Dak Prescott Contract

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If by a lot, you mean 16 of the 56. Then yeah “a lot” were on Dak.

Meanwhile 40 sacks given up is also still too much. They underperformed by time last year. Losing Frederick hurt. Connor struggling and having to start sua filo, who is backup quality at best, also Hurt.

The problem is, when your entire offense is designed around having dominant OL play. And all your resources are poured into having dominant OL play, it really hurts when you don’t have dominant OL play.

I am optimistic the o line is much better this year.

Curious, where do you come up with the number 16? But yes, 16 is still too many.

I would not say that all of our resources are tied up in OL. I mean, we spent the 4th overall pick on a RB. We gave up our first last year for an impact WR. We have very talented Defense. To say that all our resources are tied up in the OL is an overstatement IMO.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LOL....5 games for over 300 yards passing in 54 games .....5 games!!!!
30 million QB ya right...:omg:
So you think passing yards, is the barometer of a great quarterback. Do you realize how many teams lost because they passed for so many yards. It's about balance it's not about how many yards you throw for in a game. When you have to throw that many yards usually lose my cowboy brother

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"In the games when he’s pressured often, that stats imply a switch is flipped and it turns him into a different guy. At this tipping point, he starts anticipating the pressure and forgetting everything else. After that, it doesn’t matter whether you’re pressuring him or not. He’ll respond as if you were. The team can improve OL depth and hope for better health to limit the number of games with so many pressures, but it can’t have the QB going from Jekyll to Hyde when those things fail."
There you go like I said, when pressured he goes into fear mode and sees pressure when it's there or when it's not. You have seen this from the Atlanta game from the previous year to halfway through last year.

I'm a hater.

Pay chicken little 40 million, I want to see him play behind a really bad line.
Like the year Tom Brady play behind a really bad line and was out for 6 plus games. I'd like to see any quarterback play behind a real bad line. It's funny how fast people forget. When Smith was out when Freddy was out. We actually had a bad line. He didn't do so bad.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No Eli and whoever was the QB in Washington played behind a bad offensive line. Smh We had a good offensive line. We have a quarterback that plays well with no pressure, but when he gets pressured he goes into panic mode and sees pressure everywhere.
We have a quarterback who's one of the best in the league when he's on the move. So

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LOL....tell Dak not to Panic and HOLD the ball forever......
I think this season you'll see a different quarterback in that situation. He's no longer a rookie in training. Sheesh

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
how many sacks were on the quarterback who panics and runs into pressure. HUM once he gets pressured he can't see anything. Tunnel vision, glitch, whatever you want to call it. He's got it.

Like I said with no pressure and he doesn't go into panic mode he plays well. I just hope he realizes if he costs the team money and we lose some of the offensive lines, he can take the blame.
Do you watch any other games other than the Cowboys, just curious. I see the same thing happened to every single quarterback out there. You think it's just Prescott. Let me run full speed at you see what you do.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No Eli and whoever was the QB in Washington played behind a bad offensive line. Smh We had a good offensive line. We have a quarterback that plays well with no pressure, but when he gets pressured he goes into panic mode and sees pressure everywhere.
You don't know who the quarterback was in Washington. But you recall he had a bad offensive line.

Flamma

Reaction score
Giving up 200 + yds rushing in the 1st half is more than "we lost to a better team" when it was 1 possession game. The only thing Defense had to do was give the Offense ball back, but they couldn't event stop Goff for running on them on 3rd & 9yds to go. :banghead::dance:

Dude, I know. But I'm not going to make any excuses when we get embarrassed. Garrett had us sorely prepared for yet another playoff game. Nothing much more I can say.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
You don't know who the quarterback was in Washington. But you recall he had a bad offensive line.
nice deflection. at the end of the year it was some scrub after the other guys got hurt. Now, what about the panic boy. Throw out some backhanded insults to cover for the panic boy.

In the games when he’s pressured often, that stats imply a switch is flipped and it turns him into a different guy. At this tipping point, he starts anticipating the pressure and forgetting everything else. After that, it doesn’t matter whether you’re pressuring him or not. He’ll respond as if you were.

Last edited:

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Curious, where do you come up with the number 16? But yes, 16 is still too many.
It was around that number. This guy actually breaks down the film of every sack that was considered Daks fault. He also goes down each O-lineman in his other videos.

how many sacks were on the quarterback who panics and runs into pressure. HUM once he gets pressured he can't see anything. Tunnel vision, glitch, whatever you want to call it. He's got it.

Like I said with no pressure and he doesn't go into panic mode he plays well. I just hope he realizes if he costs the team money and we lose some of the offensive lines, he can take the blame.
Watch the video above and his video on the other lineman. Dak will get paid whether yall like it or not...

