Dak Prescott Deal "Not Close" According To Adam Schefter

mardwin

Reaction score
A journeyman QB had no problem tossing to Mike Evans and going further than Dak last year on a middling Bucs team.

Also, CeeDee put up similar numbers when Rush played QB. Facts are your friends.
There are people that don't understand what facts are... But they always tell the truth.

mardwin

Reaction score
Dak has no incentive to sign for anything less than what he thinks he can get on the open market. I guess him and his agent beleive the 50M in endorsements he rakes in every year will simply follow him to wherever he lands.
Lol... They are going to learn. Once he lives Dallas his *** will be less known than the guy who plays QB for Arizona.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Hmm i mean google is your friend, and it has the facts..you sure what you said is a fact?
Ok (sigh) once again I have to lay down the facts for the blind Dakstan/jealous girlfriends/Dakfirst fans here:

2022 Cee Dee #s

5 games with Cooper Rush:
31 catches/380 yards

12 games with the bestest QB ever who's worth 60 million:
76 catches/979 yards

Extrapolating both #s for a full 17 game season:
With Rush: 105 catches/1,292 yards
With DakkyPoo: 107 catches/1,386 yards

So...almost identical #s. And this was 2022 while CeeDee was not quite elite.
The noodle arm, couple million a year scrub backup, who Dakstans said sucked, was able to be as productive as the 150 million dollar choker.

Now bookmark this Stans - I'm weary of schooling you junior high kids

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
See similar results!
yeah, but its NFL. if Kirk can get over 200M in money for average results, then it tells you more about NFL market than anything. right now. there 8 QBs that make over 50 AAV. three that make 55M (love included). 16 that make over 40M.

its the NFL QB market. and similar to WRs its just going to go up.

this is not advocating if Dak should or should not get a contract. I am at a point with cowboys, that I just don't give a **** any more. but more the state of NFL QB market.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Feel free to rationalize it any way you’d like.
who is rationalizing. I am just stating facts, but it doesn't fit your narrative so you call it me rationalizing.

fans are emotional about their teams. there is no other way. it is an emotional attachment. its very difficult to separate emotions from actuals and factuals. the market, the way the market for anyone is percieved is irrelevant and completely detached from what any fans feel about the contracts or players.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Ok (sigh) once again I have to lay down the facts for the blind Dakstan/jealous girlfriends/Dakfirst fans here:

2022 Cee Dee #s

31 catches/380 yards

76 catches/979 yards

The noodle arm, couple million a year scrub backup, who Dakstans said sucked, was able to be as productive as the 150 million dollar choker.

extrapolation doesn't work. can we take for example the first 5 games of 2022 when Dak got hurt and extrapolate to a season? it would have shattered all kinds of offensive records. would that be fair?

the fact is teams caught up to Rush quickly once there was more samples and he started to struggle. his completion rate dropped. his total completions dropped and soon after teams would just roll coverage more to Lamb and blanket him and force Rush to go to other WRs. he showed a lot of struggles there.

Dak had more willingness and ability to go to other recievers. with Rush, dallas had 22nd ranked offense in every statistical category. that wasn't going to be sustainable unless the defense would keep up.

this is not to Defend Dak. its just reality. I think you need to go back to school, but before you do calm your emotions....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...sons-contracts-not-any-closer-after-lamb-deal

Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Cowboys are not "any closer" to extending Prescott or Parsons.
"It has not felt like there's been a real sense of urgency to get a deal done," Schefter said on SportsCenter. "And the urgency helped them today with CeeDee Lamb, but it has not really been there, nor should it be there with Dak Prescott nor Micah Parsons. So those two situations continue to linger on. And now that Dallas has reached the agreement with CeeDee Lamb, it can take some of the attention that it was devoting to their wide receiver and now begin to focus it on the quarterback and the elite defensive player that Micah Parsons is.

"But it doesn't appear at this time that a deal with either one of those players—Parsons or Prescott—is any closer despite the fact that CeeDee Lamb now has an agreement to keep him in Dallas for the next five years."
if the contract gets signed, it will be fun watching the emotional anti Dak's heads explode..

