Dak Prescott desperately needs to win Sunday

zeroburrito

Reaction score
we are a much weaker team on the road. only way it's a win is if they turn the ball over a few times.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Dak's track record is what it is, not sure he can stop choking the big games but he sure looked good last week against soft coverage. He generally does well against those Eagles too. At the same time Jerry and the clown show needs to quit skimping on the OL. I'm so sick of that. It took forever until Garrett came along and built up the OL so we could run the ball and now we're back where we started, an old sick OL getting bullied in the trenches and the QB is under constant duress.
It could be that the weakened OL (as you say), is actually a strategy...... forcing Dak to move rather than stand in the pocket and waiting for the anxiety to mount as he can find an open receiver. He certainly gave us another dimension, whether by design or necessity, with him getting flushed out of the pocket.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Our season and especially our postseason does not depend on a win Sunday. It’s a statement game but every game is important.

Look at the 49ers for example. They blew us out in the “regular season Super Bowl” and lost 3 straight. Now we’re in better shape than they are. This season has been the best example of the saying it’s a week to week league. This is a big game for standings and division but it’s not a desperation game. Those are playoff elimination games. They get the desperate label IMO.

This will be a fun game though and I game I have a hunch we’ll win.
Yep and in some ways the pressure's off and we could make an argument that with both teams having tough schedules (and a return game at AT) that the pressure's actually on the Eagles. Even in defeat we just need to show we can compete, exorcise the ghost of the 9ers capitulation.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The title says "Dak Prescott

The title says "Dak Prescott desperately need to win Sunday".....

Did Dak become a boxer, tennis player, wrestler or race car driver since last week?

I'm not sure how much you know about football or how many games you've watched, but Dak plays quarterback on offense. He doesn't play on defense or special teams. It takes all of these components together to contribute in a football game to win it. Have you ever heard coaches say "we have to win in ALL THREE phases of the game to win"?

Each team's quarterback only participates in ONE phase of the game. Not alone, but with 10 other players.

There's a reason there are 52 other guys on the sideline that's dressed in the same uniforms as the quarterbacks on every team.

They're called teammates.
Why is the QB the highest paid player on the team if they don't "play on defense or special teams"?

You negotiate/battle for 25% of the teams cap, The rest of the team averages 2% each. When you are paid literally 24x of the average of the rest of your teammates you have to come up big, in big games.

If you can take that heat, get out of the kitchen or play for less cap %. .

GINeric

Reaction score
Why is the QB the highest paid player on the team if they don't "play on defense or special teams"?

You negotiate/battle for 25% of the teams cap, The rest of the team averages 2% each. When you are paid literally 24x of the average of the rest of your teammates you have to come up big, in big games.

If you can take that heat, get out of the kitchen or play for less cap %. .

Yes, EACH and EVERY quarterback has to come up big, no question. But again, every quarterback only plays one phase of an entire TEAM game.

As far as "getting paid"....

There are many quarterbacks who make much more than Dak, and some haven't even won a playoff game yet. Out of all the quarterbacks in the NFL who have max-dollar contracts..... other than Mahomes, and MAYBE Joe Burrow, what other quarterbacks are TRULY playing up to the level of their contracts???

While you come up with that answer, name me a human being that will not accept a max contract as an athlete??? Dak and other quarterbacks didn't invent the high dollar contract scale, the quarterback market itself did.

shabazz

Reaction score
Yes, EACH and EVERY quarterback has to come up big, no question. But again, every quarterback only plays one phase of an entire TEAM game.

As far as "getting paid"....

There are many quarterbacks who make much more than Dak, and some haven't even won a playoff yet. Out of all the quarterbacks in the NFL who have max-dollar contracts..... other than Mahomes, and MAYBE Joe Burrow, what other quarterbacks are TRULY playing up to the level of their contracts???

While you come up with that answer, name me a human being that will not accept a max contract as an athlete??? Dak and other quarterbacks didn't invent the high dollar contract scale, the quarterback market itself did.
I’d say we have to include Lamar Jackson…..dude lays it on the line with his body every game

phildadon86

Reaction score
I've posted the graphic multiple times liar.

NTL9NUL.png
Ohhhh we are only doing the last 4 years LOL.

Just eliminate his best seasons to fit yor narrative.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
1-7 (including playoffs) as an underdog the last 4 seasons. He is an underdog Sunday.

I'm sure his internet guards will come in and try to say that number doesn't matter but it does and it's undisputable.