Last edited:

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
I became a Cowboys fan in 2001. Here are some of the QBs Dallas has had since then: Quincy Carter, Clint Stoerner, Anthony Wright, Ryan Leaf, Chad Hutchinson, and Drew Henson. I would have loved for Dak Prescott to have been our QB from 2001-2005. Here is how Dak compares to current Hall of Fame QBs in their first three years as a starting QB:

Compared to Active Hall of Famers..*means they didn't start their rookie year

Tom Brady* 10,400 yards 71 TD 43 Turn
Drew Brees* 8,800 yards 55 TD 38 Turn
Eli Manning 8,100 yards 55 TD 46 Turn
Peyton Manning 12,500 yards 88 TD 61 Turn
Dak Prescott 11,900 yards 85 TD 26 Turn
Philip Rivers* 10,700 yards 78 TD 38 Turn
Aaron Rodgers* 13,200 yards 99 TD 32 Turn
Ben Roethlisberger 8,800 yards 58 TD 45 Turn
Russell Wilson 11,800 yards 83 TD 27 Turn

Only Peyton and Aaron Rodgers have more total yards and touchdowns than Dak in his first three years (note-I rounded to the nearest hundred for TOTAL yards). Dak also has the fewest turnovers of the group (losts fumbles and int) He compares to Russell Wilson, who had way more talent around him.

Since some of you love to compare him to Romo..Dak vs. Romo first three years
Compared to Romo

Tony Romo 10,700 yards 83 TD 50 Turn

For those of you that say that it wasn't a passing league back then...if so then why does Dak beat his fellow 2016 QBs in literally every category including total wins.
2016 Class
Jared Goff 9,800 yards 69 TD 27 Turn
Carson Wentz 10,700 yards 72 TD 31 Turn

Guys I'm not saying Dak Prescott is going to be the next Brady or Manning or heck, even Staubach or Aikman for the fact. However, would you agree that Peyton, Brady, Brees, Eli, Big Ben, Rivers, Rodgers, Rodgers, and Wilson got better after their third season? They all did. You History shows that Dak Prescott is going to be better. You can argue that Brady, Big Ben, Rivers, and Wilson had way more talent than Dak had. We are in an era where there is more money now than ever. Dallas has to literally decide if they are going to pay a QB big money after three-four seasons. He is a franchise QB who is very capable of winning a Super Bowl.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It was around that number. This guy actually breaks down the film of every sack that was considered Daks fault. He also goes down each O-lineman in his other videos.

Watch the video above and his video on the other lineman. Dak will get paid whether yall like it or not...

Yeah, I've seen this. The problem here is that it doesn't really break down audible, when Dak should have gotten out of a play and what he should have gotten them into. That's the problem with that whole, 16 thing. You don't know how many times Dak failed to actually help his OL. I don't buy into how he comes to those numbers but that's fine.

With regards to the Dak is getting paid comment, I know that was not directed at me but I would say this. Nobody is saying Dak is not getting paid. However, I would not be confident in the fact that Dak is going to get paid 30+. He will get paid but I don't think he gets paid like how he is demanding in terms of contract. JMO

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I became a Cowboys fan in 2001. Here are some of the QBs Dallas has had since then: Quincy Carter, Clint Stoerner, Anthony Wright, Ryan Leaf, Chad Hutchinson, and Drew Henson. I would have loved for Dak Prescott to have been our QB from 2001-2005. Here is how Dak compares to current Hall of Fame QBs in their first three years as a starting QB:

Compared to Active Hall of Famers..*means they didn't start their rookie year

Tom Brady* 10,400 yards 71 TD 43 Turn
Drew Brees* 8,800 yards 55 TD 38 Turn
Eli Manning 8,100 yards 55 TD 46 Turn
Peyton Manning 12,500 yards 88 TD 61 Turn
Philip Rivers* 10,700 yards 78 TD 38 Turn
Aaron Rodgers* 13,200 yards 99 TD 32 Turn
Ben Roethlisberger 8,800 yards 58 TD 45 Turn
Russell Wilson 11,800 yards 83 TD 27 Turn

Only Peyton and Aaron Rodgers have more total yards and touchdowns than Dak in his first three years (note-I rounded to the nearest hundred for TOTAL yards). Dak also has the fewest turnovers of the group (losts fumbles and int) He compares to Russell Wilson, who had way more talent around him.

Since some of you love to compare him to Romo..Dak vs. Romo first three years
Compared to Romo

Tony Romo 10,700 yards 83 TD 50 Turn

For those of you that say that it wasn't a passing league back then...if so then why does Dak beat his fellow 2016 QBs in literally every category including total wins.
2016 Class
Jared Goff 9,800 yards 69 TD 27 Turn
Carson Wentz 10,700 yards 72 TD 31 Turn

Guys I'm not saying Dak Prescott is going to be the next Brady or Manning or heck, even Staubach or Aikman for the fact. However, would you agree that Peyton, Brady, Brees, Eli, Big Ben, Rivers, Rodgers, Rodgers, and Wilson got better after their third season? They all did. You History shows that Dak Prescott is going to be better. You can argue that Brady, Big Ben, Rivers, and Wilson had way more talent than Dak had. We are in an era where there is more money now than ever. Dallas has to literally decide if they are going to pay a QB big money after three-four seasons. He is a franchise QB who is very capable of winning a Super Bowl.