I don't care one way or the other if this deal gets done. don't care about cowboys this year. I am done with jerry. but the head explosion is going to be funny.

phildadon86

Reaction score

2022 Cee Dee #s

31 catches/380 yards

76 catches/979 yards

why did you leave touchdowns out of your "equation"?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Did you know that CeeDee never had a 100 yard game with Rush. Please look at the game stats before you post.
Sure he did, against Minnesota. The averages from his 6 games with Rush converted to a whole season come out to 105 catches and 1400 yards. Now its fair to argue that over the course of a full season those numbers wouldnt hold up, but Lamb had plenty of success during this time and certainly isn't a strong QB dependent WR to get his numbers.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
who is rationalizing. I am just stating facts, but it doesn't fit your narrative so you call it me rationalizing.

fans are emotional about their teams. there is no other way. it is an emotional attachment. its very difficult to separate emotions from actuals and factuals. the market, the way the market for anyone is percieved is irrelevant and completely detached from what any fans feel about the contracts or players.
Projecting now?

I guess I should have expected that.

There’s nothing emotional about my position at all. To suggest so is attempting to be dismissive. Fail.

The fact is that simply following the market and being just the next team to overpay their quarterback is brainless. Sheep blindly follow.

If you want status quo, do what everyone else does. If you want excellence, forge the path. Innovate. It’s what this team did in it’s early years, and a big part of their success.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Projecting now?

I guess I should have expected that.

There’s nothing emotional about my position at all. To suggest so is attempting to be dismissive. Fail.

The fact is that simply following the market and being just the next team to overpay their quarterback is brainless. Sheep blindly follow.

If you want status quo, do what everyone else does. If you want excellence, forge the path. Innovate. It’s what this team did in it’s early years, and a big part of their success.
your response, the very thing you said is emotional. being brainless and what the market is have nothing to do with it....its brainless to pay a QB 40M, yet its done, because its the NFL, its the QB market, the price goes up. as the cap goes up. and all 32 NFL owners are therefore sheep.

I never said I want status quo. far from it. I have said it often that its time for Dak and Cowboys depart. its good for both.

what you, me, other fans put value on a QB is irrelevant. we can argue until cows come home, that Lamb is not worth 34M a year and we shouldn't have paid more than 25. irrelevant and inconsequential. he got his contract. one could very easily argue Love is not worth 55M a year as a QB, but he got the contract. he is barely in the top 10 of QBs.

so its not projection. its understanding and separating the business landscape from fandom landscape and the two aren't equal.

Verdict

Reaction score
If he struggles in potentially playoff games again, then it'll either save you money, or you'll get him at what you were probably going to pay now. If he's in a position where he's going to command more money, that means he either won us something or got us close enough. In that case I'd pay him.

Sorry no team is giving 1/3 of their cap space to a guy that hasn't won anything, and is on the other side of 30. Idc how bad their qb situation is.
Well, a team “might” including the Cowboys. That doesn’t change the fact that it would most likely be a really poor decision to do so.

Verdict

Reaction score
your response, the very thing you said is emotional. being brainless and what the market is have nothing to do with it....its brainless to pay a QB 40M, yet its done, because its the NFL, its the QB market, the price goes up. as the cap goes up. and all 32 NFL owners are therefore sheep.

I never said I want status quo. far from it. I have said it often that its time for Dak and Cowboys depart. its good for both.

what you, me, other fans put value on a QB is irrelevant. we can argue until cows come home, that Lamb is not worth 34M a year and we shouldn't have paid more than 25. irrelevant and inconsequential. he got his contract. one could very easily argue Love is not worth 55M a year as a QB, but he got the contract. he is barely in the top 10 of QBs.

so its not projection. its understanding and separating the business landscape from fandom landscape and the two aren't equal.
I’m not sure anyone is arguing that it doesn’t regularly happen. I think the real debate is whether it’s a good idea for teams to pay that large of a percentage of the salary cap to a specific player.