, they just read it differently.

Dak can throw the ball, but someone has to catch the ball. When that doesn’t happen, it’s not automatically the fault of the QB (even when this forum desperately wants to blame Dak).

Sometimes it WAS a bad throw. The very best QB’s in history have bad throws and even lots of interceptions.

This forum has a lot of people who think in very binary terms. If Dallas wins, it was this or that or maybe lots of reasons.

If Dallas loses, it’s because Dak sucks.

Statistics and some knowledge of football proves that to be largely untrue.

I can name 25 QB’s I’d take Dak over every single game, and only a handful I’d perhaps want instead.

That’s me.

I can think of 25 defenses I’d rather have right now.

In my view, the conversation we will begin to read about is shortly to be “how long will Dallas continue with CP as defensive coordinator”. 3 games in is too early, but the early returns are pretty terrible.
In that last sequence it was Dak. It was no one else’s fault. The fade throw on 1st was poor. The throw on 3rd was terrible.

Make a better throw, we win. So he shares in the blame for that loss.

He just does.
 
Does Dak play defense? This defense couldnt hold for 7 sec? I have to wonder if some people’s dislike for Dak has nothing to do with football
We score, the numbers would've been reversed and in fact, people would be praising Dak and the Defense for a comback victory.
 
This I can agree with. I was specifically pointing out the 34 points comment. You don't need exaggeration to make your point.
I dont think I specifically said 34 points is an average.

I've said over and over our defense was. Especially containing Henry on those critical plays and handing our offense a golden opportunity we dont often give them.

Better than OUR typical average?
 
Almost closed is still a window. You champion daks tight window thows then poo this one HAHAHA
Your imagination runs wild brother. I have never mentioned Dak's tight window abilities. He can make those throws but I've always said his biggest issue is consistency.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,015
Messages
14,657,184
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top