Dak Prescott has already equaled Tony Romo for career 370 yard games

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo is the most overrated Cowboy’s QB ever. His place to be rated is well below Danny White. Danny went to the NFC title game 3 times. Romo went to Cabo 3 times....

Your mind is already made up. But I think some people have bad/selective memories. Romo was FAR from perfect ...but..if on his teams...everyone had his heart...we woulda won sumpin.

I found this today and thought it was a pretty good historic recap. Don't worry...it's not romosexual. But it isn't revisionist hate either. Go ahead and try it on for size:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...mos-reputation-examining-his-big-game-history
Admin; not sure if I am allowed to post this link....I can;t find it in the rules. If so just please remove it.

bigE79

Reaction score
Romo's career 370 Yard games (7)

2009 vs Giants (392 YDs passing, 3 TDs, 0 INTs)
2010 vs Bears (374 YDs passing, 1 TD, 2 INTs)
2010 vs Titans (406 YDs passing, 3 TDs, 3 INTs)
2012 vs Giants (437 YDs passing, 1 TD, 4 INTs)
2012 vs Commanders (441 YDs passing, 3 TDs, 2 INTs)
2012 vs Saints (416 YDs passing, 4 TDs, 0 INTs)
2013 vs Broncos (506 YDs passing, 5 TDs, 1 INT)

Total: 20 TDs, 12 INTs

Dak's career 370 Yard games (7)

2018 vs Eagles (455 YDs passing, 3 TDs, 2 INTs)
2018 vs Giants (387 YDs passing, 4 TDs, 0 INTs)
2019 vs Giants (405 YDs passing, 4 TDs, 0 INTs)
2019 vs Packers (463 YDs passing, 2 TDs, 3 INTs)
2019 vs Vikings (397 YDs passing, 3 TDs, 1 INT)
2019 vs Lions (444 YDs passing, 3 TDs, 0 INTs)
2020 vs Falcons (450 YDs passing, 1 TD, 0 INTs)

Total: 20 TDs, 6 INTs

What I'm trying to illustrate here is 2 things:

1) When you pass for 370 Yards, interceptions are more common. So given the 2 QBs respective 370 yard games, Dak has thrown far less interceptions - while with an equal number of TDs, and an equal sample size amount. So even when situations are equal (370 YDs and 7 games), Dak is less likely to give the game away.

2) At this point I prefer Romo as a Quarterback, but I think Dak will easily surpass Romo when it's all said and done. He's only 2 games into his 5th year, and he's already equaled Romo's career 370 yard games. Wait till he gets to double that sample size, or even triple it. He'll go well ahead of Romo in career achievements.
It's funny how some things never change,when people would argue about all tony's records, people would say so what,what did he do in big games,a regular season stat machine...but isn't this exactly the same drivel? The stats look great "but"what has he won? Do you also consider him a regular season stat machine?..the best receivers Romo had at one time was an 30s TO,a broken down terry glenn,Patrick clayton, hamstring miles austin,sam hurd and witten..2007...in 2014 he had dez,bease,and Tw..and witten..in no shape or form does that compare to what we have now.. if you still think Romo had comparable talent around him, you just don't like him and that's fine, your opinion...but you can't build up on but tear down another for doing the same thing.

Cebrin

Reaction score
The hate has nothing to do with see it and everything to do with Dak. You can tell because haters say Dak can't do something when he already has........ unless that's win a divisional round game or NFC championship game or superbowl.
I'm not part of that group personally. However, they did this to Romo too. At this point we just have a load of jaded fans pointing out every mistake by key cogs in the wheel. It's to be expected with the kind of drought we've had vs expectations. I'm just rounding the full picture out.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I'm not part of that group personally. However, they did this to Romo too. At this point we just have a load of jaded fans pointing out every mistake by key cogs in the wheel. It's to be expected with the kind of drought we've had vs expectations. I'm just rounding the full picture out.
I guess the question is why is it fully expected and what type of person would do that. I mean every year the team is different and in some years like this one, the coaches are different. Dak has set records after records and gets accolades from all the NFL exports (coaches and players) but only crap from many here. Now you watch, some joker is going to post something from an NFL player or coach from ESPN or the likes who diss Dak.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why would the records of a QB that never accomplished anything be the benchmark?

