Dak & Nike

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Rf3f51b71dc01e7f658cc08a402708c0c

I endorse Sir Gallagher day side Oxfords for the stylish and active man.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dak's shoe contract, or anything related to it, doesn't interest me. I'm only interested in what happens on game day.

It's been 25 years since this team did anything that matters, thanks to the old boys playing fantasy football in the FO.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
All big sports wear name brands suck.
they do lol.
I like tom brady, but I am not going to buy any apparel he is paid to represent.
I think it sells kid shoes, maybe teenagers, and a few adults.

Same thing goes for actors or any celebs.
State farm boggles the mind, cause I dont care what rodgers says, I would rather they not pay him, and just lower their rates.

Flamma

Reaction score
Lotta "shoulds" in your vocabulary.

You think anyone paid to endorse anything all "believe in" the products they endorse? And for Dak, you think he hasn't worn both Nikes and Addidas at least once during his sports career stretching back to childhood? Should players only play for teams they grew up rooting for because then that's proof they "really believe" in the team they play for? What kinds of lines are you drawing in your mind about others? Interesting.

If you asked someone for their advice, would you want their honest advice? Or advice someone paid that person to tell you?

I don't blame the players. Hell, pay me enough and I'll swear by anything. But people should know this. If you think the characters pushing products in these ads actually like the product, you'd probably be mistaken.

Flamma

Reaction score
Jordan had a big hand in making Nike the company it is today.

I agree with you to an extent, but back in the day getting a pair of Jordan's was off the chain. $$$

You're right. But back in the 80s when I got them, I didn't get them because of his name. I got them because at that time they were far better than the competition. They also cost 120 bucks. They were worth every penny.

Reactions: CWR

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're right. But back in the 80s when I got them, I didn't get them because of his name. I got them because at that time they were far better than the competition. They also cost 120 bucks. They were worth every penny.

Worth every penny...no way...IMO though. I know everyone is different about products they buy.

I had all the different name brands at one time or another from the 70's to 2000 or so.
Not a one of them lasted me any longer than a pair of $20 K-mart specials. :laugh:

I buy some shoes off a "Shoes for Crews" website sometimes, they too last longer than any of the top name brands. Also a pair of $30 Walmart specials last me just as long as an $100 pair of "whatever" brand.
I bought some Sketchers, at an outlet store for about $40, they seem to last pretty decent.

The only shoe that lasted almost forever from the 70's form the Converse Chuck Taylor's.

I never, ever bought anything, even as a kid something that some sports star or celebrity endorsed. If I liked it, or needed it, I bought it, but not because of anyone else.

Flamma

Reaction score
Worth every penny...no way...IMO though. I know everyone is different about products they buy.

I had all the different name brands at one time or another from the 70's to 2000 or so.
Not a one of them lasted me any longer than a pair of $20 K-mart specials. :laugh:

I buy some shoes off a "Shoes for Crews" website sometimes, they too last longer than any of the top name brands. Also a pair of $30 Walmart specials last me just as long as an $100 pair of "whatever" brand.
I bought some Sketchers, at an outlet store for about $40, they seem to last pretty decent.

The only shoe that lasted almost forever from the 70's form the Converse Chuck Taylor's.

I never, ever bought anything, even as a kid something that some sports star or celebrity endorsed. If I liked it, or needed it, I bought it, but not because of anyone else.

When we're talking 120 bucks, it's not like it's something you can buy on the regular in the 80s. I tried other brands in the 50 dollar range. I played so much sports back then. Everything. All 4 major sports plus tennis, you name it. A 50 or 60 dollar pair of sneakers would last me a month and a half, 2 months if I was lucky. They were worn out and had to go. I buy Air Jordan's again, 8-10 months. Waaaaaaay more comfortable too. Not even close. So I just stuck with them. But like I said, I was a sports playing fiend. I'd go through sneakers on pavement quick.

CWR

Reaction score

It's all about how they make you feel when you put them on. Aside from that you're right, I don't believe there is a noticeable difference in quality.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
The entire endorsement thing is a wonky deal to me.

I find it hard to believe people actually make purchasing decisions based on what an athlete or celebrity endorses. But evidently they do or Manning and Rodgers wouldn't continue to get paid for what amounts to doing nothing.

I do not care what any of them drinks, eats, drives or anything else. However, I thought it was hilarious that Tiger Woods, spokesperson for Buick, was chased down by his wife when she clubbed him in a getaway Cadillac. Cadillac missed out. "Cadillac, a great luxury car; not a good getaway vehicle. Pick up women driving a Caddy, don't rob banks".

So obviously an old example, but you don't think Michael Jordan sold several tons of sneakers? Or Gatorade? You may not make decisions based off that, but people clearly do. To be honest, you'd be surprised by what leaks into your subconscious.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MY BKs put Nike to shame.