Dak Prescott = Draymond Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

khiladi

Reaction score
Rule changes mean something in the NBA, so no, that game is a lot closer than you think. No one on the Warriors could go toe to toe in the paint against Moses. Moses owned Kareem, so I think he'd do okay against Green. Oh, the Sixers had this guy named Bobby Jones, who is probably along with Pippen the best defenders at the 3 and 4 in NBA history. Dennis Rodman is the guy I compare Green too, and 8x all-NBA defensive guy with five rings. He is in the HoF. Green needs a few more rings/DPOY to be a lock. If ytou don't understand that, then you are the one who doesn't know basketball.

OKC, when they blew the 3-1 lead, gave major rebounding problems for GS and that carried through into the Finals series when Boghut got injured and Iggy hurt his back. TT was killing them on the boards along with Love in games 6 and 7.

As much as I love Green, Moses Malone would own Green on the boards and in the paint. Green’s advantage isn’t his ability to get out quickly in transition as a four, rotating quickly and help defense, as well as good on the perimeter at defending.

khiladi

Reaction score
I do think Green is a lock for the HOF now, just considering how the NBA voting is. Kukoc was just voted in a couple years back and rightly so and the influence of Green on the Warriors is more pronounced, though Kukoc also has the Euro career.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Voters look at points and boards from different positions. There are very few players in the Basketball HoF with that poor offensive output and rebounding, so your precedent cuts both ways my friend. Mo CHeeks got in because he was the engine behind what is still considered one of the NBA's greatest teams ever, the 83 Sixers. Vlade got in because...hmm, international stuff I suppose and he's a Laker. If Green's career ended today he is not in the HoF. If he gets another two rings and two more DPOY's, he's probably in even with his rather pedestrian scoring and rebounding numbers.

Vlade got in because no one could flop better.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
I do think Green is a lock for the HOF now, just considering how the NBA voting is. Kukoc was just voted in a couple years back and rightly so and the influence of Green on the Warriors is more pronounced, though Kukoc also has the Euro career.
Not yet. There are actually a number of posts about this on the RealGM boards, and those guys really know their stuff. Majority opinion is that Green needs a a few more accolades, a la Rodman, to get in. He probably will get in once his resume builds up a bit more, because as of right now he would have the second lowest scoring average of anyone in the HoF.

Nav22

Reaction score
Rule changes mean something in the NBA, so no, that game is a lot closer than you think. No one on the Warriors could go toe to toe in the paint against Moses. Moses owned Kareem, so I think he'd do okay against Green. Oh, the Sixers had this guy named Bobby Jones, who is probably along with Pippen the best defenders at the 3 and 4 in NBA history. Dennis Rodman is the guy I compare Green too, and 8x all-NBA defensive guy with five rings. He is in the HoF. Green needs a few more rings/DPOY to be a lock. If ytou don't understand that, then you are the one who doesn't know basketball.
LOL it’s so cute that you think history will remember the ‘83 Sixers on the same level as a team that just went to 5 straight Finals and won 3 rings, including a 73-win season.

Oh, no!! Not Bobby Jones!!!

How would Steph, Klay, KD and Draymond EVER be able to handle THE GREAT Bobby Jones!?!?

Old-timers stuck in the past are adorable.

“Rule changes”, huh? So they have to play with 1983 rules to give Philly a shot? Should they remove the 3-point line to make it even more “fair”?

What about if they played with 2019 rules?
:lmao2:

Way to shy away from the Cheeks comparison. Rodman got in on the 1st ballot. There is no planet in which Cheeks is a HOFer and Green isn’t, but by all means, keep exposing yourself.
:thumbup:

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
They are both Super Elite role players who benefit from playing with elite talent. Draymond: Curry, Klay, and Kerr’s offensive system/coaching.
Dak: Zeke, Amari, and the o-line.
This is insulting to Draymond.

He is a legit top 20 talent in the NBA.

Dak.....is not.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Draymond Green signed a contract that is significantly below the new NBA maximum contract. He did that because he doesn’t want to get exposed by playing on poor team.
Draymond Green signed the max contract he was eligible for....

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
LOL it’s so cute that you think history will remember the ‘83 Sixers on the same level as a team that just went to 5 straight Finals and won 3 rings, including a 73-win season.

Oh, no!! Not Bobby Jones!!!

How would Steph, Klay, KD and Draymond EVER be able to handle THE GREAT Bobby Jones!?!?

