Dak Prescott’s value was on full display tonight

Scotman

Reaction score
You're describing potential flaws in the other players. If that is the makeup of these players, they will never win anything.
Have you never worked with someone who changed the atmosphere simply by being there? Dak had that same impact when he took the huddle as a rookie. It's been on display since day one. Romo had the same impact. Roger had the same impact.

Dalton doesn't seem to. I hope I'm wrong, but it didn't look like it last night.

renny

Reaction score
Dalton has no chemistry with his receivers? This is his first game with them. Zeke killed 2 drives and the refs killed 1

Oline is bad, they have to game plan around it
No excuses, he's a pro a vet at that

dsturgeon

Reaction score
No excuses, he's a pro a vet at that

It is not an excuse. He had a drive killed by a fumble, and another killed by a fumble, another killed by a bad pi call, and a easy td pass dropped. That is what happened

I am not saying he played like a superstar

BigD_95

Reaction score
The inability to deal with adversity, come from behind to put your team to win, the leadership

Dak May have increased his value by just going down

even the fellas in espn were pointing out the obvious

How quickly we forget the Jets, NE, Eagles, Saints games last year

RonnieT24

Reaction score
No question the chasm between Dak and Dalton
Cowboyec, how can we afford to pay Dak? I would love to keep him, but we would have nothing left to fix the rest of the glaring holes with this team.

I say we need to blow it up and start over. We are never going to get to the promised land with this group of players.

Easy.. you sign Dak to a 10 year deal at 50 million a year.. give him a 100 million dollar bonus.. spread the bonus out over the 10 years and make his salary start at 1 million in 2021 and escalate from there. That would make his cap hit 11 million next year.. and say 15 million in 2022 and then 20 million in 2023.. and so on. Then in 5 years when the cap is close to 300 million you start to let his cap his cap hit creep up to 40 million and it will be a HUGE bargain by then. And also by the most of the guaranteed money will have been paid and if Dak has not performed you can get out from under the deal for relative peanuts.

Any questions?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Have you never worked with someone who changed the atmosphere simply by being there? Dak had that same impact when he took the huddle as a rookie. It's been on display since day one. Romo had the same impact. Roger had the same impact.

Dalton doesn't seem to. I hope I'm wrong, but it didn't look like it last night.

Changed the atmosphere? Sure. Prevented anyone from doing their job well? No.

And, where was this magic impact in games the team was awful offensively when Dak (or Romo or Roger) was QB? Does it just come and go?

Why does the defense seem unaffected?

Why does it disappear for quarters/games at a time?

I want to understand how this magic power works.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Cowboyec, how can we afford to pay Dak? I would love to keep him, but we would have nothing left to fix the rest of the glaring holes with this team.

I say we need to blow it up and start over. We are never going to get to the promised land with this group of players.
we can't afford not to.
we need our QB...can't win without one.
pay Dak...draft better.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score

Easy.. you sign Dak to a 10 year deal at 50 million a year.. give him a 100 million dollar bonus.. spread the bonus out over the 10 years and make his salary start at 1 million in 2021 and escalate from there. That would make his cap hit 11 million next year.. and say 15 million in 2022 and then 20 million in 2023.. and so on. Then in 5 years when the cap is close to 300 million you start to let his cap his cap hit creep up to 40 million and it will be a HUGE bargain by then. And also by the most of the guaranteed money will have been paid and if Dak has not performed you can get out from under the deal for relative peanuts.

Any questions?
I have one.

How are you going to get Dak to sign a ten year deal when he wouldn't accept a five year deal?

Brax

Reaction score
The conversation continues to be dak vs dalton, but the truth is you lose tonight with either QB. The supporting cast needs to be better
Not sure why folks can't see this, too entrenched their position I guess. MM has not shown much so far this year and that is very disturbing.

dsturgeon

Reaction score

Any questions?

That is assuming the cap goes up. Me being a cowboys fan is the only reason I am still watching. I don't even watch other games, and I used to watch every game I could. The nfl needs to quit with all the views they are pushing, and play football. It is bad enough they have pushed high scoring games by handicapping the defenses, and all the rule changes, but all the social pushing, fashion show pageantry, and other crap is going to lower ratings, and lower the cap

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Not sure why folks can't see this, too entrenched their position I guess. MM has not shown much so far this year and that is very disturbing.
Yeah, its sad that this fan base is more concerned about being right about the qb position than the state of the team. You cant win championships in the nfl without a full team effort. No matter who is at qb its a tall task to win with the current group.

blumayne38

Reaction score
The inability to deal with adversity, come from behind to put your team to win, the leadership

Dak May have increased his value by just going down

even the fellas in espn were pointing out the obvious
What was our record when dak went down again? 5-0 4-1?

blumayne38

Reaction score
Can you tell us how stupid you feel right now?

Let me help you out.

If Dalton was the starter in the preceding three games we likely get blown the **** out every game just like this game. Yet all of those games came down to the wire because Dak was slinging the ball in epic fashion. Yet in the post game thread you were blaming Dak for those losses and said he padded stats against prevent defenses. In fact, you said we would be a better team with Dalton because he’s a better quarterback LOL.

So given your ridiculously imbecilic hypothesis that what Dak was doing any QB could do, would you kindly stop offering your unqualified and overly reductionist and simplistic football opinions and instead just tell us how incredibly stupid you feel right now?

THANKS!!
What was our record when dak was playing again I forget?

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
LOL!!

You doubling down on that stupid take?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Remind me again...

What were the scores of those other games versus last night’s game?

After revisiting that, then explain why this take of yours is stupid lmao

D4KADON

Reaction score

Well if you want me to answer that question

he was 2-3 for 2020

In addition, he also is in the top 3 with brady and wilson for wins since he became the starter but you don’t want to talk about that im sure

phildadon86

Reaction score
Well if you want me to answer that question

he was 2-3 for 2020

In addition, he also is in the top 3 with brady and wilson for wins since he became the starter but you don’t want to talk about that im sure
No never. Because those were team wins. Only losses are on the QB