Dak Prescott desperately needs to win Sunday

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
1-7 (including playoffs) as an underdog the last 4 seasons. He is an underdog Sunday.

I'm sure his internet guards will come in and try to say that number doesn't matter but it does and it's undisputable.

Unless he's just going to have an entire career beating bad to average teams which will get you to the playoffs but no where in the long run. We already been there done that with Romo.
If the Cowboys lose, our field general will cement his reputation as a big-game choker.
This game will pretty much determine our place in the NFC East and a loss endangers any home field playoffs games.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
1-7 (including playoffs) as an underdog the last 4 seasons. He is an underdog Sunday.

I'm sure his internet guards will come in and try to say that number doesn't matter but it does and it's undisputable.

Unless he's just going to have an entire career beating bad to average teams which will get you to the playoffs but no where in the long run. We already been there done that with Romo.
A win would get the haters off his back....

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If the Cowboys lose, our field general will cement his reputation as a big-game choker.
This game will pretty much determine our place in the NFC East and a loss endangers any home field playoffs games.
Do they care? Or do we wish they care?

These Cowboys better be ready, stop getting punked by that team. Win the game, come back to TX, let that city fight each other about why they lost...the general will determine the outcome. Here we go...

nobody

Reaction score
The COWBOYS need to win. The defense needs to feast. The O-line needs to protect. Receivers need to run the right routes and get open. Dak needs to read the field and play well too. The team needs to come together in big moments and stop falling apart like a bunch of pansies when it matters most.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
But to be fair, If the Cowboys win, I will praise Dak and rethink me concerns about him.

ArtClink

Reaction score

First Dak won our first road playoff game since Aikman (Romo spit the bit in playoffs).

Dak needs to win a Div playoff game and a win Sun would be nice.

How bout them Rangers!!

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

Enough already. Win or lose there is a lot of season left and win or lose Dak Prescott is a very good NFL quarterback. I notice the national media has abandoned Prescott and Hurts as significant now that Purdy is not the best thing since oxygen. The NFC gets no respect. This game means a lot to the Cowboys and the Eagles, but no matter how it turns out neither team will be highly regarded like Baltimore (the new darling), Kansas City (the old darling), Cincinnati, Miami and I’m sure some other AFC team…like the Chargers whose quarterback is nowhere near as good as Prescott or Hurts, but he’s in the AFC. It will be a great game. Two good teams. Two very (very) good quarterbacks.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Typical Dak homer stance. " Hey ! he's top 15 !'

there are only 30 QB's !!

So he is in the 50% range .

What in real life do you say to self .. " wow I am elite because Im better than half but worse than half ?? "

That's whats NONSENSE
Typical idiot stance on Dak, clueless about football

Mr_437

Reaction score
Dak is and will be judged by Playoff games, say whatever you need to to hype up about a regular season game, but this 1 game in 17. Sure they need to win, but I'm mostly concerned about December/January Dak.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
The Team needs a win. Not sure i'd say desperately though.
I kinda agree.. would be great if they won.. but Im not jumping of any tall buildings if they lose.

Ive always been a bit "iffy" about beating a div rival twice and then playing off in the playoffs.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dak desperately needs to win Sunday but in reality it will mean nothing other than 1 win. He always plays the Eagles tough but can't win a playoff game against a tough opponent. As a matter of fact he doesn't even show up. He crumbles under the weight of the game. Dak has a chance Sunday but if this were a win and your in the playoffs game against Wentz and some WRs off the street the Cowboys offense would score 9 points. Oh wait! That already happened! Lol what a disappointment.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I just hope the offense doesn't start the game with 8 consecutive 3 and outs.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
He'll be who many of us already figured out that he is. Can't win a big game Dak.
What qualifies as a big game? And why when the Cowboys lose it's only Dak? Will he be the only Cowboy out there Sunday?

So if Dak passes for 355 yards and 4 TD's, the defense gets torched, and Dallas loses 42-38, it's "can't win a big game Dak?"

I love how fans assign wins to the team and losses to the quarterback. Let's be real for a change and assign wins and losses both to the team.

meddleroidz

Reaction score
I was gonna post this earlier but ….. meh

cowboys last SB was 30 years ago, eagles been in 3 in the last 20, great job dallas! hey its 20-21 for dallas in the last 41, where's the ownage jackass? its been a dead heat for 20 years, cowboys do better for their talent vs eagles thats true but the cowboys just suck against great teams non eagles like brady teams, 49ers, gl vs the chiefs btw if you reach the SB even.

plasticman

Reaction score
Whether Dak or the Cowboys "need" this game remains to be seen. I've seen teams lose to the same divisional opponent in both games only to still win the division. I've seen teams lose twice to a division rival and then beat them in the playoffs.

Dak doesn't need to win a game unless the entire team needs to win it. Dak doesn't care about public perception; he knows that has nothing to do with winning a championship game.

And every NFL player knows that you are one play away from being booed as a bum to being cheered as a hero.....and visa versa.

The games that "need" to be won will be played in December and January.