Dak Prescott Calls out ‘Bandwagon’ Cowboys Fans

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So what exactly do you think he is saying when he says," Im sure come people are jumping off the bandwagon?" Who would he be referring to? You think he is talking to the people working concessions? He said it over and over the people in the locker room believe in each other, so he wasnt talking to any players. So who is left>? Is he referring to Jerry?
I think he’s probably referring to the talking heads in the media.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
So what exactly do you think he is saying when he says," Im sure come people are jumping off the bandwagon?" Who would he be referring to? You think he is talking to the people working concessions? He said it over and over the people in the locker room believe in each other, so he wasnt talking to any players. So who is left>? Is he referring to Jerry?

There were concessions workers jumping over the counter after the game, for real though.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't even think one of the excessive homers can admit that dak lost the game in overtime.

step up if you do
The thing of it is....games aren't won and lost on one play....even the Hail Mary didn't win that game.....there are many plays that lead up to that situation...in this case, missed FG, penalties, bad pass, missed block....etc....that's what being able to watch a game and not just follow the balls does....it makes you appreciate the little things that lead to big things.....it's not easy to do, but being able to study, breakdown and grade films provides a great perspective....when I was a young coach, I would scout teams, live....I had to draw up the formation, play, stunts, coverage etc....had to see it all or my HC would rip me a new one.....that's why I get upset when fans blame one player...Salud!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
but with all that said, one pass at the end determined the outcome. they were a lot of bad football in between, but that one play determined the game.
past quarterbacks would have got roasted for that one pass.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Fans.
And the "talking heads" know simple human psychology because they're supposed to and feed into the, ahem... Meta.
I’m referring to the talking heads who were buying into the Cowboys hype we were a serious SB contender and Dak was MVP candidate. Now they have all hopped off his and our wagon.

I’m not sure why he’d even address it?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was referring to this losing streak in last few games which was first sign this year. Sorry I didn’t make that clear.
Yes I know. If we're actually on a losing streak....or doldrums.....then the Raiders game hes commenting after....isn't "the first sign". It's 2nd or 3rd or more.

The 25 year history of us still being here should have occurred to him before he opened his mouth about it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
but with all that said, one pass at the end determined the outcome. they were a lot of bad football in between, but that one play determined the game.
It's part of being "clutch" and "elite". Does Aaron rogers make that throw?
Dak failed and needs held accountable.

Another thing I didn't like is that almost every time after an incomplete pass...dak signaled to the receivers as if it were their fault....rather than a bad pass.
Leaders don't do it that often....not blatantly.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They all do...Dak missed he deserves the blame for that play, even though I think a professional receiver should catch that ball. Dak screwed up, but no PI call and that play doesn't matter....missed FG, it doesn't matter, no missed fumble call on Waller, it doesn't matter...comprende?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's part of being "clutch" and "elite". Does Aaron rogers make that throw?
Dak failed and needs held accountable.

Another thing I didn't like is that almost every time after an incomplete pass...dak signaled to the receivers as if it were their fault....rather than a bad pass.
Leaders don't do it that often....not blatantly.
Troy used to cry on the sidelines all the time....pacing back an forth and blaming coaches and players...they all do it..we only tend to notice the ones we don't like.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
it becomes a new game in overtime. all previous mistakes are out the window. it becomes a 0-0 game, and that's about it. one guy stepped up in OT

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it becomes a new game in overtime. all previous mistakes are out the window. it becomes a 0-0 game, and that's about it. one guy stepped up in OT
Should never have gone to overtime....again, you can blame who you want....I see it as a team sport where everyone is held accountable.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
if not for a lucky run back it might not have gone to overtime. and all of this would be for nothing.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They all do...Dak missed he deserves the blame for that play, even though I think a professional receiver should catch that ball. Dak screwed up, but no PI call and that play doesn't matter....missed FG, it doesn't matter, no missed fumble call on Waller, it doesn't matter...comprende?
I refuse to make excuses. You make the play at hand regardless of other plays or referees

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a coach, i would never blame one player ir coach....I would have lost all respect and accountability.....as a fan, you can blame Dak or Zeke or whoever....cause no one will care....whatever makes you feel better....my nephew and God son is a QB at my local HS...we have very large and vocal crowds....I don't sit in the stands when I go to his games because I would probably beat the crap out if some of those fans....I stand on the sidelines with my headphones on and just focus on the game.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Should never have gone to overtime....again, you can blame who you want....I see it as a team sport where everyone is held accountable.
Make the play at hand.

If you want to call out other plays and players....make the threads so we can attempt to stay focused.