Dak Prescott 2 in Total QBR

Sydla

Reaction score
It’s perfectly fine to prefer Dak over Wentz and say that You wouldn’t trade Dak for Wentz.

It does get preposterous if you try and say Wentz isn’t also very good.

I am a cowboys lover. But I truly believe that me preferring Dak over Wentz isn’t because of homerism.

They are different QB’s stylistically. Wentz physically is more gifted but Dak’s intangibles are through the roof.

Dak is ALL HEART. And I love that about him as a player.

Wentz has a unique combo of size and athleticism. Dak is more mobile and dangerous running however. Wentz has the bigger arm that allows him to take some chances Prescott likely won't. I actually think Dak throws on the run better than Wentz.

I still think there are things we can do with Dak that we don't - either because Dak doesn't take those throws or we don't call them. For example, and we saw this yesterday, we pushed the ball down the field more in the middle of the field with deeper crossing routes, etc.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I would imagine that the bulk of the Tds and yards came from dump passes that someone made the play on. And Tebow did his while scrambling and making something out of nothing. That would be my guess based on that scenario.
Tebow only threw 10 passes that day, completing 4. I like QBR, but it was indefensible that day.

My problems with QBR are mostly the emphasis on late game situations and running, but I like the idea behind it. I also like that ESPN will adjust the formula. For the longest time, Charlie Batch had the highest ranked game in QBR history, but they adjusted the formula to remove that eyesore.

Sydla

Reaction score
Wentz is 4th in yards and Dak is 19th. So we can talk about QBR all day but there is a much bigger load on Wentz than Dak.

We should have a strong running attack for a long time so it may not matter, but let's not pretend that Dak is an elite passer at this point.

A few things. Total passing yards is a silly comparison. For starters, Wentz has played one more game than Prescott. So if you take Prescott's average and add it to make a comparison, it would be 2262 to 2045, not exactly a huge gap.

Prescott has a better completion percentage. Prescott has a better QBR.

Dak is closer to Wentz than you seem to want to believe.

Ken

Reaction score
Wentz is 4th in yards and Dak is 19th. So we can talk about QBR all day but there is a much bigger load on Wentz than Dak.

We should have a strong running attack for a long time so it may not matter, but let's not pretend that Dak is an elite passer at this point.
There is not a bigger load on Carson than Dak...yards only means they are throwing it more...not necessarily that Wentz is carrying them by doing that. They are a WCO which has a ton of short passes that go for a lot of yards...

Dak is also behind by a game...let see what it look like after next week.

Ken

Reaction score
Tebow only threw 10 passes that day, completing 4. I like QBR, but it was indefensible that day.

My problems with QBR are mostly the emphasis on late game situations and running, but I like the idea behind it. I also like that ESPN will adjust the formula. For the longest time, Charlie Batch had the highest ranked game in QBR history, but they adjusted the formula to remove that eyesore.
I believe Sydla already pointed out that they changed the formula, which makes sense because it seems to be a pretty accurate depiction of what is happening on the field to me.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Shows how flawed the stat is.

But I love how ESPN is a cesspool around here until this comes up.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
EOD, the best, most telling stat for a QB is win/loss IMO. You can weight what ever stat, place emphases on whatever part of the game but end of day, QBs get paid to win. That's the entire point of the game.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
EOD, the best, most telling stat for a QB is win/loss IMO. You can weight what ever stat, place emphases on whatever part of the game but end of day, QBs get paid to win. That's the entire point of the game.

So then Tyrod Taylor and Blake Bortles are just as good as Dak?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Wins and more importantly, wins in the playoffs will determine the greatness of the QB.

RomoFor6

Reaction score

BYE WEEK

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
So then Tyrod Taylor and Blake Bortles are just as good as Dak?

If they win more games, they may be better. Not hard to figure out. You get big contracts in this league if you win. You get fired if you lose.

RomoFor6

Reaction score
not true. QB A has the best Defense in the league and average numbers and his team is 13-3. QB B has a below average defense with record breaking stats and his team is 9-7. is QB A better because he has more wins?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
not true. QB A has the best Defense in the league and average numbers and his team is 13-3. QB B has a below average defense with record breaking stats and his team is 9-7. is QB A better because he has more wins?

100% true, like it or not. QBs get paid to win. That's how it is, how it always has been, how it will likely always be. Tony Romo was easily a top 5 QB for much of his career but he rarely ever got credit for that. Other QBs, who I felt as if, were not as good got credit because they were with winning teams. It is what it is.

DFWJC

Reaction score
team game....always has been, always will be

DuceizBak

Reaction score
Dak is like our own R.Wilson except he doesn't need to run as much..and i'll gladly take it..although I wish he would run more.

Reactions: Ken