Dak played an outstanding game

GINeric

Reaction score
I just said it. Because they didn’t have the OL and Pollard dominating at the point of attack.

Murray threw for 326 yards and 3 TDs, but he had two picks. He threw it 44 times.

They also haven’t played the Packers and Aaron Rodgers yet.

And Tua wasn’t even playing that game. Bridgewater and Skylar Thompson were and TB was 23 of 34 for 329 yards and 2 TD and 2 INt. Skylark Thompson was 7 of 13 for 89 yards.

Justin Fields was 15 of 21, for 208 yards and a TD.

The Vikings defense was a walking turnstile.

It was Pollard and the OL that dominated the Vikings front line that made it even worse as, because the TOP wire out that front, which also didn’t have they staring left DE and the only saving Grace for their pass defense is TO generated and those TOs were nonexistent because MOORe was basically Peking them, Vikings couldn’t generate any pressure and it wasn’t a shootout.

Okay fair enough.... but the 29th rankings and all that are pure excuses.... you know why???

Because our rushing defense is ranked down the bottom around 29th, 30th. But they clamped down and made sure they played above that ranking. They shut the Vikings offense down.

So the Vikings secondary had the same opportunity to climb above their rankings.

It's hilarious to me how Dak is the ONLY quarterback who can win a game in impressive fashion and then people start pulling out statistics as to some lame reasoning why he shined. But when OTHER quarterbacks shine, a weak defense, secondary, etc.... is never brought up.

Our paid professionals beat the hell out of the Vikings paid professionals. That's all I've seen today.

Oh but wait.... I thought stats don't matter??? When we use them to show Dak's production they all of a sudden don't matter.... but win Dak opens up a can of whoop ***.... people like to bring out stats as to why he was able to do it, when other quarterbacks labeled BETTER than him loses to the same supposedly "sorry secondary".

Nah bro, we not letting you push that hypocritical narrative here.....

khiladi

Reaction score
Okay fair enough.... but the 29th rankings and all that are pure excuses.... you know why???

Because our rushing defense is ranked down the bottom around 29th, 30th. But they clamped down and made sure they played above that ranking. They shut the Vikings offense down.

So the Vikings secondary had the same opportunity to climb above their rankings.

It's hilarious to me how Dak is the ONLY quarterback who can win a game in impressive fashion and then people start pulling out statistics as to some lame reasoning why he shined. But when OTHER quarterbacks shine, a weak defense, secondary, etc.... is never brought up.

Our paid professionals beat the hell out of the Vikings paid professionals. That's all I've seen today.

Oh but wait.... I thought stats don't matter??? When we use them to show Dak's production they all of a sudden don't matter.... but win Dak opens up a can of whoop ***.... people like to bring out stats as to why he was able to do it, when other quarterbacks labeled BETTER than him loses to the same supposedly "sorry secondary".

Nah bro, we not letting you push that hypocritical narrative here.....

Wait what? How does the Cowboys run defense playing well, although Cook had 6.5 yards per carry and they didn’t shut down any run in reality they just got out to a big lead and their pressure got to Cousins on third down, prove that the Vikings pass defense doesn’t suck?

GINeric

Reaction score
Let's settle this and for all. Dak is not an elite QB but can play at an elite level when you give him a dominant running game and defense. Everybody happy?

Dak is definitely not elite, but he's very good. Having an elite quarterback doesn't guarantee you a Superbowl win.

History has shown that all Superbowl winning quarterbacks weren't all elite.

GINeric

Reaction score
Wait what? How does the Cowboys run defense playing well, although Cook had 6.5 yards per carry and they didn’t shut down any run in reality they just got out to a big lead and their pressure got to Cousins on third down, prove that the Vikings pass defense doesn’t suck?

Like I said.... we shut their offense down. We MADE them stop running the ball because they weren't gashing us with it. If it was so effective, they would have stuck with it like they've been doing all season.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dak is definitely not elite, but he's very good. Having an elite quarterback doesn't guarantee you a Superbowl win.

