Dak on deal with Cowboys "I'm definitely confident."

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
yea. no oline, no dline, no lbs, no money for Fa, drafting in the bottom,

win "what" in that calculation.

you go 8-9 and miss the playoffs with a 4 year , 60m QB in a rebuild?
The line, LB and RB weaknesses can all be fixed in the offseason.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
3 openings on the oline, 2 on the dline, 2 at LB, 2 at RB, 1/2 for WR. Dak, Micah and lamb getting max deals

goodl luck with that. your vacation to the 2008 top loaded roster and jags.
Micah not until next year. We still don’t know the contracts of Dak or Lamb. Only need 1 RB that will cost capital. The other can be drafted or 2nd or 3rd tier FA. Only need 1 LB. Micah will move back.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Micah not until next year. We still don’t know the contracts of Dak or Lamb. Only need 1 RB that will cost capital. The other can be drafted or 2nd or 3rd tier FA. Only need 1 LB. Micah will move back.
Micah isn't moving back, and that means 3 dlinemen.

and Micah can be extended this year. they won't, wait until next year when it adds another 15%

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Good, Dak. As for me, I want you on the team for as long as you want and for how much money you want.

JJ deserves it and so does his fans, like me!
Are you serious? "As long as you want"...so there's no performance threshold he needs to pass?

Servile and empty comment...a cheerleader says things like this...not an analyst or even a casual fan!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I mean most NFL players demand big contracts without winning the big one. Lamb is going to be making 30m per year without winning the big one. Martin has been one the highest paid Gs in the league without winning the big one. If we just focus on QBs most of the QB contracts coming up, the QBs have not won the "big one".
I wasn't referring to the Super Bowl. It was winning the big games vs. the better teams in the NFL and those in the playoffs. Losing in the 1st playoff game isn't quite enough for a QB who's being paid an elite salary. Let's hope the future holds better results once better talent on the OL is eventually acquired. There are some excellent OL talents available in the upcoming draft. Others on defense (LBs) wouldn't hurt, either. Outside of that, we'll see what happens in the season yet to be played.

Last edited:

Adreme

Reaction score
I wasn't referring to the Super Bowl. It was winning the big games vs. the better teams in the NFL and those in the playoffs. Losing in the 1st playoff game isn't quite enough for a QB who's being paid an elite salary. Let's hope the future holds better results once better talent on the OL is eventually acquired. There are some excellent OL talents available in the upcoming draft. Others on defense (LBs) wouldn't hurt, either. Outside of that, we'll see what happens in the season yet to be played.
I am assuming you are smart enough to know wins are not a QB stat. That being said once again you have most of the roster has that same experience and the elite players on it will get an elite salary. That is also true for the entire NFL. Players get paid based on what they are and they can do because teams know winning is a team stat and while individual players can contribute you can only judge a player based on how well they do their responsibility.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I am assuming you are smart enough to know wins are not a QB stat. That being said once again you have most of the roster has that same experience and the elite players on it will get an elite salary. That is also true for the entire NFL. Players get paid based on what they are and they can do because teams know winning is a team stat and while individual players can contribute you can only judge a player based on how well they do their responsibility.
Yes, you're right . . . I'm smart enough to know that . . . it's too bad that the problems that the Cowboys face are far from that simple! This team lacks the management and leadership to have the kind of success that the most capable players can't seem to produce. That's just the beginning of the problems that they face but it's enough to exact a curse that any decent team of players are unable to overcome. Consider that, if you will. ;)

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

StuckMojo

Reaction score
The MVP runner-up isn't going anywhere.

"I know they've come up short the last few years... but he's been a great player in this league, and his best years are still ahead of him."

-Troy Aikman on Dak
Unfortunately he hasn’t gone anywhere in the playoffs

MyFairLady

Reaction score
All I see is a baby in a diaper getting bent over and abused sexually by Green Bay.

blueblood70

Reaction score

wow what do you know another Prescott thread how many are open now 75 go look at 10 pages deep and find all subject lines with our quarterbacks name of some sort in it he needs his own area of this website no talking about Prescott in the main area somebody change it it rejects anything with any of his nicknames or names in it