Dak & Nike

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
The entire endorsement thing is a wonky deal to me.

I find it hard to believe people actually make purchasing decisions based on what an athlete or celebrity endorses. But evidently they do or Manning and Rodgers wouldn't continue to get paid for what amounts to doing nothing.

I do not care what any of them drinks, eats, drives or anything else. However, I thought it was hilarious that Tiger Woods, spokesperson for Buick, was chased down by his wife when she clubbed him in a getaway Cadillac. Cadillac missed out. "Cadillac, a great luxury car; not a good getaway vehicle. Pick up women driving a Caddy, don't rob banks".

Well, Cadillac and Buick are of the same family, I think. I haven't even looked at a Big 3 car in over three decades.
I am with you on the endorsements. I don't know why athletic endorsements work, but apparently, they do.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
In case any of you are looking to buy shoes, I wear Merrell, Clarks, Born, and cowboy boots. Eddie Bauer snow boots too.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I do understand and nothing i can do about it but if you ask me it is unethical practice ..a player should only endorse something he or she really believes in

Lotta "shoulds" in your vocabulary.

You think anyone paid to endorse anything all "believe in" the products they endorse? And for Dak, you think he hasn't worn both Nikes and Addidas at least once during his sports career stretching back to childhood? Should players only play for teams they grew up rooting for because then that's proof they "really believe" in the team they play for? What kinds of lines are you drawing in your mind about others? Interesting.

conner01

Reaction score
He had a deal with Addidas but it may have run out
Or he may be in negotiations and sending a message
Endorsements are more than what a player makes in his playing career for many and Dak has made much more than he’s made playing

conner01

Reaction score

I find it hard to believe people actually make purchasing decisions based on what an athlete or celebrity endorses. But evidently they do or Manning and Rodgers wouldn't continue to get paid for what amounts to doing nothing.

I do not care what any of them drinks, eats, drives or anything else. However, I thought it was hilarious that Tiger Woods, spokesperson for Buick, was chased down by his wife when she clubbed him in a getaway Cadillac. Cadillac missed out. "Cadillac, a great luxury car; not a good getaway vehicle. Pick up women driving a Caddy, don't rob banks".
I don’t but based on what athletes wear but people who buy much more than I do, love buying what their fav player wears
Not much different than buying your fav players jersey

MarcusRock

Reaction score

I don't think it's the "use this because this famous person allegedly does," I think it's more the mass recognition factor keeping people glued to the set. If some no name actor comes on to endorse something, you're less likely to pay attention all the way through than if a widely known celebrity does. When I see Rodgers or Chris Paul on the State Farm commercials, I want to see what they have them doing next so I watch the whole thing. Mahommes has to work on his acting chops as far as I'm concerned though, lol.

I think it's just meant to keep the brand at the forefront of a person's mind beyond the airing. Do you remember the Cindy Crawford Super Bowl ad from many years ago? Do you remember the product she was endorsing at the time? Exactly. Even this past year's Super Bowl, the one I remember is "Drake from State Farm." Doesn't even have to be good, just memorable. That's what advertisers want I would think.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Nike, who's phrase is coined from a murderer, and loves to enforce poor working conditions will tell us they stand for select movements to make the world a better place, and use no other than high profile athletes to push their product. They are basically saying gg2ez to the world lol

tyke1doe

Reaction score
All this angst about Dak and Nike and not any evidence that supports the supposition.

As for hypocrisy, draw your line in the sand where you will, but I guarantee you, you can find hypocrisy in any and everywhere if you draw the circle wide enough.

CWR

Reaction score

Jordan had a big hand in making Nike the company it is today.

I agree with you to an extent, but back in the day getting a pair of Jordan's was off the chain. $$$

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I hope he doesn’t sign with Nike.

Exactly. Nike is a company to scorn. I will never buy a Nike product again. New Balance for me for now on.

That said Dak is still awesome. If those jokers want to throw him money good for him.

Hardline

Reaction score
I endorse Doc Marten Ironbridge work boots.
be95ec5db127385a077c2902e287cb5d.jpg

shabazz

Reaction score
I agree with the free market crowd here.".......but it’s hard to believe that if they took all the millions of dollars given to these athletes and actually paid Americans to do the work here, they could still be profitable

I guess we should never underestimate the savings made off the backs of communist underage labor

Enjoy their products.......just like Lebron and the NBA afraid to speak out against their Chinese masters and human rights violations because they be gettin paid by them.....but don’t have a problem bashing this country

Hypocrisy at its finest, indeed