Old-timers stuck in the past are adorable.

“Rule changes”, huh? So they have to play with 1983 rules to give Philly a shot? Should they remove the 3-point line to make it even more “fair”?

What about if they played with 2019 rules?

Way to shy away from the Cheeks comparison. Rodman got in on the 1st ballot. There is no planet in which Cheeks is a HOFer and Green isn’t, but by all means, keep exposing yourself.
The fact that you can diss Bobby Jones shows off your lack of knowledge. Have fun with yourself.

Nav22

Reaction score
The fact that you can diss Bobby Jones shows off your lack of knowledge. Have fun with yourself.
Says the old clown who thinks the 1983 76ers can match up with the Warriors dynasty.

“ONE CHAMPIONSHIP IS JUST AS GOOD AS THREE!”

Yay, BOBBY JONES!!! He’d lock up Steph, Klay and Durant ALL BY HIMSELF!!!

jnday

Reaction score
Draymond is a lock to be in the HOF one day. Cute that he’s a “role player” to you.

I’m sorry that the Warriors have been kicking the crap out of whatever team you root for.

I’m sorry that Draymond has punked your favorite players for the last 5 years.

You’re clearly bitter.
You are clearly bitter that Dak has returned to playing on the same level that you have repeatedly denied that he is capable of playing. I am not posting to call you out or to rub it in, but to remind you that Dak is not the QB that Dallas needs to be Super Bowl contenders. To the Dak haters credit, we have not celebrated his horrible play because we don’t like to see the Cowboys lose. The Cowboys winning means more to us than any player like Dak. We see Dak as one of the weak points that prevents Dallas from winning the big games, which explains our negative feelings towards him. By the way, I didn’t even feel the need to sent a personal insult your way, though I expect you not to do the same.

Nav22

Reaction score
You are clearly bitter that Dak has returned to playing on the same level that you have repeatedly denied that he is capable of playing. I am not posting to call you out or to rub it in, but to remind you that Dak is not the QB that Dallas needs to be Super Bowl contenders. To the Dak haters credit, we have not celebrated his horrible play because we don’t like to see the Cowboys lose. The Cowboys winning means more to us than any player like Dak. We see Dak as one of the weak points that prevents Dallas from winning the big games, which explains our negative feelings towards him. By the way, I didn’t even feel the need to sent a personal insult your way, though I expect you not to do the same.
LOL why were you so quiet during Weeks 1-3?

Cowardice.

And don’t pretend you were silently celebrating with the rest of us. Dak RUINED you.

Dak wasn’t the biggest problem yesterday, although he didn’t play very well. 2/3 of his INTs weren’t his fault.

Oh, and he’s still not going anywhere. He’ll continue to ruin your fan experience for years and years to come!

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
top 20? lol. ridiculous.

and holy sh this nav dude is obnoxious.
In the latest iteration of Top 100 ESPN player rank he checked in at 16.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24668157/nbarank-2018-19-11-20-best-players-season

And for what it's worth I think their process is pretty good.

How NBArank works
NBArank is a prediction for the coming season. Dozens of panelists from across ESPN, The Undefeated and FiveThirtyEight -- TV analysts, reporters, editors, producers and researchers -- voted to forecast which players would be best in 2018-19, taking into account both the quality and the quantity of their contributions.

In any case comparing Dak to Draymond who is on a max contract is a bit of a joke.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
:laugh: Vlade Divac didn't get in the hall of fame for his defensive resume. He's only in because of his play in international basketball. As an NBA player he made one all star game, never made all defense. Using him to justify Draymond getting is nonsensical.

As far as his NBA resume, there are probably no less than a hundred players not in the HOF with better NBA careers.

Last edited:

Nav22

Reaction score
:laugh: Vlade Divac didn't get in the hall of fame for his defensive resume. He's only in because of his play in international basketball. As an NBA player he made one all star game, never made all defense. Using him to justify Draymond getting is nonsensical.

As far as his NBA resume, there are probably no less than a hundred players not in the HOF with better NBA careers.
Name some of them.

Go ahead!

Psst, good call ignoring my Mo Cheeks example. Because that example ruins your awful take.

I’m SO sorry that Draymond’s been kicking your butt these last 5 years. Punking your favorite players en route to 3 rings.

Enjoy his HOF speech!

Status
Not open for further replies.