Dak Prescott Almost agreed to new contract before deadline

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Can't we all just get along? :laugh:

barroom_blitz_6038.jpg

erod

Reaction score
Man, I don't know how people don't understand this. The FO ****ed up by not seriously negotiating after the 3rd year. Could put out a 4 year extension and used the original year to spread for 5. Every freaking other team - Philly, LAR, KC - with an expiring K did so with the extra year(s). Watch what happens with the Texans and Ravens.

And the Jones' better hope the League and the NFLPA comes to an agreement on the cap next year. I don't believe there's football this year, and the cap number is gonna drop, with the parties all involved will lose. Except those tagged - those contracts will go up 20% no matter what.
Philly and the Rams are regretting their deals, and Mahomes is a hundred times better than Dak.

The FO almost messed this up. They stupidly offered him more than Goff and Wentz, and he stupidly turned it down.

McCarthy hasn't even talked to him. Meanwhile, Dalton is around all the time.

I think the team has wised up in time and stopped calling him. Dak tried to go get the original deal that was offered, and Dallas may have pulled it off the table.

I am thrilled.

phildadon86

Reaction score
But but but....

Dak will sign, weather you haters like it or not. He will be a cowboy for years to come, come July, and all you trolls can leave and find a new team.

Nah, all you trolls that Stan Dak and don't care about the cowboys, and would want a average bus driver to lead us to misery and disarray, can get your affairs in order.

Pack your bags after this season. Don't blame the coaching staff or Jerry when this bum fails. You all better apologize, or go jump on another bandwagon

9cm2EuI.png

#DontpayDak
And what are you going to do if he succeeds under the new coaching staff? Just curious.

erod

Reaction score
Dak really doesn’t have leverage. Especially with Dalton being the backup.
Once Dallas signed Dalton, their attitude toward Dak's contract changed dramatically for sure.

It'll be interesting if they open up the competition fully for the starting job in camp.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
In one half, Matt Stafford makes more money than Dak Prescott did in an entire season. In 3 games, Matt Stafford made as much money as Dak did his first 4 years in the NFL.

Dak was the 77th highest paid QB in the NFL, on average, over the course of his first 4 seasons.

So yes, yes, Dak does want to be fairly compensated...including not signing beyond the standard 4 year contract.

What does this have to do with anything? Dak had his chance to get paid "fairly". He elected not to accept, according to reporting. I don't see the correlation.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Philly and the Rams are regretting their deals, and Mahomes is a hundred times better than Dak.

The FO almost messed this up. They stupidly offered him more than Goff and Wentz, and he stupidly turned it down.

McCarthy hasn't even talked to him. Meanwhile, Dalton is around all the time.

I think the team has wised up in time and stopped calling him. Dak tried to go get the original deal that was offered, and Dallas may have pulled it off the table.

I am thrilled.
It may had been the original deal that Daks agent pulled the plug on after spanking the fins last year. They just moved some money around. 50 million to sign. He was getting wilson money per year. If he is smart he fires that agent soon to save face. He apparently said yesterday he would have signed the deal but time ran out.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I thought all they had to do was agree in terms. Not have it inked.

The fact is that all parties involved had months - if not over a year - to have this worked out. If they all stared at each other waiting for someone to blink right up to the deadline they should all be ashamed of themselves.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Almost doesn't count. That's kind of like saying, "I almost got pregnant." Either you are or you ain't.

Edit: Another thing, I would love it if CZ would set up a special password-protected hidden board with no profanity restrictions so that frustrated fans could cuss him out all we want.

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Man, I don't know how people don't understand this. The FO ****ed up by not seriously negotiating after the 3rd year. Could put out a 4 year extension and used the original year to spread for 5. Every freaking other team - Philly, LAR, KC - with an expiring K did so with the extra year(s). Watch what happens with the Texans and Ravens.

And the Jones' better hope the League and the NFLPA comes to an agreement on the cap next year. I don't believe there's football this year, and the cap number is gonna drop, with the parties all involved will lose. Except those tagged - those contracts will go up 20% no matter what.

What makes you say this? How do you know the team didn't negotiate seriously?

Frozen700

Reaction score
And what are you going to do if he succeeds under the new coaching staff? Just curious.

What will I do? Do what I did this year after he did Jack vs the eagles. Nothing.

He won't succeed, it will show in his play. Then I will be asking what will you all do?

Last I checked, I wasn't the one dancing prematurely celebrating him signing or not in July saying "find a new team in July."

That was you and your Dak fans. So what will you all do when it's time for him to pack his bags?

Will you be joining? Or staying around with your head down?

According to you all, mainly Rockport all the fans that thought Dak should not get paid and wouldn't get paid come July are "idiots, who don't know football" and that Jerry will pay the man, following it up with laughter.

Who's laughing now

uUu9hwp.png

#DontpayDak

phildadon86

Reaction score
What will I do? Do what I did this year after he did Jack vs the eagles. Nothing.

He won't succeed, it will show in his play. Then I will be asking what will you all do?

Last I checked, I wasn't the one dancing prematurely celebrating him signing or not in July saying "find a new team in July."

That was you and your Dak fans. So what will you all do when it's time for him to pack his bags?

Will you be joining? Or staying around with your head down?

According to you all, mainly Rockport all the fans that thought Dak should not get paid and wouldn't get paid come July are "idiots, who don't know football" and that Jerry will pay the man, following it up with laughter.

Who's laughing now

uUu9hwp.png

#DontpayDak
Laughing at your own team failing to sign the QB of the team means I am laughing at you. Because instead of wanting us to succeed you’d rather be right

Frozen700

Reaction score
Laughing at your own team failing to sign the QB of the team means I am laughing at you. Because instead of wanting us to succeed you’d rather be right

Uh no

He would handicap us. I don't want this team to fail. Wanting us to sign an average, maybe slight above Avery QB to a huge contract shows me you don't care about the team.

#DontpayDak