Dak Prescott Almost agreed to new contract before deadline

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Nobody who works for a living should have any issue with Dak trying to get what he's worth. And what he's worth is dictated by what he brings to the team, what his contemporaries make, what he can get on the open market, etc. It has nothing to do with what you or I make bagging groceries or doing someone's taxes. Any hint of loyalty issues are a great big bag of BS because there is no such thing as loyalty in business - and the NFL is a business first and foremost. This is a Jerry/Stephen failing, nothing more. Dak can want to be in Dallas AND want what he's worth, I know that's a level of complexity some of you can't comprehend.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The fact is that all parties involved had months - if not over a year - to have this worked out. If they all stared at each other waiting for someone to blink right up to the deadline they should all be ashamed of themselves.
Of course they should be. I just wonder. I know SJ did what he did with D-Law and ask the agent to talk to Dak. Then all the sudden he would have signed it if there was more time. Maybe both sides are fine with him playing on the tag. Daks side maybe wants to waste another year without a contract to get a year closer to the new money supposedly coming.

erod

Reaction score
The fact is that all parties involved had months - if not over a year - to have this worked out. If they all stared at each other waiting for someone to blink right up to the deadline they should all be ashamed of themselves.
Dallas offered way more than a fair deal. Dak is just an idiot for not signing.

I, for one, am giddy. I suspect Dallas may have just dodged a contract landmine.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dallas offered way more than a fair deal. Dak is just an idiot for not signing.

I, for one, am giddy. I suspect Dallas may have just dodged a contract landmine.
We will see how he does this year. If his stats stay the same with maybe a few less picks and we make a deep run then I have no problem signing him. Our team didnt play well last year. MM should help us out with the actual coaching and may can put Dak in a good spot.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
If this is true Dak needs to fire his agent. I think this is fake news. I can’t believe he turned down 110 million guaranteed but obviously he thinks he is worth more.
Dont let the PC media confuse,, Dak and France both believed firmly that Jerry would open up the wallet,, and I would have loved to be a fly on the wall and seen the expression on both of their faces when Jerry didnt.
I bet it was like whaaaaaa.......

Frozen700

Reaction score
Lol. We signed Romo to a huge deal. What did he accomplish?

He was a playmaker, and actually had accuracy.

Look what he did with Dez. Dak couldn't do even half of that.

It was proven Romo made guys better. Look at LR, Crayton and Austin. Dak can't do that. He has Cooper and at times can't do nothing with him. Even worse if copper is injured or before Cooper.

Right now Cooper carries him.

#DontpayDak

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
$110 million guaranteed was way too low for a 5 year extension. A "fair offer" would have included around $125 million guaranteed.

erod

Reaction score
We will see how he does this year. If his stats stay the same with maybe a few less picks and we make a deep run then I have no problem signing him. Our team didnt play well last year. MM should help us out with the actual coaching and may can put Dak in a good spot.
MM might be Dak's biggest problem. He talks to Dalton all the time. Seems disinterested in taking to Dak.

Might be a quick trigger.

glimmerman

Reaction score
MM might be Dak's biggest problem. He talks to Dalton all the time. Seems disinterested in taking to Dak.

Might be a quick trigger.
Have no idea. I would like to think he had contact with him since they asked him last time. MM won’t put up with much. We will see during camps, someone will be a example.

Maybe Hill is he comes in lazy or falls asleep in his meetings.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Think Frances never wanted Dak to sign a long term deal but rather play on 2 franchise tags. 2022 is going to be a moster yr with tons of money. Lost some respect for Dak for allowing this to happen, the agent works for the player. The team offered him a deal that was above fair. Have to give it to Jerry and Stephen that they didnt cave in and just throwing money out there just to get it done. They had their number and stuck to it.

plasticman

Reaction score
Too bad Dak doesn't say anything controversial, insensitive, or just plain dumb. That way, at least those who dislike Dak could have some character issue to grab onto to justify their opinion.

Instead, Dak has been completely professional during this two year process. He has not resorted to name calling, media propaganda, disruption, or any of the other retaliatory methods used by other players....or team management.

That must be infuriating for some.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
Any odds on if Dak will fire France? Sounds like he had to step in himself and didn't have enough time.

I certainly hope Dak fires France. If Dak agreed to latest offer then you gotta think the team that does these kinds of last minute deals all the time would have their ducks in a row.

makes me think France was the holdup, whether unintended or nafarious. Either way I wouldn’t be surprised if Dak had new representation.