Dak: Our team culture is great

Kwyn

Reaction score
Only since Jimmy left
Well, Jimmy was ok with the cocaine and hookers and all the other insanity as long as you weren’t Curvin Richards .

The team culture was one that was winning, but only that success makes everyone praise the culture of the day which was pretty dark and far worse than what we see today when it comes to everything but playoff success. The 70s culture wasn’t any better.

We at the zone freak out over dudes getting tattoos or condemning them for not marrying their partner who they have a child with. Podcasts are a sign of the cultural apocalypse.

I loved winning as much as the next guy and, at the time, I was absolutely willing to ignore what I knew was happening because super bowls are fun, but I’m under no illusions that all of those guys on both of our Super Bowl era teams were people who should be respected as men.

nobody

Reaction score
Why does lack of culture only show up in certain games? So when they win 12 games in season the culture is fine. It’s only bad in the losses?
Surely you're not that obtuse. You know very well when people talk about culture, they mean the playoffs and their lack of effort in them. Are you one of those ooh,12 wins, everything is perfect types? Because the GOAL is Winning the SB, not putting up stats in the regular season and winning 12 then choking in the playoffs.

Players that "step up" when it matters do so as part of a culture of wanting to win. They put it out there. They give it their all. That's part of the culture. The Cowboys now? They act sluggish, unready, and not all that willing to put in the effort to achieve post-season success. The Cowboys lost to a freaking Seventh seed. They did it in an epic bad fashion and you have the gall to say it's not culture when we've seen them do this time and again for years? Ridiculous.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Surely you're not that obtuse. You know very well when people talk about culture, they mean the playoffs and their lack of effort in them. Are you one of those ooh,12 wins, everything is perfect types? Because the GOAL is Winning the SB, not putting up stats in the regular season and winning 12 then choking in the playoffs.

Players that "step up" when it matters do so as part of a culture of wanting to win. They put it out there. They give it their all. That's part of the culture. The Cowboys now? They act sluggish, unready, and not all that willing to put in the effort to achieve post-season success. The Cowboys lost to a freaking Seventh seed. They did it in an epic bad fashion and you have the gall to say it's not culture when we've seen them do this time and again for years? Ridiculous.
Funny I’m obtuse but you are failing to understand my point. To think players only play well because of culture and play bad because of culture. Because let me tell you of this the team had Larry Allen, Troy, Mike and Emmitt you’re telling me they would suck because of culture? Alright lol.

Like I said, people just want to latch on to this because it helps them sleep better at night. One year it’s the defense, next Dak is the problem, Romo is the problem….28 years of doing this and you guys still just don’t get it. So if the Cowboys made it to the SB next year it means the culture was fixed? :laugh:

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

The worst part was when they shrugged off the loss with the 'we were tired' excuse.

acr731

Reaction score
Funny I’m obtuse but you are failing to understand my point. To think players only play well because of culture and play bad because of culture. Because let me tell you of this the team had Larry Allen, Troy, Mike and Emmitt you’re telling me they would suck because of culture? Alright lol.

Like I said, people just want to latch on to this because it helps them sleep better at night. One year it’s the defense, next Dak is the problem, Romo is the problem….28 years of doing this and you guys still just don’t get it. So if the Cowboys made it to the SB next year it means the culture was fixed? :laugh:
I would be asking who I should thank for getting the players to give a damn. Their performance against GB and the ensuing excuse told me everything I needed to know about this team. They just didn't care one way or another. If they don't care enough to do the job they are paid insane amounts of money to do, then why should I or we as fans give a damn about them?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I would be asking who I should thank for getting the players to give a damn. Their performance against GB and the ensuing excuse told me everything I needed to know about this team. They just didn't care one way or another. If they don't care enough to do the job they are paid insane amounts of money to do, then why should I or we as fans give a damn about them?
I ask you guys this all the time why do y’all give a damn about this team but never answer. @Captain-Crash straight up said he watched for entertainment lol.

I just think they aren’t good enough. It takes a certain talent to win when you are the Cowboys and they just haven’t had it and probably never will.

acr731

Reaction score
I ask you guys this all the time why do y’all give a damn about this team but never answer. @Captain-Crash straight up said he watched for entertainment lol.

I just think they aren’t good enough. It takes a certain talent to win when you are the Cowboys and they just haven’t had it and probably never will.
I have never watched for entertainment, I always enjoyed the competition. I used to believe each player was there with 1 goal in mind, but over the years have come to the realization that, like Jerry, their goals are personal. Each and every person in the organization, from Jerry on down, is only there for their own self gain. So what are we left with as fans?

I'm at a point where I might tune in to a game where I know the teams are actually trying to be competitive and actually trying to achieve something. But the Dallas Cowboys aren't that kind of team, they're the WWE of the NFL. They're only there for entertainment of the masses.

acr731

Reaction score
They didn’t say that one man said that lol.
Has anyone stepped up to say it was only one person's opinion? If no one has that's going to be reflection of the whole team. If I were part of that roster I would be front and center throwing his sorry butt under the bus, but it doesn't look like anyone has stepped up.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, Jimmy was ok with the cocaine and hookers and all the other insanity as long as you weren’t Curvin Richards .

The team culture was one that was winning, but only that success makes everyone praise the culture of the day which was pretty dark and far worse than what we see today when it comes to everything but playoff success. The 70s culture wasn’t any better.

We at the zone freak out over dudes getting tattoos or condemning them for not marrying their partner who they have a child with. Podcasts are a sign of the cultural apocalypse.

I loved winning as much as the next guy and, at the time, I was absolutely willing to ignore what I knew was happening because super bowls are fun, but I’m under no illusions that all of those guys on both of our Super Bowl era teams were people who should be respected as men.
A lot of things were different 30 years ago.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Has anyone stepped up to say it was only one person's opinion? If no one has that's going to be reflection of the whole team. If I were part of that roster I would be front and center throwing his sorry butt under the bus, but it doesn't look like anyone has stepped up.
They wouldn’t do that. And they shouldn’t. Handle it in house. They gotta stop pretending to be a reality show and function like a team.

acr731

Reaction score
I have never watched for entertainment, I always enjoyed the competition. I used to believe each player was there with 1 goal in mind, but over the years have come to the realization that, like Jerry, their goals are personal. Each and every person in the organization, from Jerry on down, is only there for their own self gain. So what are we left with as fans?

I'm at a point where I might tune in to a game where I know the teams are actually trying to be competitive and actually trying to achieve something. But the Dallas Cowboys aren't that kind of team, they're the WWE of the NFL. They're only there for entertainment of the masses.
I have asked myself many times why I bother wasting my time coming here to CZ talking about a team and ownership that will never be truly invested in becoming champions again, and I don't have an answer.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I think it’s just a thing to say now. Does anyone really know what a poor culture is lol? Do Chiefs have a great culture or great players that step up when needed?

Patriots culture was great when Brady was there now it sucks when he’s not. The culture never left the success did.
This entire Country has a poor culture, why should the Cowboys be any different.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I have asked myself many times why I bother wasting my time coming here to CZ talking about a team and ownership that will never be truly invested in becoming champions again, and I don't have an answer.
Yes indeed, I guess I am just trying to put off doing my daily chores... lol

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our schedule is difficult this year, the myth Dak only folds in the Playoffs will be exposed