Dak or Dalton?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
who would you prefer as the 2021 starting QB?

Mrs.Dalton baby!
Screen-Shot-2020-12-13-at-4.12.11-PM-300x163.png

P.S.And her Husband for starting QB including an upgraded defense which this move will allow!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What's the cost difference? Dalton at 10 is better tan Dak at 40, but i'd take Dak at 30 vs Dalton at 20. For me it's a question on if we can still add FA pieces to a very untalented defense when whomever gets paid at QB.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Is Dak's price 30-35M/yr or is it >$40M? While Dak has earned a good pay raise, this team needs too much work to turn around and invest a quarter of their cap in one player. It really depends on the contract structure.

Dalton is absolutely no Dak, but the Ravens won a Superbowl with Dilfer and the Giants won two with Eli.
so how would that salary stop the team from improving? its just a bunch of BS people are hanging on to...for example who would you have signed that we couldn't this past off season. I am sure you will say Jones, but was that a management/coaching decision. 90% of people on this board wanted Jones gone because he couldnt' get Int's...did you want Clowney? really? who was available in FA that we couldnt' sign if we wanted to? and when was the last time a team built through FA? lets not forget we have 7 of the highest paid position players on this team, most of whom are under performing or injured.....

Ravens won a superbowl with Dilfer, because they had an all time best defense, one of the best ever. built through the DRAFT and not FA.....so tell me about our defensive drafts and how great they have been.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
dak isnt worth 40 mill

dalton we can sign for much cheaper. dalton isnt great but can he manage a game? yes.
Dalton can manage a game? like against 2-9 teams? if we played against 2-9 teams all year, I would say yes.....Dalton is not in Cinci, because Cinci didn't see a future to build around him. Dalton's track record of failure speaks for itself.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Do you want a shot at improving the defense? Because signing Dak means just about the only improvement you'll see is through the draft and we all know how that's gone lately.
who was available in FA that we could have signed to make this defense better? Jones? the CB that over 90% of people on this board wanted to get rid of and said no way in heck pay him that much money....who else? and show me a team that build through FA?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It's about the money, not the player. That's not the only choice considering this team should have a shot at one of the blue chipper (cheap) QB's and take that risk.

One major error some are making in their thinking is that this brain trust can do better than Prescott at QB, since he was all luck, and that they'd use the savings to build a better defense. If the latter is the case, why haven't they done that? Why didn't they do that with Romo?

The assumptions is that it is only money, cap, that is keeping these people from building a true contender. Does anyone here really think that?

If you think they couldn't do worse than Prescott, you have selective amnesia. This franchise is one of the worst and most luck dependent ones with that position in the league.

The thinking, get a cheaper QB and have a better team, is flawed. Mistakes with other players/positions have already been made and only time will address that.
which blue chip QBs? can you gaurantee that they will work out? how do you know? make your case....all you have to do is see Denver and their carrousel of starting QBs over the past few years and the draft capital they have spent.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What's the cost difference? Dalton at 10 is better tan Dak at 40, but i'd take Dak at 30 vs Dalton at 20. For me it's a question on if we can still add FA pieces to a very untalented defense when whomever gets paid at QB.
why is money an issue? how is Dalton at 10 better? they are still same players regardless of contract. the value of a contract doesn't make a player better or worse. they are what they are..

and which FAs are available that would be worth the top dollars to get them? and how many of those can you get that would take this bottom ranked defense to respectable? or are you planning to load up on a bunch of mid level FAs, which we tried and then let them go because they sucked. which defensive FA is about to hit the market you want to spend 20-25M that would put this defense over the top?

blueblood70

Reaction score
who would you prefer as the 2021 starting QB?
Dak at or under 35mil for sure

Dalton and qb draft pick we get from tradig Dak so a guy falling late forst like Trask, wilson, etc to develop..

rather see dak stay but not unless its team friendly deal under 35 if he threatens holdout, plays hard ball, and wants 38-42mil and a short deal..i say goodbye..

dak clearly better then Dalton but he could price himself out of here

TexasBacon

Reaction score
Is Dak's price 30-35M/yr or is it >$40M? While Dak has earned a good pay raise, this team needs too much work to turn around and invest a quarter of their cap in one player. It really depends on the contract structure.

Dalton is absolutely no Dak, but the Ravens won a Superbowl with Dilfer and the Giants won two with Eli.

Do you have any idea how long it would take this team to build a team like those Ravens and Giants teams? This team is built to have an explosive offense. There is no point in having 3 all pro O-linemen, 3 potential Pro-Bowl wider receivers, the RB's, and a playcaller like Moore just to put a game manager in there. This team is built to win with a high scoring offense and a middle of the road (just don't be horrible) defense. It would take so much time and money to overhaul the defense. It would take years to contend again. If they sign Dak and make the right transactions and draft picks this year and get healthy then they will immediately contend next year.

Furthermore, you just don't pass up on Dak's intangibles. His leadership, etc. You can tell how revered he is by his teammates. Look at how Philly was falling apart because Wentz can't lead. Look at how much of a gamble a first round QB has been (or any QB for that matter). No way in Hell do you let a sure thing who is a proven leader walk. They would regret it forever. Lock Dak up and then build around him what you can.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
What a silly question. Of course Dak will be the starting QB. I mean come on now, we know Jerry is the smartest GM in the NFL, just look at his track record. The Cowboys are stuck with both Dak and Jerry...match made in heaven, both have achieved the ultimate in the game of football.

Merry Christmas!!

ondaedg

Reaction score
why are Dak fans so eager to call other people "haters"

that said though, of course Dak over Dalton

Because who in their right minds would take Dalton over Dak? Something else is at play here: mysterious, elusive which can only be the work of the dark side of the force.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I don’t know guys. Dalton has a cute hand signal with his wife. That should definitely sway the argument in Andy’s favor. For me its 14 and <3 everyday of the week and 3 times on game day.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
which blue chip QBs? can you gaurantee that they will work out? how do you know? make your case....all you have to do is see Denver and their carrousel of starting QBs over the past few years and the draft capital they have spent.
There are 6 slated to go in the 1st round and 4 are considered blue chip. Does that mean they'll work out? Absolutely not but every team will take a chance on a QB in some draft and most in the 1st round.

It's a risky pick with a team betting that he'll be better than what they have and players like Josh Rosen, Brady Quinn, Mitch Trubisky and Sam Darnold make those risks even higher. And Darnold might be like Tannehill and just needing a fresh start.

There is not one guaranteed NFL caliber in this draft but 6 teams will take a shot in the 1st to see if they can strike gold.

There is also the trend that the young guns like Mahomes, Jackson, Mayfield, Herbert, Burrow, Murray and Allen are taking over the league. Get you one of these before they're all gone.