Dak: Our team culture is great

Jipper

Reaction score
The average playoff ticket cost $550 bucks. Can you imagine paying that kind of money to watch those bums get absolutely rag dolled then turn around and pretend like it never happened. Bunch of losers.
i cant believe i paid 29.99 for spectrum tv to watch them

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
February 10, 2024

“For me, we’ve got to establish our culture. We’ve got to identify our captains early in the season,” he said. “We need to paint a better picture of who we want to be, fix our mistakes. People need to have way more accountability. I just think we let things slide too often because we know we’re good.” - Micah Parsons (link)​
March 4, 2024

“Yeah, the culture is high honestly, and the culture is great from my standpoint. . . . My point is that’s something I’ve bragged on and took pride in. So if there’s questions of that or concerns on that, I feel attacked. I’m sure some guys in the locker room do, but at the end of the day, it’s a business, and the way that this business plays out, people don’t get exactly what they want. There’s always sourness I guess you could say somewhere. I don’t want to make anything bigger than that.” - Dak Prescott, (link)​

Redline360

Reaction score
Of course he would say there is no culture problem. He wants a pay day and will just say whatever Jerry wants to hear.

His own teammates have said there is a culture problem let alone the many ex players and coaches who have spoke about it.

Staubacher

Reaction score
February 10, 2024

“For me, we’ve got to establish our culture. We’ve got to identify our captains early in the season,” he said. “We need to paint a better picture of who we want to be, fix our mistakes. People need to have way more accountability. I just think we let things slide too often because we know we’re good.” - Micah Parsons (link)​
March 4, 2024

“Yeah, the culture is high honestly, and the culture is great from my standpoint. . . . My point is that’s something I’ve bragged on and took pride in. So if there’s questions of that or concerns on that, I feel attacked. I’m sure some guys in the locker room do, but at the end of the day, it’s a business, and the way that this business plays out, people don’t get exactly what they want. There’s always sourness I guess you could say somewhere. I don’t want to make anything bigger than that.” - Dak Prescott, (link)​

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Culture means everything. It's generally thought that it is very difficult to "buy" a team through free agency. Why is that? I mean you're signing the best players. You restocked the locker room with the best players money can buy. Yet it has been shown to be an ineffective way to put together a championship team. Remember when the Eagles used to do that? We called them the "off-season champions", and laughed and laughed as they flamed out.

Why is that? Because culture matters when things get real, and a team of mercenaries hasn't established the team dynamic that has everyone on the same page playing for the same reasons.

Culture is just as important as talent when it comes to winning at a high level.
So Eagles culture sucked this year but they made it to the SB the previous year. So culture is why they didn’t repeat the same success?

leeblair

Reaction score
The team culture is great- for the pets of Jerry.
Plenty of money, no accountability, and lots of microphones for the players to talk into.
Yep, the team culture is great- for losers.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Maybe he's telling the truth but something is missing in that locker room. I can't quite put my fingers on it but I don't sense a strong leadership presence on this team. By that, I mean one or two players the entire team looks up to and respect.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...-i-feel-attacked-if-theres-questions-about-it

Dak Prescott: Our team culture is great, I feel attacked if there’s questions about it​

Published March 5, 2024 06:37 AM
Of course its great. Great in what you define as culture.
You have a lot of people here that have the same goals as you have: establish a brand and earn a lot of money with it. Pay no taxes.

DFlaw says hi.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
So Eagles culture sucked this year but they made it to the SB the previous year. So culture is why they didn’t repeat the same success?
You keep trying to dumb it down to one single factor. It doesn't work that way. I can't believe you're actually arguing this. Google it yourself. You'll quickly find tons of stuff written about the importance of culture in a successful team. Stuff written by psychologists, coaches and those who make good money advising corporations on improving.

What do you think Dak would say if he was asked about the importance of team culture?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You keep trying to dumb it down to one single factor. It doesn't work that way. I can't believe you're actually arguing this. Google it yourself. You'll quickly find tons of stuff written about the importance of culture in a successful team. Stuff written by psychologists, coaches and those who make good money advising corporations on improving.

What do you think Dak would say if he was asked about the importance of team culture?
I don’t care what he would say because I have eyes and that team didn’t lose to the Packers last year because of culture. Sorry. Like I said it sounds good and a easier pill to swallow then the reality.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Maybe he's telling the truth but something is missing in that locker room. I can't quite put my fingers on it but I don't sense a strong leadership presence on this team. By that, I mean one or two players the entire team looks up to and respect.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...-i-feel-attacked-if-theres-questions-about-it

Dak Prescott: Our team culture is great, I feel attacked if there’s questions about it​

Published March 5, 2024 06:37 AM
This Culture is toxic regarding Mental toughness.
Soft as Charmin.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Anyone with sanity should refuse to argue about quotes by 2 Dallas Cowboys figures.

1. Dak is going to give you the most meaningless Walter Payton Man of the Year, love my team quote ever.
2. Jerry is going to give you the most reality TV villain keep them tuning in quote ever.

Neither have any connection to reality.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very funny how our own fans rag on a perceived culture problem. And think all the other teams are perfect.
Especially when they don’t know what any of the issues are. Other than the obvious things of player acquisition And to retain them or not. That is not a culture problem.

Here is a news flash…..all teams and all places of business will have disgruntled employees. Therefore a culture problem in those minds.
Most people hate big business and therefore with whine about them.
Yes many do have problems. But I for one will not going to waste my time on any of it.

Just truly go all in and get to the SB. Then win it. It is why I stay a fan and return every season and enjoy the ride through the season.