Dak or Zeke better win MVP

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
If Zeke is truly the MVP how can he not be the ROTY too? Because you want to feed your fan feelings?

Nonsense. Zeke's the ROTY. Debatable whether he's the MVP. I would vote for him but I'm biased.

Prescott gets like 3rd or 4th team all rookie honorable mention.

You were so close to collecting another "like". Had to blow it with another unjustifiable shot at Dak, didn't you?

Aven8

Reaction score
If Zeke was having this year in NYG, New England, or San Fran I think it would be a done deal.

Peter King also said that he thinks the prissy boy Odell Beckham is the best WR in football so you see where his opinions side.

King is a Belichek and Parcells jock sniffer. That's why he like us when Parcells was here. He likes his little brethren of his area of the country where he lives, NE and NY areas. Odell could for 2K yards and shouldn't win it with his attitude IMO. The MVP should act like an MVP!

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Sunday is an interesting game for Atlanta and Ryan's MVP chances because it's tough to imagine a 6-loss QB winning the award. If Atlanta wins and they're the 2 seed, I'd say he's the odds-on favorite for the award.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
I think Dak deserves to be MVP for leading a 4-12 team to 13-2 and HFA. He's been nothing short of a revelation for the team.

7 of the last 8 QB's to win MVP ranked first or second in Expected Points Added, arguably the most important This year the top 3 in that category are all very close:

1. Matt Ryan - 63.3
2. Dak Prescott - 63.0
3. Aaron Rogers - 62.0
4. Tom Brady - 50.6

To put this in context in 2014 Romo had an EPA of 53.3 but lost the MVP race to Rogers who had an EPA of 66.8.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
I think Dak deserves to be MVP for leading a 4-12 team to 13-2 and HFA. He's been nothing short of a revelation for the team.

7 of the last 8 QB's to win MVP ranked first or second in Expected Points Added. This year the top 3 in that category are all very close:

1. Matt Ryan - 63.3
2. Dak Prescott - 63.0
3. Aaron Rogers - 62.0
4. Tom Brady - 50.6

To put this in context in 2014 Romo had an EPA of 53.3 but lost the MVP race to Rogers who had an EPA of 66.8.

Pretty compelling stuff, man. Thanks for the education.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Chances are Dak and Zeke will cancel each other out. Too much debate on which player has been more valuable to the Cowboys so the award will likely go to a player who's clearly been the most valuable player on their team. With Carr injured the MVP may go to Brady the league loves giving him the award. His reputation gives him the edge right now.

aikemirv

Reaction score
If Zeke is truly the MVP how can he not be the ROTY too? Because you want to feed your fan feelings?

Nonsense. Zeke's the ROTY. Debatable whether he's the MVP. I would vote for him but I'm biased.

Prescott gets like 3rd or 4th team all rookie honorable mention.

Zeke gets MVP and Dak gets Rookie of the Year because it is harder for a QB to do what he has done as a rookie than it is for a RB. I am not saying it will happen but that is the justification for that outcome.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Eh. Matt Ryan is having an incredible year, I don't see how he doesn't get it

Ya if not Zeke, I say Ryan. He's having a better year than Romo's 2014 season (who should have won it). Unless they factor in the Falcons 5 losses.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If the award went to the player that MVP actually stands for, then it is Zeke or Ryan. However, we know it goes to the best QB who makes the playoffs usually. Brady, Rodgers or Ryan wins it.....

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Zeke gets MVP and Dak gets Rookie of the Year because it is harder for a QB to do what he has done as a rookie than it is for a RB. I am not saying it will happen but that is the justification for that outcome.

Why doesn't that justification extend to awarding Dak the MVP, given that most think both he and Zeke are in the running?

It's an incoherent outcome, no matter how you slice it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I would still give it to Derek Carr over Matt Ryan but that doesn't fit the agenda.

I would go

1. Zeke

2. Carr

3. Ryan

4. Dak

5. Rodgers

6. Leveon

7. Brady

aikemirv

Reaction score
Why doesn't that justification extend to awarding Dak the MVP, given that most think both he and Zeke are in the running?

It's an incoherent outcome, no matter how you slice it.

Just for arguments sake and not a heated discussion. If the Zeke effect makes Dak's job easier then Zeke should get the MVP and while it would dimisnish a bit what Dak has done, nothing can diminish it by much what he has done as a rookie.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Just for arguments sake and not a heated discussion. If the Zeke effect makes Dak's job easier then Zeke should get the MVP and while it would dimisnish a bit what Dak has done, nothing can diminish it by much what he has done as a rookie.

Zeke's job is easier more so of the OL I'd say.

TheHerd

Reaction score
With the northeast bias is hard to imagine Brady not winning with the stats he's putting up, 4 games or not.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If an MVP is described as the most valuable player--as it should be--then even though I'm biased towards them, I don't see how either Dak or Zeke would win.
If one or the other went down, the impact is not as devastating as if many other players in the league went down.
I will say this--of the non QBs, Zeke and Johnson of Az would be my top picks. And zeke's team is doing better, he'd maybe the nod over Johnson. Both are very valuable non-QBs.
I know, duck.
Shoot me, whatever. lol
At least I had the guts to be honest about it.:grin:
jmho

Mookie

Reaction score
How is it that the quarterback for the best team of the entire league who has lost to only one team in the entire season, and has a stratospheric QBR, Rating, efficiency, etc isn't the leading candidate? Oh and by the way, the man is a rookie and has the same team two guys had a year ago and couldn't win a game then. He is the MVP according to me, if they don't want to award him that, he'll award himself a ring.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Im already hearing guys like Peter King wanting to give it to Matt Ryan & Tom Brady.

He said on the Herd that there is no real clear cut winner.

IMO, Ezekiel Elliot has had the biggest impact of any player this year and it isn't even close. He's played like a high level veteran and has changed how teams have to defend us.

ROTY goes to Dak.. Zeke MVP.

This Tom Brady and Matt Ryan talk is just the media doing everything possible to not give it to a rookie. 13-2 we clinched the NFC with 2 games left, and we lost to 1 team the entire year.

Give me a break about it isn't clear cut. The MVP is in Dallas. Now pick one.

ROTY goes to Dak.. Zeke MVP. I sort of think this will be the answer, but I'd love to see co-MVP awards. Dallas wouldn't be where they are without both players, and Dallas is probably the number one team as as far as accomplishment over last year, and probably previous years too.

aikemirv

Reaction score
If an MVP is described as the most valuable player--as it should be--then even though I'm biased towards them, I don't see how either Dak or Zeke would win.
If one or the other went down, the impact is not as devastating as if many other players in the league went down.
I will say this--of the non QBs, Zeke and Johnson of Az would be my top picks. And zeke's team is doing better, he'd maybe the nod over Johnson. Both are very valuable non-QBs.
I know, duck.
Shoot me, whatever. lol
At least I had the guts to be honest about it.:grin:
jmho

And I don't think Pittsburgh without Leveon is near the team they are with him

aikemirv

Reaction score
Zeke's job is easier more so of the OL I'd say.

I agree but the Oline makes Dak's job that much easier as well.

I think we all know that the Dallas Oline is the key to this team overall as a dominant Oline is the key to ay sucessful team so:

Which player in the NFL is performing above and beyond without a dominant line