Dak Prescott can win a Super Bowl

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't mind if people believe we can't build a defense if Dak gets paid. What I have a problem with is that our QB1 made $4.1 million in his first 4 years and our first round draft pick was used on defense twice to close out his rookie contract. What I want to know from the side of the fan base who thinks building a defense can't occur if Dak gets paid, is why couldn't we build a defense when he wasn't getting paid? Dak getting paid isn't going to prevent the Cowboys from building a defense. An incompetent front office will prevent it even if Dak played for free. They don't know what they are doing on the defensive side of the ball.
I'd love to be a able to argue with you on the facts, unfortunately, I can't. The FO has been terrible with many of their 1st and 2nd round defensive pics.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, I mean, that'd be fine if we had a defence. That's the key thing we have to build. THat's what the SB taught me.

Defense is more then that though. Throwing the ball 50/60 times a game is actually bad for the Defense. Scheme means a lot. Lets see where we are at once we get to the otherside of the draft. We may yet have a decent, not top, but decent defense this next season. I don't know yet.

Redline360

Reaction score
Could Dak win a superbowl? Sure far less quarterbacks have

Could Dak win a superbowo as a Cowboy? Lmao no get off the sauce

Steve007

Reaction score
That side of the fan base will just never understand this. This Cowboys defensive team just isn't very good. You've got to have the money to bring in FA's to help AND draft defensive players well. I don't believe you can pay Dak top 3 money (or whatever) and build a championship team. That's not because I'm against Dak, it's just the way the Cowboys are currently built, they need too many players.
True.

Steve007

Reaction score
Actually they are good numbers troll:

64% completion percentage for 840 yards and 7 TD's to only 2 picks with a QBR of 95.7 in 3 games.

Poor guy, could you look any more dumb?
1 playoff win Dak lover. They pay him the best they will do is one and done.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If I did not think Dak could lead this team to a SB I would not support him as I do. However SB has always been and still is a team accomplishment. Last nights game was not just Brady playing, stat wise 201 in passing but then I don't think Brady cares about stats like that, he care about winning. If that means throwing it 50 times or if it means 29 times like he did last night and use an effective running game whatever it takes to win. I mentioned in another thread the importance of Tampa defense holding KC with 0 TD in the game that had nothing to do with Brady. Last night was a team accomplishment and many players involved in winning that game and that is what wins SB.

BigD_95

Reaction score
This game proves it.

When an offensive line and defense plays like this, what happens is....... 31-9. Even with the best QBs. I'm not saying this game is Mahomes fault or Dak > Mahomes, but he was under pressure all day, scored 0 touchdowns (in relevant time), and his defense is atrocious. Sounds like a typical Dallas Cowboys game.

Also, Dak is better than Mahomes under pressure. I'll give you the stats to prove it.

Dak can’t even beat a depleted Eagles team with the playoffs on the line and you have him winning a super bowl?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Dak can’t even beat a depleted Eagles team with the playoffs on the line and you have him win games a super bowl?

Dak had an owwiee on his finger, or something in that game. It's never his fault, he just does not have the mental capacity to be a top of the line QB...he was 4th rounder for a reason and he got the starting QB given to him. He never had to sit for a year or so...that is why he does not know the game like a good QB should.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Who is the guy that said Dalton would play better than Dak and lead us to the playoffs?

Which two QB's did you say would be better than Mahomes the year he was drafted? Please refresh me with your expert QB analysis skills. :lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2:

Dalton did his best while the one-legged Dak sucked on his thumb wishing for many millions.

Motorola

Reaction score
If I did not think Dak could lead this team to a SB I would not support him as I do. However SB has always been and still is a team accomplishment. Last nights game was not just Brady playing, stat wise 201 in passing but then I don't think Brady cares about stats like that, he care about winning. If that means throwing it 50 times or if it means 29 times like he did last night and use an effective running game whatever it takes to win. I mentioned in another thread the importance of Tampa defense holding KC with 0 TD in the game that had nothing to do with Brady. Last night was a team accomplishment and many players involved in winning that game and that is what wins SB.
Also a coaching staff that put veteran players in roles and schemes to maximize their experience and physical abilities combined with instructing young players to performance levels to blend in and be effective - play to play, game to game.
Plus- the franchise steadily and continuously improving the team each offseason:
Making tough and unfavorable subtractions (Gerald McCoy two years ago, Jameis Winston last year) among the fanbase...to contoversial additions (Ndamukong Suh).
Tampa Bay Buccaneers were a ragamuffin franchise for over a decade... but they eventually picked the right people from GM Jason Licht sometime ago and HC Bruce Arians recently to get back not only to a contender but NFL Champions in seemingly the blink of an eye.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Could Dak win a superbowl? Sure far less quarterbacks have

Could Dak win a superbowo as a Cowboy? Lmao no get off the sauce

yep. And that goes for any qb. You could have Brady back there and it won’t matter, the culture in this clown show is that bad

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I didn't say anything about Dak winning or going to the superbowl. Try reading comprehension instead of seeing something about Dak and writing your hate about him.

You try reading comprehension. I said people and not any one person specific, and the Thread is titled: "Dak Prescott can win a super bowl." What exactly am I not comprehending? I just pointed out what Mahomes did has nothing to do with Dak.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
This game proves it.

When an offensive line and defense plays like this, what happens is....... 31-9. Even with the best QBs. I'm not saying this game is Mahomes fault or Dak > Mahomes, but he was under pressure all day, scored 0 touchdowns (in relevant time), and his defense is atrocious. Sounds like a typical Dallas Cowboys game.

Also, Dak is better than Mahomes under pressure. I'll give you the stats to prove it.
All Dak has to do is leave Dallas like all the other Super Bowl winners that are ex-Arlington Jonesboys (Ware, Hitchens, Wilson, Claiborne, etc.)