Dak Prescott has higher ceiling than Carson Wentz

JJHLH1

Reaction score
According to Greg Jennings, who obviously is very knowledgeable and shows excellent judgement. Dak has already proven he’s a stud. We are fortunate to have him as our QB. We couldn’t ask for a better face for the franchise: great leader, loved by his teammates and coaches, never embarrasses himself, tough as nails, and of course extremely clutch. Get the deal done Jerry.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
This thread......

itsatrap.jpg

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Skip makes some strong points. Dak had the higher QBR in all 3 playoff games he’s been in - higher than Rodgers, Wilson, and Goff.

Dak also had the highest QBR out of the 12 quarterbacks who were in the playoffs last year. That’s something I didn’t know. Very impressive.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Skip makes some strong points. Dak had the higher QBR in all 3 playoff games he’s been in - higher than Rodgers, Wilson, and Goff. Dak also had the highest QBR out of the 12 quarterbacks who were in the playoffs last year. Very impressive.
I'll take a lower QBR if it means we advance.

Reaction score
In terms of QB play overall, I think Wentz has shown he has a higher ceiling as a passer. Dak's legs close the gap somewhat, but I don't expect Dak to be in the conversation for MVP much if at all. That doesn't mean he isn't a quality starter and leader though.

Plus Wentz can't make it through a season and play in the playoffs, so in terms of actual QB play Dak has that big advantage over him.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We shall see soon. I think they both had a good to great rookie year. After that it’s been injury for him.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
I'll take a lower QBR if it means we advance.

Me too, but if our QB is outplaying the opposing QB that suggests we need to improve the rest of the team. Dak clearly outplayed Goff in the divisional playoff game but unfortunately we gave up 273 yards rushing while rushing for only 50 yards ourselves. It’s amazing it was still only a 1 score game despite getting whipped on both sides of the trenches.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Skip makes some strong points. Dak had the higher QBR in all 3 playoff games he’s been in - higher than Rodgers, Wilson, and Goff.

Dak also had the highest QBR out of the 12 quarterbacks who were in the playoffs last year. That’s something I didn’t know. Very impressive.
except that rogers and wilson are known to "carry" the team and have the skins to show that capability. dak has some cool #'s that have not translated into anything noteworthy.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
except that rogers and wilson are known to "carry" the team and have the skins to show that capability. dak has some cool #'s that have not translated into anything noteworthy.

I would argue that playing well during the playoffs is an excellent measure of how good a QB is, since that is when pressure and competition is at its most intense. Obviously Rodgers and Wilson are great QBs since they have both won Super Bowls. That makes the fact that Dak outperformed them in the playoffs even more meaningful. We just need the rest of the team to play as well as Dak and we will be good.