Twitter: Dak on pace to break Romo's Cowboys franchise single season passing yards record

shabazz

Reaction score
What is your solution at QB if we don’t pay Dak? History around the league seems to shoe that QB ‘s aren’t that easy to find.

Great logic and comparison on the Zeke and Brady thing. It gives insight about your evaluation process.

How much does Brady make? How much does his wife make?

First off, I want to thank you for not playing the " You hate Dak" card. Very commendable

I'm aware that you cant possibly read all my posts but I am on record that Dakota can be a serviceable QB for us PROVIDED he can be surrounded by talent. And that talent requires cap money. My disagreement is with those that use these bogus stats earned by beating pass defenses in the basement of the NFL to justify his demands for a contract over 30mil, (which his agent has verified)

My hopes for the team also include wishing Zeke wasn't paid so much either, but at least in his case he finishes in the top 5 every season and in truly elite.

Brady reportedly makes 15-16 mil per year. As for Brady's wife, her salary doesn't factor in the Patriots Salary Cap. and oh BTW, Dakotas 50 Million he will earn this year in Endorsements and insurance doesn't factor in the cowboys salary cap either.

Just a little insight for the evaluation process

JBond

Reaction score
I don't see this as a good sign. It's more a sign of the failure of the running game and the Cowboys having to catch up from behind.
That is part of it, but I agree with the majority that believe he has taken a huge step forward as a passer.

The big question in my mind is will the next head coach be willing to keep his QB coach and play caller?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
First off, I want to thank you for not playing the " You hate Dak" card. Very commendable

I'm aware that you cant possibly read all my posts but I am on record that Dakota can be a serviceable QB for us PROVIDED he can be surrounded by talent. And that talent requires cap money. My disagreement is with those that use these bogus stats earned by beating pass defenses in the basement of the NFL to justify his demands for a contract over 30mil, (which his agent has verified)

My hopes for the team also include wishing Zeke wasn't paid so much either, but at least in his case he finishes in the top 5 every season and in truly elite.

Brady reportedly makes 15-16 mil per year. As for Brady's wife, her salary doesn't factor in the Patriots Salary Cap. and oh BTW, Dakotas 50 Million he will earn this year in Endorsements and insurance doesn't factor in the cowboys salary cap either.

True on Dak’s endorsements. Good point. Brady is on another league at a point where less money isn’t a factor.

Dak will get the money. We all will accept that. and I believe he deserves it. Stats have been posted, evidence is out there and we’ll see how the rest of this season plays out.

You seem reasonable as well. So please—please, If Dak has a big game vs the patriots and we win don’t side with pappy and his list of excuses.

It’s pretty clear some on here just won’t be happy with Dak no matter what. Don’t be that guy:)

phildadon86

Reaction score
Thats how this Legend is being built. Off the backs of putrid defenses. Lets see how the 2nd half of the season goes and where Dakota finishes. Theses guys agree with paying him 35mil so he should finish in the top 5 like Zeke has done in the past seasons. If he finishes top 5 he will have earned this salary thats twice what Brady makes
You keep doing this. Keep leaving out Minnesota and Green Bay. Its comical.

shabazz

Reaction score
True on Dak’s endorsements. Good point. Brady is on another league at a point where less money isn’t a factor.

Dak will get the money. We all will accept that. and I believe he deserves it. Stats have been posted, evidence is out there and we’ll see how the rest of this season plays out.

You seem reasonable as well. So please—please, If Dak has a big game vs the patriots and we win don’t side with pappy and his list of excuses.

It’s pretty clear some on here just won’t be happy with Dak no matter what. Don’t be that guy:)

I'm just hoping he will feast on the Lions 26th ranked pass defense and we can get out ahead of them. As for the Patriots, almost every QB will have trouble against that group so I wont hold him to a higher standard than anybody else. FWIW, I was on here Monday saying Dak was the one bright spot and wasn't the cause for the loss. My exact words were, " If a guy is slingin that rock and being aggressive I dont care about a final INT or bad pass". I like to see him aggressive.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
They say they had poor pass D. Though, that does undermine their argument that if Zeke is stopped Dak can’t do anything.
Yeah Shabass has been called out on it multiple times and he can't come up with a reply.

He was saying it after the beginning of the season, but no matter who we play it doesn't matter since Dak destroyed sub par opponents earlier in the year. One of the weirder hills to die on, on this forum. But to each their own.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yeah Shabass has been called out on it multiple times and he can't come up with a reply.

He was saying it after the beginning of the season, but no matter who we play it doesn't matter since Dak destroyed sub par opponents earlier in the year. One of the weirder hills to die on, on this forum. But to each their own.
Dak can go for 350 and 3TDS against the Pats and some people wouldnt say a word good about him.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
Dak can go for 350 and 3TDS against the Pats and some people wouldn't say a word good about him.
I honestly think its more about the constantly moving measuring stick of what is good or what should be celebrated. First, it was that he can't get above 250 yards. Next, it was he cannot throw the deep ball. And even more, so that he is wildly inaccurate. Over the course of the season, he has elevated his game shown serious growth from seasons past. I think none of us will know if it will be enough if it doesn't have some kind of asterisk attached about opposing defenses, weather, or something else. But at this point, I think that even within the cowboys' fanbase and on the outside, he can never do enough that would then be changed to seem like he is not succeeding.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Pappy is not your problem bud, reality is concerning Dak's super stats so far this year...

Quote) Wow, I just looked. We have only played one top 10 passing D (Saints - 10th).
Then we have played: 14th, 16th, 18th, 19th, 23rd, 24th (x2), 26th. (Unquote

Polkton31

Reaction score
Pappy is not your problem bud, reality is concerning Dak's super stats so far this year...

Quote) Wow, I just looked. We have only played one top 10 passing D (Saints - 10th).
Then we have played: 14th, 16th, 18th, 19th, 23rd, 24th (x2), 26th. (Unquote

:lmao: Would you knock your boy Zeke if he had a good game against a weak rush defense? NVM, we all know the answer to that question. You'd be on here singing his praises like you were a member of the Tabernacle Choir.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

Brady has also played 20 years in the league and made a ton. If Brady wanted 30 million plus a year he would get it. Dak on the other hand is the future and has been getting paid less than backups. This will be his first contract.

All that being said, most of the guys saying he should get paid 35 plus is because he deserves it. Sure, we all wish players would take 1 million a year so the cap would allow us to get better players but that just isn't realistic.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
:lmao: Would you knock your boy Zeke if he had a good game against a weak rush defense? NVM, we all know the answer to that question. You'd be on here singing his praises like you were a member of the Tabernacle Choir.
What's the rankings of rush defenses we have played? Zeke is barely the 8th overall rusher in the league