Dak on deal with Cowboys "I'm definitely confident."

Brax

Reaction score
That sounds like a leader who wants to sign a deal that allows the team to keep and procure good players that will help that QB win a SB in Dallas!

Leadership and wanting to solidify his legacy! Ok, Prescott, I'm confident too.

Doesn't hurt that he holds all the leverage though. Lol
Actually it doesn’t say that, he wants top dollar and he’s talking about this year’s 59mill hit, he’s happy to help the team with that number by getting 65 mill a year and a huge signing bonus. That’s called blackmail and it’s how his agent took Jerry to the cleaners, if Jerry had half a brain left he would let Dak play out the year and take the hit, no SB bye Dak.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Actually it doesn’t say that, he wants top dollar and he’s talking about this year’s 59mill hit, he’s happy to help the team with that number by getting 65 mill a year and a huge signing bonus. That’s called blackmail and it’s how his agent took Jerry to the cleaners, if Jerry had half a brain left he would let Dak play out the year and take the hit, no SB bye Dak.
this

GMO415

Reaction score
Nominated for post of the season

Adreme

Reaction score
It's sad that Dak feels entitled to demand such overpaid contracts without winning the big ones. He's his own agent's sap! Not a good look.
I mean most NFL players demand big contracts without winning the big one. Lamb is going to be making 30m per year without winning the big one. Martin has been one the highest paid Gs in the league without winning the big one. If we just focus on QBs most of the QB contracts coming up, the QBs have not won the "big one".

Portnoy1

Reaction score
That sounds like a leader who wants to sign a deal that allows the team to keep and procure good players that will help that QB win a SB in Dallas!

Leadership and wanting to solidify his legacy! Ok, Prescott, I'm confident too.

Doesn't hurt that he holds all the leverage though. Lol
I’m not big on Dak. He’s not great, but he’s well above average. I do like the fact that when he got hurt they looked HORRIBLE in 2020 and he then took them to the cleaners with that contract. The guy bet on himself and won. And it appears he’s in a great position to do it again.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Dak and his agent are watching what Cousins and Mayfield are doing with their free agent status and are tabulating what they may be able to do with that status. If Jerry Jones, not Cowboys fans, feels he has a more viable option at quarterback than re-signing Dak Prescott he’ll do it. The Cowboys FO put themselves in their current salary cap situation. Dak didn’t do that. And it’s not Dak’s or his agent’s responsibility to manage the salary cap for GM Jerry Jones. If the Cowboys don’t want Dak cut him. Just get rid of him and move on. Lots of teams are addressing their quarterback situation right now. The Cowboys either can do the same or just continue with the one they have. None of this is about Dak. It’s all about Jerry Jones. It’s his decisions that count. Not Dak’s.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak and his agent are watching what Cousins and Mayfield are doing with their free agent status and are tabulating what they may be able to do with that status. If Jerry Jones, not Cowboys fans, feels he has a more viable option at quarterback than re-signing Dak Prescott he’ll do it. The Cowboys FO put themselves in their current salary cap situation. Dak didn’t do that. And it’s not Dak’s or his agent’s responsibility to manage the salary cap for GM Jerry Jones. If the Cowboys don’t want Dak cut him. Just get rid of him and move on. Lots of teams are addressing their quarterback situation right now. The Cowboys either can do the same or just continue with the one they have. None of this is about Dak. It’s all about Jerry Jones. It’s his decisions that count. Not Dak’s.
very good points!!