News: Dak Prescott: Best shape of my life

starfan1

Reaction score
No. They arent.

take away Daks broken ankle. A freak injury that costs a guy the season shouldn’t be the same as a bunch of minor injuries and not to mention a benching for wentz. You can’t spin stats when you feel like it. Everything is in context.
look I like dak and yes it was freak accident but so was Romos back thing.
best ability is availability and part of my frustration with Romo was his unreliability later in his career. he had cleaned up his throwing to other team at critical moments by then so i dont think its any different here. i was hard on Romo Ill be hard on dak because I see how the team suffers when hes not here. ( sorry cooper 1 outing dont make me a believer)

phildadon86

Reaction score
In my mind?

Am I supposed to imagine that Dak has played more games than Wentz when he hasn't? Is that what you do? lol
No. However. You like to say stats are relative do you not? Or is that only when it is to prove a point you are trying to make?

This is how I look at it. Maybe this will explain it for you. A broken ankle on a freak accidental play I don't use to call someone injury prone. Not really hard to understand.

How many playoff games has Wentz played in? How many has Dak?

Minus his ankle and his calf from his ankle how many games has Dak missed?

Go ahead. You know the number. You can say it.

phildadon86

Reaction score
look I like dak and yes it was freak accident but so was Romos back thing.
best ability is availability and part of my frustration with Romo was his unreliability later in his career. he had cleaned up his throwing to other team at critical moments by then so i dont think its any different here. i was hard on Romo Ill be hard on dak because I see how the team suffers when hes not here. ( sorry cooper 1 outing dont make me a believer)
Yes Romo's was. But he also missed games PRIOR to that back thing. Dak hadnt.

That is the point I am making. Wentz missed games with hangnails. Get out of here trying to compare the 2 and their injury history.

visionary

Reaction score
#1 scoring offense in the NFL and #1 yardage offense in the NFL.

Get lost. NO one is buying your drivel. You sound like a clown.

Poor Dak and all his deficiencies. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao:

If only he could read defenses we could be the highest scoring offense in the NFL. :muttley:

Be quiet and let the adults talk

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He didn't say "I'm in better shape than I was in 2021" though lol

No he said it is the best he felt, he hired a personal trainer who is working with him on every aspect, he is doing things to help himself to be prepared for a long season. In other words he is putting in the time and efforts to give him a chance to help this team. You may find it funny I think it is great that he is doing things to help this team. In the end once the season starts it falls to him to go out and get the job done and no one will care about what he did in the offseason. Hell if anything his critics should love this, it eliminates any excuses for poor play.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
No. However. You like to say stats are relative do you not? Or is that only when it is to prove a point you are trying to make?

This is how I look at it. Maybe this will explain it for you. A broken ankle on a freak accidental play I don't use to call someone injury prone. Not really hard to understand.

How many playoff games has Wentz played in? How many has Dak?

Minus his ankle and his calf from his ankle how many games has Dak missed?

Go ahead. You know the number. You can say it.
It's games played for crying out loud.

It's not like Dak throwing for 500 yards and 5 TDs against the Browns when we were down 41-14 entering the 4th quarter.

We're talking about games played here, not something that be cherry picked.

85 games is 85 games is 85 games. It's as simple as it gets no matter how you get there.

phildadon86

Reaction score

It's not like Dak throwing for 500 yards and 5 TDs against the Browns when we were down 41-14 entering the 4th quarter.

85 games is 85 games is 85 games. It's as simple as it gets no matter how you get there.

You mean the game the Cowboys were within 3 points of tying if Jaylon Smith knew how to fall onto a football?

Stats are relative. Regardless of the spin you want to put on it. A broken ankle vs a tight back is a joke of an argument to make and I am not surprised you are making it

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You mean the game the Cowboys were within 3 points of tying if Jaylon Smith knew how to fall onto a football?

Stats are relative. Regardless of the spin you want to put on it. A broken ankle vs a tight back is a joke of an argument to make and I am not surprised you are making it
Yes.

It was Jaylon's Smith fault that we had 14 points going into the 4th quarter.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yes.

It was Jaylon's Smith fault that we had 14 points going into the 4th quarter.
This is what I mean.

You cannot see past the fact you don't like the guy. You just cant.

Was Jaylon at fault for allowing the Browns to run for 300 yards at half? Or was that on Dak too?

lol you are funny man. Stats only matter when you use them to disparage Dak, and any other Cowboy you can because they are "relative" but when it comes to using stats to bash a player. The stats are the stats.

This is what I mean by HYPOCRITE.

In your eyes. Dak missing 11 games with a broken freaking ankle makes him as injury prone as Wentz because well "the stats say it".

But dak throwing for 500 4 TDs and losing by 3 points is his fault and it was all in garbage time.

Lets just concede not to argue Dak anymore and discuss other football matters because this is something that we will never agree on.

I do look forward to our Zeke bet though :)

Doomsday101

Reaction score

True then again Wentz missed time in 2017, 2018, 2020 while Dak missed most of the 2020 season. Outside of that he played in 16 games 5 of 6 season. A QB going down multiple season can have a major impact on his team, we saw that with Romo and the negative effect it had on the Cowboys.

starfan1

Reaction score
Yes Romo's was. But he also missed games PRIOR to that back thing. Dak hadnt.

That is the point I am making. Wentz missed games with hangnails. Get out of here trying to compare the 2 and their injury history.
look dont blame me facts are facts. either youre playing or not regardless of how it happened. i mean he also had the shoulder thing in camp and then the calf thing that clearly impacted his ability to plant and throw the second half of the season. there are signs to be somewhat concerned with not overly but somewhat. I want to see this year.

Id be a hypocrite if i didnt view it the same way even though i like the guy more than i did previous QB. But hey hes in the best shape of his life so it will be good right?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
It’s not just him. Last year it was Tyron.

Stop it lol. Every year there’s a player or multiple players who say it. It’s not just a Dak thing.

As to what we’re missing. A suspension should be coming down the pipe shortly. Probably Joseph. Because you know. That investigation will provide info so much quicker than the Watson debacle
I disagree, they will hold off on suspending him until the playoffs start, if we make it there.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another post excluding the facts of daks accuracy throwing into tight windows. Do any of you read anything before posting? Or just copy everyone else?
Dak needs to work on one thing for sure, and that’s consistency. He gets out of his mechanics too easily and needs to fix that, also he needs to just let the ball go sometimes, I feel like when kitna was here Dak was letting the ball go a lot more often.

Dak has many times been in the top ten and even top 5 with his accuracy on tight window throws. But hey. Easier to just rely on the eye test. Lol

I Didnt say he wasnt accurate, he is just not accurate when he really needs to be. And I dont need to read a spin story about Dak's performance, I watch the games, intently! I was all in with Dak until last year. If this is his year, and BTW he has stated that in one way or another every year, then let's see it. period. So be sarcastic and LOl all you want it doesnt change the fact of who we are until proven otherwise.

Good day to you sir. :flagwave:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do ya think Prescott is spending too much time around Booger?

Spinning doesn’t replace winning. No one cares what shape he is in if they’re not winning.

Kapp and Kilmer played with beer bellies and threw wounded ducks but they won.

However, it is good to know he hasn’t been floating around the pool all summer eating Moon Pies and chugging Nehi’s.