Dak Prescott deep ball to Gallup

Kevinicus

Reaction score
That would be incomplete unless Gallup was 10 ft. tall. If you think the trolls have been the realistic side you're more clueless than I thought. The dude I first responded to used this as evidence that Dak always misses Gallup. That really happened. People that support Dak saying he's perfect? That never happened. See how the two sides aren't comparable?

Now about that crow

No, it would not. It would have been in stride. Gallup had to slow down a lot to make his attempted adjustment.

Dak has a history of missing Gallup. That's true. He's been better this year, that doesn't mean someone can't reference that history, especially when this year is only 2 games thus far.

Being unwilling to acknowledge Dak can make a mistake is suggesting his is perfect and hero worship.

cguy610

Reaction score
No, it would not. It would have been in stride. Gallup had to slow down a lot to make his attempted adjustment.

Dak has a history of missing Gallup. That's true. He's been better this year, that doesn't mean someone can't reference that history, especially when this year is only 2 games thus far.

Being unwilling to acknowledge Dak can make a mistake is suggesting his is perfect and hero worship.

Gallop runs terrible routes, that's why it mostly happens with Gallop.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score

I think you might need to take a physics class. Space and time both seem to be out of your grasp. Oh well continue to school me oh great one. Tell me again how Dak sucks and will never be a franchise QB. Didn't realize you already had made this your go to for Dak criticism after he made you look foolish these last two weeks but I see that you were making this same tired argument during the game thread because that's how you enjoy wins. That's not psychotic at all. I know how much you enjoy being wrong and condescending so I'll let you have it.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

No, it wouldn't have been in stride because it was to the outside of Gallup's path. But it was definitely a ball Gallup could have adjusted to, and just didn't do very well. In short, the Cowboys didn't execute as well as they could have at both ends. But more important than that is that it's a miniscule concern. Perfection doesn't exist in the NFL, and it was merely one play in the game, and one of only 4 passes the QB and receiver did not connect on.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
No, it wouldn't have been in stride because it was to the outside of Gallup's path. But it was definitely a ball Gallup could have adjusted to, and just didn't do very well. In short, the Cowboys didn't execute as well as they could have at both ends. But more important than that is that it's a miniscule concern. Perfection doesn't exist in the NFL, and it was merely one play in the game, and one of only 4 passes the QB and receiver did not connect on.
Dak's haters have proven they can be critical even of perfection. They've confused objectivity with bias. They're a sad bunch.

12+88=7

Reaction score
That would be incomplete unless Gallup was 10 ft. tall. If you think the trolls have been the realistic side you're more clueless than I thought. The dude I first responded to used this as evidence that Dak always misses Gallup. That really happened. People that support Dak saying he's perfect? That never happened. See how the two sides aren't comparable?

Now about that crow

What he is trying to say that you are missing is, if the pass isn't underthrown and is more to the numbers instead of the sideline, Gallup than doesn't have to slow down and turn to catch the ball making him make an awkward attempt for a catch.

Could Gallup and should Gallup have caught the pass, yes.

But if the pass were placed as described above, it would have been an in stride TD with Norman trailing, just like the Street TD.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What he is trying to say that you are missing is, if the pass isn't underthrown and is more to the numbers instead of the sideline, Gallup than doesn't have to slow down and turn to catch the ball making him make an awkward attempt for a catch.

But if the pass were placed as described above, it would have been an in stride TD with Norman trailing, just like the Street TD.
This is what I've been saying - it wasn't a good throw by Dak, but Gallup still had a chance to make the play and was unable to. Both fell short of what they could have done.

What I'm puzzled about is why this is such a big topic for some. So they missed on one play. Obviously that is going to happen, and does in every game with every team.

12+88=7

Reaction score
This is what I've been saying - it wasn't a good throw by Dak, but Gallup still had a chance to make the play and was unable to. Both fell short of what they could have done.

What I'm puzzled about is why this is such a big topic for some. So they missed on one play. Obviously that is going to happen, and does in every game with every team.

