Dak or Zeke better win MVP

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Im already hearing guys like Peter King wanting to give it to Matt Ryan & Tom Brady.

He said on the Herd that there is no real clear cut winner.

IMO, Ezekiel Elliot has had the biggest impact of any player this year and it isn't even close. He's played like a high level veteran and has changed how teams have to defend us.

ROTY goes to Dak.. Zeke MVP.

This Tom Brady and Matt Ryan talk is just the media doing everything possible to not give it to a rookie. 13-2 we clinched the NFC with 2 games left, and we lost to 1 team the entire year.

Give me a break about it isn't clear cut. The MVP is in Dallas. Now pick one.

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
Brady shouldn't get it because he missed 4 games, I think Zeke and Dak will split the vote, Ryan will probably win it.

zack

Reaction score
What was the Patriots record when Brady missed 4 games? I rest my case....

If Cam Newton won it, one of our guys should. One can argue that the Panthers defense was the MVP last year.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Give me a break about it isn't clear cut. The MVP is in Dallas. Now pick one.

You're homering out, dude. It isn't clear cut. We can't even agree on this forum on Dak vs. Zeke for MVP. How on earth could it be obvious to the rest of the world?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You're homering out, dude. It isn't clear cut. We can't even agree on this forum on Dak vs. Zeke for MVP. How on earth could it be obvious to the rest of the world?

It's clear cut that it's a Cowboys.

Brady has played in 25% less games than all the other candidates and the team was 3-1 without him.

Matt Ryan has lost 5 games this year.

Dak vs Zeke.. IT's clear Zeke has opened up the entire offense. We do most of our stuff off of play fakes.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Eh. Matt Ryan is having an incredible year, I don't see how he doesn't get it

Because Zeke has been better. Better record, best team in the conference.

16 TD's, leads NFL in rushing, most Yards after contact in the NFL.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Zeke is truly the MVP how can he not be the ROTY too? Because you want to feed your fan feelings?

Nonsense. Zeke's the ROTY. Debatable whether he's the MVP. I would vote for him but I'm biased.

Prescott gets like 3rd or 4th team all rookie honorable mention.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
The RB's that have received the award were in the 1800-1900+ range for yardage. I think he's deserving but a long shot. I don't think they'll give it to a rookie QB. With that being said, I'm rooting for our guys. I actually wouldn't mind a snub to provide a little chip and not have to play with the weight of MVP on our shoulders.

Aven8

Reaction score

Brady has played in 25% less games than all the other candidates and the team was 3-1 without him.

Dak vs Zeke.. IT's clear Zeke has opened up the entire offense. We do most of our stuff off of play fakes.

Yep on Ryan...losing 5 games should disqualify him IMO.

However I don't see it happening. Like they said last night Emmitt is the only Cowboy to win it, which is ridiculous. It's an East coast deal.

perrykemp

Reaction score
I suspect the final MVP ordering when the votes come in will be:
  1. Ryan - Top rated passer (by QB rating), winning team, historical good scoring offense, pushing 5000 yards, etc
  2. Brady - Just another year of near perfection from him -- 25 TDs, 2 Interceptions, without Gronk, with motley crew of WRs that would be WR3, WR4, and WR5 on other teams
  3. Rodgers - 40 TDs already (36 passing, 4 rushing) and might end the year with 44-45. Has basically played perfect since mid November or so
  4. Zeke - League leading rusher on the #1 team in the NFL
  5. Dak - The best rookie quarterbacking the league has ever seen. 105 QB rating is off the charts for a rookie, not to mention a 4th round draft pick

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score

Brady has played in 25% less games than all the other candidates and the team was fine without 3-1 without him.

I think you can make a case, but it has its holes. Among other things, there's no reason to suppose that ATL's 5 losses should disqualify Ryan. They're still likely to be the #2 seed. And the MVP hasn't always (or even predominantly) come from the team with the best record.

Then again, there are holes in the case that can be made for any of the candidates. But that's just another way of saying it isn't clear cut.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yep on Ryan...losing 5 games should disqualify him IMO.

However I don't see it happening. Like they said last night Emmitt is the only Cowboy to win it, which is ridiculous. It's an East coast deal.

If Zeke was having this year in NYG, New England, or San Fran I think it would be a done deal.

Peter King also said that he thinks the prissy boy Odell Beckham is the best WR in football so you see where his opinions side.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think you can make a case, but it has its holes. Among other things, there's no reason to suppose that ATL's 5 losses should disqualify Ryan. They're still likely to be the #2 seed. And the MVP hasn't always (or even predominantly) come from the team with the best record.

Then again, there are holes in the case that can be made for any of the candidates. But that's just another way of saying it isn't clear cut.

Matt Ryan has numbers and that's about it..

Zeke has numbers, he's improved the passing game, and he has changed the culture and mentality of a organization AND Fan base.

Heck, hes made Jason Garrett look like a good coach.