History has shown that all Superbowl winning quarterbacks weren't all elite.

You guys and these labels I swear.. Dak just has to play well and win games.. Who gives a rip where he "ranks" or what label people want to put on him. If this team wins 12 games again and advances deep in the playoffs none of that talk will matter.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
would you look at that… 25 attempts. good things happen when you’re balanced

offlimits

Reaction score
22-25 for 276 yards and 2 TD’s. Passer rating of 139.3. Made some outstanding throws and should’ve had 3 TD’s if Schultz wouldn’t have dropped that pass in the end zone.

Completely agree. Dak was efficient and mistake-free. Maybe threw one poor ball and was spot-on with his reads.

Flamma

Reaction score
Let's settle this and for all. Dak is not an elite QB but can play at an elite level when you give him a dominant running game and defense. Everybody happy?

I'm pretty far from a Dak fanboy, but regardless of the run game he dropped some nice dimes I'm not used to seeing him throw. Hitting Pollard in stride, and I don't know how he fit that in there to Lamb.

leeblair

Reaction score
22-25 for 276 yards and 2 TD’s. Passer rating of 139.3. Made some outstanding throws and should’ve had 3 TD’s if Schultz wouldn’t have dropped that pass in the end zone.
That'll happen when the entire Cowboys team is beating up on a weaker team.
Dak enjoyed not having to make a difference because the defense and Tony Pollard were carrying the Cowboys today.
Dak got to pad his stats while the Cowboys were on a roll.
He's always done that.
When he has to be the reason the Cowboys win, he'll disappear again.

GINeric

Reaction score
You guys and these labels I swear.. Dak just has to play well and win games.. Who gives a rip where he "ranks" or what label people want to put on him. If this team wins 12 games again and advances deep in the playoffs none of that talk will matter.

I was just responding to another poster. I'm not all into labels either.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It’s insane to me. These labels are just talking points. Because nobody would say Eli was elite but he played elite when it mattered….I’ve sat here and watched guys like Herbert be boosted up as this elite guy just for him to lose more then he wins. Dak is a damn good QB. That’s all that matters.

JayNovacek84

Reaction score
The Dak haters won't like this, they're probably looking for something negative to post as we speak ;)

plymkr

Reaction score
So first thing I want to say is I am not a huge Dak fan. I haven't read through this entire thread but I will but I wanted to say this first. Not a Dak fan and I've been brutal criticizing him this week and pretty much since the Denver game of last year. So I'm here as a man to face up to the fact that he completely balled out today. The Dak of today can win a super bowl. He was smart, accurate and played within the system to set the offense up to succeed. This was a big game, on the road, against a good team with massive playoff implications and Dak delivered in an impressive way. Give him his due and respect for beating a 8-1 team in their house.

I feel like if you don't acknowledge his good play today then you're not being realistic. I'm not saying my whole view of Dak has changed by boy he played well and if he can do this consistently then we are a very dangerous team.

plymkr

Reaction score
ok... he did fine.

BUT... hear me out.

Patrick Mahomes's woman is having a son the end of this month or beginning of next month. I would suggest Jerry look into having a baby sign a contract with parental consent.
We could be looking at a Mahomes QB as early as 2043 if he elects to forgo his last college year.
Do you really want a 50 year old Jackson Mahomes making tik toks wearing a Cowboys uniform. I say sign him with a clause that is basically a restraining order against Jackson.

starfan1

Reaction score
Great TEAM win yesterday just like last week was a TEAM loss

it just kills the Dak critics and I for 1 love watching them wallow in their goal post moving misery

this is a week to week league so there is no time to rest on their recent accomplishments because the giants and the leagues leading rusher wants revenge and if we don’t play with the same energy it will be an L

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

Yep and this could be levelled at the team as a whole.....play it hard and simple from the start, gets points on the board and we can play to our strengths.