Cebrin

Reaction score
I guess the question is why is it fully expected and what type of person would do that. I mean every year the team is different and in some years like this one, the coaches are different. Dak has set records after records and gets accolades from all the NFL exports (coaches and players) but only crap from many here. Now you watch, some joker is going to post something from an NFL player or coach from ESPN or the likes who diss Dak.
Teams with the accolades of the Cowboys are held to a higher standard. Plain, and simple. Not to mention most fans don't really know anything about football. Heck, spend 10 minutes on Facebook, and you'll find that the majority of the world are just a bunch of parots, repeating what they hear. They post memes as facts without doing any research on it. I work with the public, and it really opened my eyes to how self absorbed, unkind, and stupid people really are.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Of course Dak is gonna shatter Romo easily. I don't see how anyone can reason around that.

I don't really care about Dak vs Romo pissing contests. I love Dak. He's the QB now, and I think we have a really promising guy here who continues to prove his critics wrong each week. I love Romo too, but he's gone.... so 'nuff said about that. So hoo curs rly.
lol you dont care about pissing contests.....right after you pissed

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Teams with the accolades of the Cowboys are held to a higher standard. Plain, and simple. Not to mention most fans don't really know anything about football. Heck, spend 10 minutes on Facebook, and you'll find that the majority of the world are just a bunch of parots, repeating what they hear. They post memes as facts without doing any research on it. I work with the public, and it really opened my eyes to how self absorbed, unkind, and stupid people really are.
Yeah, especially when it comes to social media.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Yeah, especially when it comes to social media.
That's exactly what CZ is. It's a social media platform. Same thing, just specific to the Cowboys. Ive learned to ignore a lot of posters here. Lol. I love a respectful discussion. You always know the ones that don't. They preach everything they say with snarky undertones towards you, and just want to argue. If I do that, I'm usually drunk, and apologize the following day :muttley:

jsb357

Reaction score
do they pass out rings at the end of the year for that?

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
But Romo didnt succeed even though we gave him 'elite' money.

Why repeat history and do the same with another good but 'not elite' QB.

good grief...

This is not how contracts work in this league. You get paid based off of production on the field, not whether or not you have a golden jock strap like Tom Brady. This incredibly reductionist and simplistic view of personnel evaluation and their monetary worth to the team is held by too many in this fan base. This is not how the real world operates. If a franchise was actually ran predominantly based on this type of simplistic thinking they’d be the NFL comparative of Donald Sterling’s Clippers only worse.

Get over it. If Dak drops another 5,000 yard 33 touchdown season or better he’s getting paid and the front office would be morons to let a player that productive walk.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
One QB was drafted, the other QB was a walk on. Neither one was a 1st or 2nd round pick...comparing the two to justify a false narrative is lazy.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Romo's career 370 Yard games (7)

2009 vs Giants (392 YDs passing, 3 TDs, 0 INTs)
2010 vs Bears (374 YDs passing, 1 TD, 2 INTs)
2010 vs Titans (406 YDs passing, 3 TDs, 3 INTs)
2012 vs Giants (437 YDs passing, 1 TD, 4 INTs)
2012 vs Commanders (441 YDs passing, 3 TDs, 2 INTs)
2012 vs Saints (416 YDs passing, 4 TDs, 0 INTs)
2013 vs Broncos (506 YDs passing, 5 TDs, 1 INT)

Total: 20 TDs, 12 INTs

Dak's career 370 Yard games (7)

2018 vs Eagles (455 YDs passing, 3 TDs, 2 INTs)
2018 vs Giants (387 YDs passing, 4 TDs, 0 INTs)
2019 vs Giants (405 YDs passing, 4 TDs, 0 INTs)
2019 vs Packers (463 YDs passing, 2 TDs, 3 INTs)
2019 vs Vikings (397 YDs passing, 3 TDs, 1 INT)
2019 vs Lions (444 YDs passing, 3 TDs, 0 INTs)
2020 vs Falcons (450 YDs passing, 1 TD, 0 INTs)

Total: 20 TDs, 6 INTs

What I'm trying to illustrate here is 2 things:

1) When you pass for 370 Yards, interceptions are more common. So given the 2 QBs respective 370 yard games, Dak has thrown far less interceptions - while with an equal number of TDs, and an equal sample size amount. So even when situations are equal (370 YDs and 7 games), Dak is less likely to give the game away.

2) At this point I prefer Romo as a Quarterback, but I think Dak will easily surpass Romo when it's all said and done. He's only 2 games into his 5th year, and he's already equaled Romo's career 370 yard games. Wait till he gets to double that sample size, or even triple it. He'll go well ahead of Romo in career achievements.
To
I really did t play long. He played a half season in 06. He missed half of 15. He missed most of fez’s rookie year too.romo was a better passer. More accurate , faster release, more confident, and read defenses better. He also had less talent other than 07.