Dak Prescott Appreciation Thread

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dak is a good QB like Cousins. And good QBs usually beat bad teams like they are supposed to. But when a good QB meets a another good QB and both defenses are strong then it becomes which QB will thread the needle on tight coverage while under more pressure. The problem with Dak is he doesnt throw the ball until his WR is wide open. If the Cowboys are going to have success going forward hes going to have to make better throws with more consistency.

:facepalm:

lopey

Reaction score
Does anyone else think the Boys should play uptempo on offense to start the game. Seems Dak is at his best when he can go no huddle.

Brax

Reaction score
I get the TO dislike, I do not get the Prescott hate. It makes no sense. Unless there are reasons I'm not aware of or we're not allowed to discuss, it's bizarre. Not only is he playing at a high level, but he's a pretty solid person. The salary concerns are just silly. Romo took heavy fire in many ways when he was playing. Oddly, he got elevated after retirement to HOF status. Maybe a certain kind or caliber of fan just hates our QBs in general.
Fans booed Meredith, Morton Staubach, White, Aikman, Romo, Prescott, seems the way in big D, in today's world there's just more ways to boo. I don't get the hate myself, I do understand the the feeling he's not a franchise QB, but like it or not he will be signed and be there a while as there is no alternative at this point. Jerry will pay and if it is just another Jerry mistake it just another year added on to the failed Jerry GM leadership. What will be fun to watch is the love when Jerry pays Garrett again at the end of another failed year.

vermontcc

Reaction score
It could be considered that as he learns and matures there will be a considerable upside....... or not. Depends on your point of view. Pessimistic or Optimistic. I choose Happy.

shabazz

Reaction score
Fans booed Meredith, Morton Staubach, White, Aikman, Romo, Prescott, seems the way in big D, in today's world there's just more ways to boo. I don't get the hate myself, I do understand the the feeling he's not a franchise QB, but like it or not he will be signed and be there a while as there is no alternative at this point. Jerry will pay and if it is just another Jerry mistake it just another year added on to the failed Jerry GM leadership. What will be fun to watch is the love when Jerry pays Garrett again at the end of another failed year.

Let the season play out, see how Dakota plays against real defenses and the playoffs, if we go, and if he rises to the occasion; pay him accordingly.

If they still arent 100% sold, franchise him as a stop gap and start the search again. I prefer that he rises to the occasion so we dont need to find another guy.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Let the season play out, see how Dakota plays against real defenses and the playoffs, if we go, and if he rises to the occasion; pay him accordingly.

If they still arent 100% sold, franchise him as a stop gap and start the search again. I prefer that he rises to the occasion so we dont need to find another guy.
This rest of the schedule is gonna be a real test for Dak.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is a good QB like Cousins. And good QBs usually beat bad teams like they are supposed to. But when a good QB meets a another good QB and both defenses are strong then it becomes which QB will thread the needle on tight coverage while under more pressure. The problem with Dak is he doesnt throw the ball until his WR is wide open. If the Cowboys are going to have success going forward hes going to have to make better throws with more consistency.

You got the like because the meat of the post was strong enough to overcome the good QB nonsense.