Twitter: Dak on pace to break Romo's Cowboys franchise single season passing yards record

foofighters

Reaction score
Nope. You have always been one of Romo's biggest supporters.
You're missing the whole point. The argument back then was the supporters using stats to support Romo. Your claim was that stats are for losers. While I did support Romo I was well aware of his limitations. I have the exact same stance with Dak.

EJK24

Reaction score
Dak isnt the best QB in the league by a long shot but when I look at teams around the league, I'm happy to have him.

There are players better, there are plenty that are worse. I understand criticism surrounding his contract desires and our ability to sign him and still be able to sign other players we need.

If we don't sign him because we dont wanna pay too much, we are forced to draft someone else and pray that he develops into a top quarterback. If you knew you were going to be drafting the next big thing in the league then I guess that would make sense but what are the odds we wind up with someone better? This is the same team that from the top down we say it dysfunctional and cant be trusted.

I think signing him is the lesser of the evils if you look at our options.

Hes going to be the QB whether we like it or not and I think he has improved and with a more competent coaching staff, he could be even better.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Dak's improved, but a healthy Romo would be 7-2, 8-1, or 9-0 with this team. Dak's still not good enough to overcome Garrett's lame *** coaching.

EJK24

Reaction score
Dak's improved, but a healthy Romo would be 7-2, 8-1, or 9-0 with this team. Dak's still not good enough to overcome Garrett's lame *** coaching.

He shouldn't have to be. That's the worst part. Not only do we need to beat the team across from us, we have to do so knowing we are at a disadvantage more often then not because of our coaching staff.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

It's sad that someone

1. Actually typed this
2. Believes it

Romo at his peak would be no better than 6-3, but more likely 5-4 or worse

quickccc

Reaction score
To which I would have NEVER imagine and thought it likely that we'd be a better passing team than running team
When it used to be the pass game that fed off what advantage the Zeke led run game brought to the table .

But it goes to show you that there is a foundation that dak has to become a more viable passing machine than what many critics thought he could be
And..there is a terrific coaching source currently on deck that had to be very instrumental to successfully refining the throwing mechanics that flawed him.

I thought this coaching success process actually started last year in 2018, with the last three games.. NYG, Seattle, Rams when we saw Dak no longer holding the ball forever on his way to more of his unnecessary 53+ sacks (well, 16 of them may have been his fault) ..but I really some going onstage behind the scenes among the coaches had an effect on Daks passing that was clearly different under linehan..and it translated into the next season in 2019,imo

landryscorner

Reaction score
This is actually a bad stat ...it only means our running game is not very good. It also means time of possession is down another negative....so double negative.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So you would rather start something instead of taking good advice........

Noted. You know very well who thinks what on this board. You don't like what I'm telling you, that's on you. I can give good advice, I can't make you any smarter.

That too, is on you.
I have no idea what you are complaining about. You must be one of the you guys after all.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don't think that's true at all. I think many people have been (including myself) very pleased with his progress this year. He still needs to make some more improvements but his future continues to look very promising.
Of course I was generalizing. I was talking to the groupies of Dak haters that spend their entire time here trashing him.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
It's sad that someone

1. Actually typed this
2. Believes it

Romo at his peak would be no better than 6-3, but more likely 5-4 or worse
There's nothing sad about it. Romo has led teams to those records multiple times. The best records of his teams were 13-3, 11-5, and 12-3. Except for the 13-3 team, none of the others were even arguably close to this one in talent.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You're missing the whole point. The argument back then was the supporters using stats to support Romo. Your claim was that stats are for losers. While I did support Romo I was well aware of his limitations. I have the exact same stance with Dak.
What you're not getting is that Dak and Romo are different styles of QBs. Dak takes care of the football and is able to be a strong late-in-the-game general. Romo was the opposite. He was a gambler who tended to commit turnovers at the wrong time and throw games away late in games because of his gambler ways. You guys would use his passing high numbers to prop him up, but you refused to hold him accountable for his game-costing turnovers due to being such a risk taker. THAT is the difference when comparing stats of Romo and today's Dak.

nobody

Reaction score
What you're not getting is that Dak and Romo are different styles of QBs. Dak takes care of the football and is able to be a strong late-in-the-game general. Romo was the opposite. He was a gambler who tended to commit turnovers at the wrong time and throw games away late in games because of his gambler ways. You guys would use his passing high numbers to prop him up, but you refused to hold him accountable for his game-costing turnovers due to being such a risk taker. THAT is the difference when comparing stats of Romo and today's Dak.

You're mistaken, you know. Plenty of Romo fans held him accountable.... but they also realized that the defense did the team no favors by playing matador and allowing opposing teams to score at will. So Romo felt he had to take gambles. We're seeing that with Dak more and more because the rest of the team isn't stepping up. How about Dak's mistakes the last game? He's the QB, he could have overruled the plays called on the drive that Zeke helped kill. See, you'd have killed Romo for that. But you give Dak every excuse for it. It's the same thing though.

Make no mistake, if this defense and O-line continue to play the way that they have, we'll see Dak gamble more as a result...because he'll have to to try to win. Again, it's not Dak's fault...just as it wasn't Romo's.