Dak: Our team culture is great

Kwyn

Reaction score
The worst part was when they shrugged off the loss with the 'we were tired' excuse.
One guy made one comment and that’s the defining mentality of the entire team?

Things aren’t that simple.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Funny I’m obtuse but you are failing to understand my point. To think players only play well because of culture and play bad because of culture. Because let me tell you of this the team had Larry Allen, Troy, Mike and Emmitt you’re telling me they would suck because of culture? Alright lol.

Like I said, people just want to latch on to this because it helps them sleep better at night. One year it’s the defense, next Dak is the problem, Romo is the problem….28 years of doing this and you guys still just don’t get it. So if the Cowboys made it to the SB next year it means the culture was fixed? :laugh:
Not one single person has said this, What the hell are you talking about, King Strawman?

MikeT22

Reaction score
No and, just a question, you brought up Jimmy, the hired help...and?
Well, Jimmy was ok with the cocaine and hookers and all the other insanity as long as you weren’t Curvin Richards .

The team culture was one that was winning, but only that success makes everyone praise the culture of the day which was pretty dark and far worse than what we see today when it comes to everything but playoff success. The 70s culture wasn’t any better.

We at the zone freak out over dudes getting tattoos or condemning them for not marrying their partner who they have a child with. Podcasts are a sign of the cultural apocalypse.

I loved winning as much as the next guy and, at the time, I was absolutely willing to ignore what I knew was happening because super bowls are fun, but I’m under no illusions that all of those guys on both of our Super Bowl era teams were people who should be respected as men.
I didn’t mention respect. It was about a winning culture, now it’s about comfort.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I didn’t mention respect. It was about a winning culture, now it’s about comfort.
Always had been...even under Jimmy...he never cut a stud to send a message, even with the rampant drug use and parting. No social media back then helped them hide. Can't hide anymore

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not one single person has said this, What the hell are you talking about, King Strawman?
That’s exactly what was said. We lost in GB because of culture is that not what’s being said? Go back to where you were grown men were talking.

Reactions: G2

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
That’s exactly what was said. We lost in GB because of culture is that not what’s being said? Go back to where you were grown men were talking.
You must have never been part of any kind of team. Sports or otherwise. If you had any experience at all you would more likely actually understand what's being said, and maybe even understand the concept of culture/dynamic in a team environment. Dumbing it down to one single, cherry picked example that doesn't even really speak to the big picture topic makes you look... well, you know what I'm getting at.

Clearly this conversation is above you.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You must have never been part of any kind of team. Sports or otherwise. If you had any experience at all you would more likely actually understand what's being said, and maybe even understand the concept of culture/dynamic in a team environment. Dumbing it down to one single, cherry picked example that doesn't even really speak to the big picture topic makes you look... well, you know what I'm getting at.

I’ve never played in the NFL…….

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Maybe he's telling the truth but something is missing in that locker room. I can't quite put my fingers on it but I don't sense a strong leadership presence on this team. By that, I mean one or two players the entire team looks up to and respect.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...-i-feel-attacked-if-theres-questions-about-it

Dak Prescott: Our team culture is great, I feel attacked if there’s questions about it​

Published March 5, 2024 06:37 AM
I call BS. players planned pre-playoff parties and victory parties. seriously. as the QB and leader of the team you should tell them not to do that. Where were you? Where was Parsons? where was Lawrence? where was Lamb?

these guys are supposed leaders of this team. yes, they are grown men and can do what they want. but leaders lead. where was the team focus for the playoffs.

no. we have a culture issue

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
anigif_sub-buzz-14167-1504298831-1.gif

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What’s interesting about Dak and the culture comments is because he has only played in Dallas, he no idea what a healthy team culture really looks like. He has nothing to compare it with.

Whatever any of us think about Dak or the team’s FO and coaches, anyone being objective can clearly see this is a dysfunctional organization. Because Dak and all the players who have only played for the Cowboys have nothing to compare their team culture to any other.

So Dak saying there’s nothing wrong with the culture is really not a reliable opinion.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You think the concept of team culture only exists in the NFL? Or in sports only?

lol
I don’t think culture matters. I don’t think culture stops you from getting your *** whipped by Desoto lol. Culture can’t save you from a beat down lol.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Great? Thats what you’re going with. Everyone on this team speaks fluent Jerry now. Just selling hot garbage and pretending everything’s just fine.
Some people have nothing else to do. Sad.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
What’s interesting about Dak and the culture comments is because he has only played in Dallas, he no idea what a healthy team culture really looks like. He has nothing to compare it with.

Whatever any of us think about Dak or the team’s FO and coaches, anyone being objective can clearly see this is a dysfunctional organization. Because Dak and all the players who have only played for the Cowboys have nothing to compare their team culture to any other.

So Dak saying there’s nothing wrong with the culture is really not a reliable opinion.
Come on, all this culture nonsense is just bored and lazy "journalism" because there's nothing left to whine about. I feel like the players are the only ones that can make an accurate assessment vs. fans completely detached.
"Culture" is a misused topic.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Yeah, that's it.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
The average playoff ticket cost $550 bucks. Can you imagine paying that kind of money to watch those bums get absolutely rag dolled then turn around and pretend like it never happened. Bunch of losers.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I don’t think culture matters. I don’t think culture stops you from getting your *** whipped by Desoto lol. Culture can’t save you from a beat down lol.
Culture means everything. It's generally thought that it is very difficult to "buy" a team through free agency. Why is that? I mean you're signing the best players. You restocked the locker room with the best players money can buy. Yet it has been shown to be an ineffective way to put together a championship team. Remember when the Eagles used to do that? We called them the "off-season champions", and laughed and laughed as they flamed out.

Why is that? Because culture matters when things get real, and a team of mercenaries hasn't established the team dynamic that has everyone on the same page playing for the same reasons.

Culture is just as important as talent when it comes to winning at a high level.