If the question is, did all time great QBs get better in their third season, then that's honestly a no brainer. However, the question should be, Do you pay QBs record money before they prove they are that type of QB, because I'll guarantee, there are way, way more QBs who did not improve in their third year then QBs who did. That's the problem here. The financial security is there for Dak but he has to be patient and he has to do this in a way that will allow him to be successful. I mean, if Dak is willing to demand the money it takes to get a Zeke or a Cooper or a Smith signed, then he's not going to be as successful because he's preventing the team from building the team and Dak is not an Aaron Rogers type QB. He isn't that guy. He has to have the talent around him and he needs to understand that all of these idiots who keep telling him to go your money were never in his position. None of these guys are QBs. You don't hear, or at least I haven't heard any truly successful QBs advise Dak to go get your money. Dak can get paid and in a few years, get an even bigger contract if he plays it smart. He needs to be smart enough to allow the Cowboys to lock in the cornerstone players he needs to be successful and wait for the bigger contract that is out there for him in two years time, if he can continue to improve. The money will be bigger and the situation will be better for him. He needs to be smart.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
If the question is, did all time great QBs get better in their third season, then that's honestly a no brainer. However, the question should be, Do you pay QBs record money before they prove they are that type of QB, because I'll guarantee, there are way, way more QBs who did not improve in their third year then QBs who did. That's the problem here. The financial security is there for Dak but he has to be patient and he has to do this in a way that will allow him to be successful. I mean, if Dak is willing to demand the money it takes to get a Zeke or a Cooper or a Smith signed, then he's not going to be as successful because he's preventing the team from building the team and Dak is not an Aaron Rogers type QB. He isn't that guy. He has to have the talent around him and he needs to understand that all of these idiots who keep telling him to go your money were never in his position. None of these guys are QBs. You don't hear, or at least I haven't heard any truly successful QBs advise Dak to go get your money. Dak can get paid and in a few years, get an even bigger contract if he plays it smart. He needs to be smart enough to allow the Cowboys to lock in the cornerstone players he needs to be successful and wait for the bigger contract that is out there for him in two years time, if he can continue to improve. The money will be bigger and the situation will be better for him. He needs to be smart.
I hear you. I certainly don't think he deserves 30 mil a year. But that is what is going to happen. I'm just arguing that he is a franchise QB. I don't think any of those guys I mentioned would deserve 30 mil a year after three years. Good news is we have the O Line and Tank locked up until 2024, Leighton until 2023. Keep Zeke and choose between Amari, Byron, and Jaylon. Keep drafting well.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
I hear you. I'm certainly don't think he deserves 30 mil a year. But that is what is going to happen. I'm just arguing that he is a franchise QB. I don't think any of those guys I mentioned would deserve 30 mil a year after three years. Good news is we have the O Line and Tank locked up until 2024, Leighton until 2023. Keep Zeke and choose between Amari, Byron, and Jaylon. Keep drafting well and all will be right.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Are you that shallow, when they game plan against Ezekiel Elliott it's also a game plan against the quarterback. One reflects on the other. Unless you don't believe in teamwork. Then you don't understand the NFL at all . Quarterbacks welcome the Blitz. Look up Prescott did against Pittsburgh is Ezekiel Elliott took it to the End Zone on a screen. Please understand the game plan before you open your mouth. So I can take something at least with integrity. And yes I use that word often when people speak you either have it or you don't. Integrity it's the most important thing a person can have in this world.
Duhhhh of course game planning to take away Zeke will have an effect on Dak because when Zeke gets shut down Dak struggles. You really need to read what wrote sparky! Just like you said Dak likes zone defense and teams play more zone then man to man when Zeke is in the game. Wait til he isnt in the game and Dak is gonna see more man to man. If you dont think defensive coordinators plan to stop Zeke first than you really dont understand football and need to keep your big mouth shut.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yeah, I've seen this. The problem here is that it doesn't really break down audible, when Dak should have gotten out of a play and what he should have gotten them into. That's the problem with that whole, 16 thing. You don't know how many times Dak failed to actually help his OL. I don't buy into how he comes to those numbers but that's fine.

With regards to the Dak is getting paid comment, I know that was not directed at me but I would say this. Nobody is saying Dak is not getting paid. However, I would not be confident in the fact that Dak is going to get paid 30+. He will get paid but I don't think he gets paid like how he is demanding in terms of contract. JMO

If we are being fair. You don’t know the answer to any of these questions when you make the comment that too many of the sacks are Dak’s fault.

Yes Dak does need to be better. But they gave up 56 sacks last year. 56. Even if 20 of the sacks are Dak’s fault. 36 sacks given up is too much for the highest paid unit in the league that also has a massive amount of draft capital sunk into it. If you invest that much into an OL. They need to be way better than they were last year if you want your team to win a lot.

3 first round picks and a second round pick. 3 big contracts. Just being OK as a unit isn’t good enough of a return for that investment.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If we are being fair. You don’t know the answer to any of these questions when you make the comment that too many of the sacks are Dak’s fault.

That goes both ways for sure but lets be honest, you can see from just watching the game that there are plays where he should have audibled or just flat threw it away. The problem is that I don't know how many of those happened, not necessarily that they didn't happen.