Dak outperformed both Brady and Brees against the Rams

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
Lol, he purposely snipped the rest of post so you didn’t really have the whole context to have answered it correctly.

xwalker made the original claim that the “Cowboys have almost 150% more rushing TDs (than the Eagles) from 2016 to 2018,” which is simply bunk.

In that time period the Eagles ran for 37 TDs and the Cowboys ran for 55.

Anytime you say “% more” you’re looking for the percentage increase from a given number (in this case 37).

Anyone should be able to look at these two numbers and understand 55 is not “150% more” than 37. Simple math: 100% more of 37 is 74 (or 37 + 37). 150% more of 37 is 92.5 (or 37 + 37 + 18.5).

We know the Cowboys didn’t rush for 92 TDs in that span so obviously the claim is false.

The figure he should have been looking for is percentage difference which in this case (37 and 55) is ~48%. So you could accurately say the Cowboys scored 48% more (55) rushing TDs than the Eagles (37) between 2016-2018.

Anyways, this stuff is so trivial, but when someone makes a mistake and stridently denies it becomes sport. In this case pure comedy to watch these guys struggle with basic math.
You are correct. I did not know where this came from. And very true, people will push things that make no sense. :)

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Winning should be what matters. Now losing to the Rams was far from on him, the defence did not help.
I agree it’s about winning.

Since he entered the league in 2016 he has the second most wins in that time period to Tom Brady.

The wins list actually makes that comparison. There’s no way around it.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Do you honestly not think there have been many, many, many threads and or post slamming him down?

If there are more threads in support of him its probably because he's our QB and he's had some success.

Its funny how if you support him you are "dimwitted." You are just as guilty as those that prop him up. You are just as vocal.

Any rationale person would tell you the answer to this debate lies in the middle. Its not nearly as polar as the pro and anti crowd make it out to be.

That’s a diplomatic answer and I understand why you feel the need to be sensitive to that side of the argument. Actually though, I believe this is an example of a false equivalency. I don’t believe both sides are doing the same thing.

The pro Dak crowd is simply posting numbers in defense of Dak as a retort to the countless Dak is terrible—not Dak is average, Dak is below average etc. threads that have been around since his second year and a few absurd ones during his record setting rookie year.

It’s clear. Some don’t like the man and facts do not matter. Many had doubts after last season, but when he started playing well and winning again many felt the need to talk about it. Since, like you said, he’s the QB of our team.

Then stats and comparisons over his 3 year career(a good sample size imo) were used. I don’t feel they were used to say he was the best. They were simple comparisons to some of the best like Brady that seemingly showed that he wasn’t terrible and in fact, at least, a good starting QB we could win with. In fact we have won the second most games to the Pats since he becaame the starter.

These comparisons really “triggered” the emotional fans that are against him and they became angry. Now this is the backlash from the facts getting in the way of their feelings that they assume should be important to everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: CWR

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
That’s a diplomatic answer and I understand why you feel the need to be sensitive to that side of the argument. Actually though, I believe this is an example of a false equivalency and I don’t believe both sides are doing the same thing.

The pro Dak crowd is simply posting numbers in defense of Dak as a retort to the countless Dak is terrible—not Dak is average, Dak is below average etc. threads that have been around since his second year and a few absurd ones during his record setting rookie year.

It’s clear. Some don’t like the man and facts do not matter. Many had doubts after last season, but when he started playing well and winning again many felt the need to talk about it. Since, like you said, he’s the QB of our team.

Then stats and comparisons over his 3 year career(a good sample size imo) were used. I don’t feel they were used to say he was the best. They were simple comparisons to some of the best like Brady that seemingly showed that he wasn’t terrible and in fact, at least, a good starting QB we could win with. In fact we have won the second most games to the Pats since he becaame the starter.

These comparisons really “triggered” the emotional fans that are against him and they became angry. Now this is the backlash from the facts getting in the way of their feelings that they assume should be important to everyone.

Feel free to take up the challenge of post game the links to 2-3 of the recent and “countless” threads created for the sole purpose of bashing Dak and let’s check the dates.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Feel free to take up the challenge of post game the links to 2-3 of the recent and “countless” threads created for the sole purpose of bashing Dak and let’s check the dates.
Of post game? So threads after games? There aren’t games until September.

The current Dak thread is a comparison to how Dak performed vs how Brees and Brady performed against the same team. It’s simply a comparison and I don’t believe it’s made to upset anyone.

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
Of post game? So threads after games? There aren’t games until September.

The current Dak thread is a comparison to how Dak performed vs how Brees and Brady performed against the same team. It’s simply a comparison and I don’t believe it’s made to upset anyone.
But the person who made the thread does do so to stir things up. He on purpose says things in a excessive way. Making it harder on those of us who honestly like Dak, but realistically without hyperbole. The same person takes every opportunity to bash Romo again irrationally. It seems like you can't just like players for their qualities in an honest way. You have to be polarizing and hyperbolic.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His passer rating was nearly 20 points higher than Brady’s and 10+ points higher than higher than Drew Brees.

This is despite a far worse o-line, his entire run game stopped, inept offensive coach, and having not even 1/5th the experience drew Brees or Brady has playing in the NFL.