Unless he's just going to have an entire career beating bad to average teams which will get you to the playoffs but no where in the long run. We already been there done that with Romo.
Nobody needs anything desperately right now we play them twice

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm a homer, but it does matter. This is a game where he and the entire team needs to man up
I think this game is coming down to coaching more than anything else. We can’t have any mistakes.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I only have two on ignore. I’m wondering why I torture myself reading things from inept people
yeah ,unfortunately my patience level goes really thin I bet I have a record number of people on my ignore list... Kudos to you for having patience... there's a reason they have block and ignore features on social-media lol

starfan1

Reaction score
I'm a homer, but it does matter. This is a game where he and the entire team needs to man up
Exactly the losses that have taken place in these suppose big games were TEAM losses
Yeah and many of those teams were awful. This team has won I think 22 out of 27 of their last games including playoffs last year. One loss was where Hurts sat because they wrapped up #1 seed and we won in Dallas. Dak did not face Hurts last season at all.

But ok then what you're saying is it should be no problem for Dak to win Sunday. I hope you're right.
This is the narrative thats false. Its a TEAM game. Dak can play lights out and we could still lose. Dak could also have a bad day and we can win. Too many agenda driven posters consider this a dak thing and its not. Hes part of the issue but its been a SKELATOR thing.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Dak Prescott desperately needs to win Sunday​

November 5, 2023. A day that will live in NFL infamy.

It was the day Dak Prescott kicked off, the ball landed at the Philly 30-yard line, and he was run over as the Eagles scored their first touchdown.

It was Philadelphia's first of two touchdowns that fateful day. Nick Sirianni laughed as he had his kickoff team kick deep. Prescott did not return the kick, instead allowing the kick to pass through the endzone. His nightmare continued though as he endured three straight sacks 0.5 seconds after each snap.

Then the nightmare finally ended as Prescott attempted to punt on 4th-and-13. The kick was blocked! The Eagles ran the ball back for the final score. Prescott sat on the field, watching the Philly players do the hula. His other ankle shattered. Foot hanging like a wet noodle.

Mike McCarthy found a white towel and threw it. The officials called the game. A forfeit. The league's second in over a century.

Dr. Jerry Jones met with the media outside the hospital where Prescott was transported. Solemn, he described the x-rays as 'horrific'.

The full team took on the New York Giants the following week. Cooper Rush passed for 632 yards, nine touchdowns with zero interceptions. Dallas won 91-3.

No one thought of Dak Prescott as the team proceeded to win the Super Bowl. He watched the game from his Sleep Number bed...

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Dak Prescott desperately needs to win on Sunday

wrong, the team does. sheesh. quarterbacks win nothing, or has that changed and the wins are the quarterbacks and the losses are on the team?

uvaballa

Reaction score
The team needs to win. Dak just needs to play well, which he normally does against the birds.

starfan1

Reaction score
November 5, 2023. A day that will live in NFL infamy.

It was the day Dak Prescott kicked off, the ball landed at the Philly 30-yard line, and he was run over as the Eagles scored their first touchdown.

It was Philadelphia's first of two touchdowns that fateful day. Nick Sirianni laughed as he had his kickoff team kick deep. Prescott did not return the kick, instead allowing the kick to pass through the endzone. His nightmare continued though as he endured three straight sacks 0.5 seconds after each snap.

Then the nightmare finally ended as Prescott attempted to punt on 4th-and-13. The kick was blocked! The Eagles ran the ball back for the final score. Prescott sat on the field, watching the Philly players do the hula. His other ankle shattered. Foot hanging like a wet noodle.

Mike McCarthy found a white towel and threw it. The officials called the game. A forfeit. The league's second in over a century.

Dr. Jerry Jones met with the media outside the hospital where Prescott was transported. Solemn, he described the x-rays as 'horrific'.

The full team took on the New York Giants the following week. Cooper Rush passed for 632 yards, nine touchdowns with zero interceptions. Dallas won 91-3.

No one thought of Dak Prescott as the team proceeded to win the Super Bowl. He watched the game from his Sleep Number bed...
Not sure how long it took you but this post well worth time. Kudos!

Cmac

Reaction score
Funny none of you ever say that when someone points out that Dak is 8-3 against the Eagles. It's only when it's something negative about Dak it's a team game but Dak deserves all the credit for beating the Eagles BY HIMSELF I guess LMAO. Too many Dak only fans.
Understandable.......you have me mistaken on how I view wins & losses for the team. I go by the Eye test and see 21 other players touching the field, just like Dak.