Because it doesn't become about the play, it is a perceived attack on Prescott. Than all rational thought goes out the window.

It's like I said, the Borg. The drones in the collective circle the wagons to protect their Queen.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I saw it. Wasn’t the best pass. But Gallup didn’t do his part either. These are early season quips that get fixed as the season rolls on.

Allow the Dak haters to present this as totally Dak’s fault. And Dak lovers to point fingers at Gallup. It was close either way. When Gallup comes back healthy, and Dak continues the 2019-20 journey, it’ll get better.

That is all it boils down too.
Thank you for responding. With an open mind. I know people have agendas. And that makes it hard to get a real answer.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I think you might need to take a physics class. Space and time both seem to be out of your grasp. Oh well continue to school me oh great one. Tell me again how Dak sucks and will never be a franchise QB. Didn't realize you already had made this your go to for Dak criticism after he made you look foolish these last two weeks but I see that you were making this same tired argument during the game thread because that's how you enjoy wins. That's not psychotic at all. I know how much you enjoy being wrong and condescending so I'll let you have it.
Funny, I was going to mention how you fail to grasp physics at all. The irony. I suggest you brush up on speed/acceleration/momentum type of material so that you'll have a better grasp of how physics applies to football and this play.

Tired argument? I made a factual argument because someone made a false claim. You guys and your sycophant attitude is pretty disturbing.

I have been extremely complimentary of Dak the past two weeks, but for some reason, that's not enough for you obsessed fans. Nope, Dak must be declared perfect, and any hint of criticism or acknowledgement of wrongdoing must be squashed! It's extremely disturbing behavior.

cguy610

Reaction score

The majority of deep passes completed in the NFL are slightly underthrown to underthrown but NFL receivers track the ball in the air and adjust to make the catch without losing track of the ball in the air.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

It hasn't been a big topic except for some reason there is a group that is completely unable to find an ounce of fault with Dak. All of us who acknowledge that Dak did not make a great throw also acknowledge that Dak played well. There is nobody complaining about his performance, but some people just can't handle anyone not saying he is flawless.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because it doesn't become about the play, it is a perceived attack on Prescott. Than all rational thought goes out the window.

It's like I said, the Borg. The drones in the collective circle the wagons to protect their Queen.
Both sides are guilty of this kind of thing. Some look for anything they can twist into an attack, and some are unwilling to admit when the guy they like makes a mistake. In this case there is nothing for either side to make an issue of.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I was saying it would have been in stride if the ball had been more out in front of Gallup (and "more inside" of where it was thrown). In other words, in his path.
I agree, it was just one play. It happens. Dak and the offense had a good game.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Dak didn't make an optimal throw. Gallup still should have been able to make the catch. It was just a case of miscommunication on them both. Anyone trying to make it all one person's fault has an agenda.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It hasn't been a big topic except for some reason there is a group that is completely unable to find an ounce of fault with Dak. All of us who acknowledge that Dak did not make a great throw also acknowledge that Dak played well. There is nobody complaining about his performance, but some people just can't handle anyone not saying he is flawless.
And there are some hell bent on finding fault with Dak - there are unreasonable people on either side.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak didn't make an optimal throw. Gallup still should have been able to make the catch. It was just a case of miscommunication on them both. Anyone trying to make it all one person's fault has an agenda.
Or really anybody's fault for that matter. Sure both could have done a better job, but the Cowboys completed 87% of their passes Sunday, so nitpicking one missed play is pretty much nonsense.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

And arguing with folks when he does make a rare mistake reeks of a devil worshiper.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
And there are some hell bent on finding fault with Dak - there are unreasonable people on either side.
I think the ones finding fault are only responding to those who refuse to acknowledge any (on this matter).

Kevinicus

Reaction score
And arguing with folks when he does make a rare mistake reeks of a devil worshiper.
As usual, this is not logical and fits your model of attacking people with hate, because that's all you have.

When people make a false claim, pointing out that it is false is nothing resembling devil worship.

You need to seek help.