Dak Prescott Deal "Not Close" According To Adam Schefter

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I’m not sure anyone is arguing that it doesn’t regularly happen. I think the real debate is whether it’s a good idea for teams to pay that large of a percentage of the salary cap to a specific player.
its not a good idea as IMHO it dilutes the quality of NFL play...owners, long ago wanted parity because of dominance of a few at the top. they got it...for a while. now, it seems that with escalating salaries, its difficult to have quality play and it comes down to having an elite QB. have one. you most probablyw ill succeed because you can go lighter other places. there is no denying a QB has highest impact on the game. however elite QBs are rare. at most right now 3, maybe actually just 2. so the game changed. team composition changed and next bargaining agreement may look different. because it has also created a top tier paid players, very few in the middle and mostly at the bottom.

so there maybe a market correction. somebody not willing to hand out a contract, then a few other teams not doing it and it will/may balance itself.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
your response, the very thing you said is emotional. being brainless and what the market is have nothing to do with it....its brainless to pay a QB 40M, yet its done, because its the NFL, its the QB market, the price goes up. as the cap goes up. and all 32 NFL owners are therefore sheep.

I never said I want status quo. far from it. I have said it often that its time for Dak and Cowboys depart. its good for both.

what you, me, other fans put value on a QB is irrelevant. we can argue until cows come home, that Lamb is not worth 34M a year and we shouldn't have paid more than 25. irrelevant and inconsequential. he got his contract. one could very easily argue Love is not worth 55M a year as a QB, but he got the contract. he is barely in the top 10 of QBs.

so its not projection. its understanding and separating the business landscape from fandom landscape and the two aren't equal.
I don’t expect an NFL team to operate according to my opinions.

But I’ll still express those opinions.

If we can’t do that, there’s no point in having a forum.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
its not a good idea as IMHO it dilutes the quality of NFL play...owners, long ago wanted parity because of dominance of a few at the top. they got it...for a while. now, it seems that with escalating salaries, its difficult to have quality play and it comes down to having an elite QB. have one. you most probablyw ill succeed because you can go lighter other places. there is no denying a QB has highest impact on the game. however elite QBs are rare. at most right now 3, maybe actually just 2. so the game changed. team composition changed and next bargaining agreement may look different. because it has also created a top tier paid players, very few in the middle and mostly at the bottom.

so there maybe a market correction. somebody not willing to hand out a contract, then a few other teams not doing it and it will/may balance itself.
And THAT’S what I wish the Cowboys would do.