News: Dak Prescott: Best shape of my life

CWR

Reaction score
The patriots were 2-3 when Dallas played them - hardly a solid team at that point. And of the teams you mentioned, only the Pats made the playoffs. The Chargers game was game #2 of the season, so no one had any idea what to really expect.

Sure, those were 5 wins outside of the division, but in keeping with Dak's inability to show up against the truly good teams, none of those wins were remarkable. Too much credit was given for the win over the Patriots in my opinion. But hey, a win is a win.

Anyone that's watched football for more than a week knows a victory in Foxboro is a great victory. Let's also not ignore how they overcame terrible officiating. I mean, it was bad, real bad.

Anyhow like I said beat the cover 2 carries actual merit. His record outside the division is negatively exaggerated.

Hardline

Reaction score
Off the top of my head THEY beat the Chargers, Pats, Saints, Vikings, Panthers last year. Those were all pretty solid teams at the time we played.

From what I could find he's about 2 games over .500 going back to 2016. Is that what you're referring to?
I'm referring to his entire pro career.
Two games over 500 is unacceptable.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I'm referring to his entire pro career.
Two games over 500 is unacceptable.
Lol. Go take a look at the top QBs in the league against teams over .500.
Hint. brady is the only one with a winning record over the last 6 years.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...approaches-camp-in-the-best-shape-of-my-life/

It’s “I’m in the best shape of my life this season” season, and Cowboys fans will be happy to know that their quarterback has gotten his membership card.

“A couple of weeks out and I’m in the best shape that I’ve ever been in,” Prescott told reporters during a break in his youth football camp, via Nick Eatman of DallasCowboys.com. “So it’s time to ramp it up and get going.”

Prescott was asked to elaborate on what is said so often by NFL players in the spring and summer that it just becomes predictable noise.

“One, just because of my movement,” Prescott said. “I got a PT in the offseason — someone I’ve worked with throughout the last year. I’ve paid him, made him full-time, my guy. Whether it’s vacation or not, he comes with me. We work on these movements and stretches. I feel like, since the injury, I’ve trained more functional than I ever have. So I see it in my body, I see it the way I move and how the ball is coming out.”
alrighty then. page 39 here we come...

let me start some of the debate's bullet points to simplify the debates.
  • he is inaccurate
  • empty stats
  • doesn't beat good teams
  • 1-3 playoff record
  • doesn't run
  • over rated.
  • doesn't lead his recievers
  • always behind in the 4th and accumulates empty stats
  • doesn't belong in the league
  • never wins if we don't run for a 100 yards
  • his salary is handicapping us from signing any good FAs
  • we lost cooper because of him

alright now. have at it

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Hearing an overrated player tout his "best shape" every offseason is as traditional as hearing a Jones say we had "genuine interest" in any quality free agent. Now that that is out of the way, let's get on with it.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol. So you want him to do what no other QB does consistently. Gotcha.
For 160 million $ I would hope so.......I mean this is not the U.N. or the Red Cross if you get my drift????

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Narrow-mindedness...the act of zeroing in on one particular part or party while ignoring all others.

You guys are talking about an organization that drafted Conner Williams and put him at left guard. Conner excelled at tackle in college, but the Cowboys never tried him out at that position. Instead they put their smallest offensive lineman in a position that required him to take on the defenses biggest defensive tackle. An organization that makes decisions like that is a dysfunctional organization. But let's not blame this organization for their ineptitude. No, let's blame it on one person. The quarterback.

I see why mankind just made up this immaterial person they call the devil. Because half the people on the face of this planet can't even explain their own behavior.

plymkr

Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...approaches-camp-in-the-best-shape-of-my-life/

It’s “I’m in the best shape of my life this season” season, and Cowboys fans will be happy to know that their quarterback has gotten his membership card.

“A couple of weeks out and I’m in the best shape that I’ve ever been in,” Prescott told reporters during a break in his youth football camp, via Nick Eatman of DallasCowboys.com. “So it’s time to ramp it up and get going.”

Prescott was asked to elaborate on what is said so often by NFL players in the spring and summer that it just becomes predictable noise.

“One, just because of my movement,” Prescott said. “I got a PT in the offseason — someone I’ve worked with throughout the last year. I’ve paid him, made him full-time, my guy. Whether it’s vacation or not, he comes with me. We work on these movements and stretches. I feel like, since the injury, I’ve trained more functional than I ever have. So I see it in my body, I see it the way I move and how the ball is coming out.”
Guys I'm getting a vision. I'm seeing into the future and in 2 weeks DeMarcus Lawrence will announce he's in the best shape of his life. Soon Jaylon Smith will announce the same but no one will care. It's part of the offseason program.

I don't care how in shape Dak is, I care about his shoulder and calf. How is the injury situation. I feel we can win with a non injured Dak and a good defense. The Dak from the Patriots game to the end of the season we will struggle with. So how's the calf and shoulder? I'll get excited if he's healed up. These "I'm in the best shape of my life/career" is part of the Cowboys offseason propaganda machine that sucks us in every time.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
For 160 million $ I would hope so.......I mean this is not the U.N. or the Red Cross if you get my drift????
Just so we are completely clear... Soley based off his salary (which isnt even in the top 5 after a year), yall want Dak to consistently put up better numbers than literally any qb in history? And if he falls short by any margin, he's a failure in your keen football eye's?

Wow.

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
He’s done that. Countless times. But hey. Agendas. You guys need new material. Pretty sure last season before the pats game he led the league in accuracy in tight window throws. Lol. But here you are. As you were.
Lol, no.

He won't pull the trigger most of the time, and when he does, no telling where it's going. His reluctance is obvious.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Romo used to say this to. Lol to make it a Dak thing just shows your agenda

Now you come up with Romo.

You questioned me. I gave you an example. But instead of staying with the discussion you claim new stuff.
And now i have an agenda just because you cant admit that i gave you an example where you questioned me.

Its always the same with people like you. They get some facts or good reasoning. And somehow they cant stand the feeling they may have the wrong view. So they need to diminish the opposition. Narcistic behaviour.

Its so boring to have a discussion with you. You have nothing interessting or worthwhile to say. So i will leave it here.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Yes.

You can't quit me because you can't win with me.

You can't quit Dak because we can't win anything with him.

I have figured you out, sir lol
Dude. He won when he made you hide your post history that would expose your hypocrisy and bandwagon champ status.

You should face that.

Flamma

Reaction score

You would think he'd be in the best shape of his life at some point prior to just shy of 29 years old. What was he doing at 22 or 24 years old?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's good to see Dak has his body well prepared for the long season ahead!
I hope his physical and mental aspects are equally so well prepared. :omg:

I'd like to think an ability to read defenses with ease might help him greatly!

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now you come up with Romo.

You questioned me. I gave you an example. But instead of staying with the discussion you claim new stuff.
And now i have an agenda just because you cant admit that i gave you an example where you questioned me.

Its always the same with people like you. They get some facts or good reasoning. And somehow they cant stand the feeling they may have the wrong view. So they need to diminish the opposition. Narcistic behaviour.

Its so boring to have a discussion with you. You have nothing interessting or worthwhile to say. So i will leave it here.

Agenda........:muttley:....only Dak Zombies can come up with this stuff!!!:muttley: