Dak on the next step for the Cowboy's offense

quickccc

Reaction score
Cooks is on the downside of his career and Turpin has speed but is a below average player
We haven't even tried to scheme and utilize him in what he does best .... how do we know that he is showing the downside of his
career ?

StuckMojo

Reaction score
We haven't even tried to scheme and utilize him in what he does best .... how do we know that he is showing the downside of his
career ?
I say downside because he his going into his 11th year. But I agree he hasn’t been utilized as much as he could have been. But I stick with my statement that this offense does not have a lot of speed, especially when you look at running backs.

Brax

Reaction score
Other than the 2 INTs (which Kurt Warner and Cole Beasley broke down and explain whose fault they truly were on) in the 1st Half, Dak played good. He led the offense down for a TD early in the 1st quarter.
And there lies your problem Dak played good, I didn’t think a person in the world would believe that much less say it. And those int’s they were on Dak he’s the guy who threw into tight coverage on one instead of a wide open CD, and didn’t see that DB again with CD open. I have no doubt that Dak apologists live in a different fantasy world after reading your post, Dak played good, yes he did in garbage time against the second string guys, classic Dak.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
And there lies your problem Dak played good, I didn’t think a person in the world would believe that much less say it. And those int’s they were on Dak he’s the guy who threw into tight coverage on one instead of a wide open CD, and didn’t see that DB again with CD open. I have no doubt that Dak apologists live in a different fantasy world after reading your post, Dak played good, yes he did in garbage time against the second string guys, classic Dak.
The hot read was to Cooks underneath since Dak had pressure collapsing around him inside his own 20. He had to get the ball out quickly. Plus, CD took a different angle on the 1st INT play.

Brax

Reaction score
The hot read was to Cooks underneath since Dak had pressure collapsing around him inside his own 20. He had to get the ball out quickly. Plus, CD took a different angle on the 1st INT play.
There was no hot read just a poor read, the second one CD ran the route to clear himself (it’s called a route option) and yes he was open but unfortunately Dak misread the DBs and bingo pick 6 was the result. And there you have it a lesson in football 101

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
There was no hot read just a poor read, the second one CD ran the route to clear himself (it’s called a route option) and yes he was open but unfortunately Dak misread the DBs and bingo pick 6 was the result. And there you have it a lesson in football 101
Absolutely wrong. Cole Beasley explained there was a hot read during the 1st INT, plus he said Cooks ran his short/flats route wrong, allowing the DB to cut off the option to CeeDee early plus make a play on the ball even though there was pass interference which was not called.

As for the 2nd INT, had Cooks been instructed to cut his initial break after the first 2-3 yards (instead of the same 5 yards as CeeDee), it would have forced the Safety to cover and follow Cooks instead of stepping in between both to intercept Dak's throw to CeeDee running next to Cooks. Cooks job was to force the Safety to follow him, thus opening the inside slant for CeeDee. The problem lied with the poor route design of the play. Kurt Warner explained it thoroughly as he did the very same mistake play the previous 2 playoffs losses against the 49ers. The Cowboys have refused to clean that play up. Opponents have caught on to them and it has cost the Cowboys direly because of the stubbornness of the coaching staff.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Absolutely wrong. Cole Beasley explained there was a hot read during the 1st INT, plus he said Cooks ran his short/flats route wrong, allowing the DB to cut off the option to CeeDee early plus make a play on the ball even though there was pass interference which was not called.

As for the 2nd INT, had Cooks been instructed to cut his initial break after the first 2-3 yards (instead of the same 5 yards as CeeDee), it would have forced the Safety to cover and follow Cooks instead of stepping in between both to intercept Dak's throw to CeeDee running next to Cooks. Cooks job was to force the Safety to follow him, thus opening the inside slant for CeeDee. The problem lied with the poor route design of the play. Kurt Warner explained it thoroughly as he did the very same mistake play the previous 2 playoffs losses against the 49ers. The Cowboys have refused to clean that play up. Opponents have caught on to them and it has cost the Cowboys direly because of the stubbornness of the coaching staff.
Man, you and your Cole Beasley, Kurt Warner stuff is really getting old around here. Are they your heros or something? smh

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Man, you and your Cole Beasley, Kurt Warner stuff is really getting old around here. Are they your heros or something? smh
Stick to what you have played and understand......baseball. It would make life much easier for you.