We should cut him. Outplaying both Brady and Brees against the same playoff team is something any other practice squad quarterback could do. It’s not like their statistically the 2 best quarterbacks of all time:huh:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
giphy.gif

The next Tom Brady.
lol good one, them footballs are some tricky critters !!
So not only footwork, but he needs to work on his hand work?
That is partly due to how he throws the ball which isnt good, by that I mean the throwing motion.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So to recap the thread a little:

@CowboysFaninHouston claims that Dakzoids using stats and facts shows how wrong they are. HE'S LITERALLY ARGUING THAT USING STATS WHEN DISCUSSING FOOTBALL PLAYERS IS LOOKED DOWN UPON. WHAT THE HELL HAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

@Captain-Crash has resorted to saying "you're the reason we hate Dak" to anyone who doesnt agree with him. I'll let yall pick him apart yourselves. Got to admit I've seen some dumb things on here, this one is up there.

And @Gangsta Spanksta can't even put two competent sentences together that have any relevance whatsoever.

You know what they say about the company you keep. I'd choose wisely.
please point to specifics as to generalities, given it seems you are spinning your wheels in thick mud. the challenge for you is that the collection of stats, don't stand up to your argument of Dak being better than all time best QBs or league MVPs. those claims are just plain STUPID

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
"But but but, I dont think have anything to disprove him as a good player but the other guys use actual logic so I'm not falling for that."
no one denies he is a good player. that hasn't been the argument by any Dak critic. But dak lovers, over the top claims on how he is so much better than all these other great QBs, with partial stats and not taking into account all the facts becomes comical. there are those who continuously bring up Dak winning rookie of the year award, yet post a stats that shows Dak has the best QBR and Mahomes is 6th on that list, yet Mahomes won the MVP, far superior award than a rookie of the year award......

if in your world of semi-logic Dak is a top echelon QB in this league, then that's your opinion and so be it. why argue when there is plenty of other logic including NFL analysts and former players who have said otherwise. the only way this argument will get settled is waiting and seeing how Dak progresses in his career and if he can improve and get over the hump. if he does, then I have no problem eating crow, but I am sure you will come ready with a list of excuses as Dak Fanatics seem to continuously try to do

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
“It was a bad pass by Dak”

LOLLLLLLLLL
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
running out of excuses? or are you saying that the Indy game was one of Dak's better performances, but everybody else failed him? seems like the finger on Dak's problems is always pointing to somebody else on the team. its never Dak..

and yet, you still couldn't explain (excuse) away that if they did kick a FG and scored that td, it would amount to total of 10 points....

I wouldn't gloat about that game if I were you....

CWR

Reaction score
no one denies he is a good player. that hasn't been the argument by any Dak critic. But dak lovers, over the top claims on how he is so much better than all these other great QBs, with partial stats and not taking into account all the facts becomes comical. there are those who continuously bring up Dak winning rookie of the year award, yet post a stats that shows Dak has the best QBR and Mahomes is 6th on that list, yet Mahomes won the MVP, far superior award than a rookie of the year award......

if in your world of semi-logic Dak is a top echelon QB in this league, then that's your opinion and so be it. why argue when there is plenty of other logic including NFL analysts and former players who have said otherwise. the only way this argument will get settled is waiting and seeing how Dak progresses in his career and if he can improve and get over the hump. if he does, then I have no problem eating crow, but I am sure you will come ready with a list of excuses as Dak Fanatics seem to continuously try to do

There are people on here who believe he is terrible, and they are very outspoken.

CWR

Reaction score
Wait, wait, wait.

If you really think the number of “Dak suck” threads is the same as the number of Dak “is great” threads you’re simply misinformed.

Feel free to post a link to the last thread created to bash Dak.

I never attempted to quantify how many threads revolve around slamming Dak. There are threads about the probowl, the superbowl, Cole Beasley, the defense ect ect ect where they have been hijacked to slam Dak. That is my point. It is FAR from one sided. Gawd forbid you go into a game thread. Dak gets punked on when the opposing QB scores lol

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not at all true. Many, if not most, say just that, and far worse.
see my other response to a simiar comment. there are plenty of dak fanatics who are put him and insist on putting him as an elite QB, which he is not. he is good. he is middle of the pack. he has potential. he still has a lot to improve and prove. no denying any of those facts

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
see my other response to a simiar comment. there are plenty of dak fanatics who are put him and insist on putting him as an elite QB, which he is not. he is good. he is middle of the pack. he has potential. he still has a lot to improve and prove. no denying any of those facts
What does that have to do with what I just said about your comment? You wrote that, "no one denies he is a good player. that hasn't been the argument by any Dak critic." I pointed out that your assertion, is not true. Many Dak critics claim far worse and almost none claim he is good, giving him little credit or no credit at all.

Reactions: CWR

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What does that have to do with what I just said about your comment? You wrote that, "no one denies he is a good player. that hasn't been the argument by any Dak critic." I pointed out that your assertion, is not true. Many Dak critics claim far worse and almost none claim he is good, giving him little credit or no credit at all.
your response was that "many if not most". I agree there are extremes of critics and fans alike, but most do not think he is far worse that he is. most just dont' buy into he is elite and its a fine line between arguing someone is not elite and someone is not good