Dak Prescott Deal "Not Close" According To Adam Schefter

fivetwos

Reaction score
It’ll get done within the week.

If they do it now it’s a few less days of Jerry being in the news, and we all know who we are dealing with.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was hoping Jerry was gonna make him do it 4 games without CeeDee.

You want Mahomes money? Mahomes did it without his WR1 (Tyreek), lost starting RB, WR corps that led league in dropped passes and was the team with a target on their backs after winning the SB.

Do what he did. BTW, Mahomes took LESS money.
That’s my position as well.

Mahomes wins Super Bowls, and he’s not making $60 million.

There’s zero reason why a player who hasn’t won a Super Bowl should make more.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The market is just out of control these days, Kirk Cousins hasn't done jack, yet he is paid beyond belief.

I don't mind Jerry taking the stand he is taking anymore, but we will probably suck in the process either way.
Perhaps it’s Dak that’s taking a stand.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Can't trade him unless he agrees to it due to no trade clause...why would he agree to go to a team that is crappy and needs a qb Mid season when he can wait until FA and choose
Could be a contending team that lost their starter.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
No, he listens to others. But he just can't let go of being the final decision maker. Which is his right as owner, but when you don't get the desired results for 28 years, something has to change....
He doesn't listen when everyone and their granny tells him to hire a GM. He needs to heed that advice if he wants a championship team. He says he does but does everything possible to make winning in the playoffs impossible. That's exactly what I mean when I say he's not listening. His ego dictates his actions, but it doesn't work.

Last edited:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Would you turn it down if you could get it?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Do you know how many make.more than mahomes? The market has nothing to do with if you have won trophies. And mahomes got an unprecedented 10 year 450M contract at the time. That's double anybody ever got up to that point.

khiladi

Reaction score
Rush’s accuracy on passes of 15+ yards was 11% lower than Dak’s and he averaged nearly 3 full YPA less on such throws.

For perspective, that’s a bigger gap on such throws than that between Patrick Mahomes and Gardner Minshew.
Of course Rush has. Mediocre arm. By “pushing the ball downfield”, I mean moving it through the air to move down the field, when they had to go aggressive.

Further, that accuracy is going to happen with a smaller sample size and you aren’t establishing any rhythm, but just taking a few random shots here and there. Dallas offense last year was averaging 21 PPG before the bye. McCarthy was intentionally getting the ball out early. They got better when the OL got consistently and protection allowed them the take more shots downfield and be successful at it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you know how many make.more than mahomes? The market has nothing to do with if you have won trophies. And mahomes got an unprecedented 10 year 450M contract at the time. That's double anybody ever got up to that point.
Feel free to rationalize it any way you’d like.

Sandyf

Reaction score

Understand your position but that is just not how things will work out.

Do you know that there are as of now 10 QBs that more dollars a year average than Mahomes? Do you know none of them have won a Super Bowl and at least 5 probably will never sniff one?

The market for the QB is insane but it is what it is and Dak is going to go from 16th to 1st either sometime in the next 2 weeks or certainly after the season by some team, maybe even Dallas. And get this, he will not be the highest paid within the year after that contract. Purdy will get north of $60 mil a year.

Deserve it, probably not. Never about that, about winning with a chance to get there. If you don't have a good/great QB then you don't stand a chance. If you say screw and start over and hopefully draft high enough to get a good one coming out of college, then great. Odds are about 5 percent in hitting on the right one. We could cycle through the Quincy Carters of the draft for 5 or so years before we maybe hit on a draft pick or undrafted guy and suffer through 5-13 seasons (yes we will be at 18 games a year soon).

If we sign Dak to say a $58 million a year in next couple of weeks and we are 12-5 or 13-5 with a chance to win in the playoffs, I'll take in any day over being the Giants or any of those other poor teams looking for a QB.

Your position is your position, and respect it, just don't agree with it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Understand your position but that is just not how things will work out.

Do you know that there are as of now 10 QBs that more dollars a year average than Mahomes? Do you know none of them have won a Super Bowl and at least 5 probably will never sniff one?

The market for the QB is insane but it is what it is and Dak is going to go from 16th to 1st either sometime in the next 2 weeks or certainly after the season by some team, maybe even Dallas. And get this, he will not be the highest paid within the year after that contract. Purdy will get north of $60 mil a year.

Deserve it, probably not. Never about that, about winning with a chance to get there. If you don't have a good/great QB then you don't stand a chance. If you say screw and start over and hopefully draft high enough to get a good one coming out of college, then great. Odds are about 5 percent in hitting on the right one. We could cycle through the Quincy Carters of the draft for 5 or so years before we maybe hit on a draft pick or undrafted guy and suffer through 5-13 seasons (yes we will be at 18 games a year soon).

If we sign Dak to say a $58 million a year in next couple of weeks and we are 12-5 or 13-5 with a chance to win in the playoffs, I'll take in any day over being the Giants or any of those other poor teams looking for a QB.

Your position is your position, and respect it, just don't agree with it.
It’s not how I expect it to work. It’s just how I would handle it.

I fully expect the Jones boys to screw it ip.