Dak Prescott has higher ceiling than Carson Wentz

kento40

Reaction score
I'm a Wentz fan, but I can't in good faith put him above Dak due to durability issues alone. If you can't be on the field, you can't be counted on by your teammates. Dak might just be serviceable, but he's suited up on Sundays

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I would argue that playing well during the playoffs is an excellent measure of how good a QB is, since that is when pressure and competition is at its most intense. Obviously Rodgers and Wilson are great QBs since they have both won Super Bowls. That makes the fact that Dak outperformed them in the playoffs even more meaningful. We just need the rest of the team to play as well as Dak and we will be good.
you can argue all you want.

i'm looking at when the qb's in question have carried their team. dak is in need of a "dak friendly" system and players around him. wilson and rogers have done that successfully regardless of players around them. when dak does *that* i'll stop worrying about his next pass being overthrown, underthrown, fumbled or the like.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

i'm looking at when the qb's in question have carried their team. dak is in need of a "dak friendly" system and players around him. wilson and rogers have done that successfully regardless of players around them. when dak does *that* i'll stop worrying about his next pass being overthrown, underthrown, fumbled or the like.

:hammer:

JJHLH1

Reaction score

Nonsense.

Wilson won a Super Bowl because of the Legion of Boom. He didn’t carry the team, the best defense in the league did. And his interception at the goal line cost his team a win in Super Bowl 49.

Rodgers has had back to back losing seasons so he is hardly carrying his team.

Both are great players but let’s not get carried away. They need good teammates around them just like every QB in the league does, except Brady.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Skip makes some strong points. Dak had the higher QBR in all 3 playoff games he’s been in - higher than Rodgers, Wilson, and Goff.

Dak also had the highest QBR out of the 12 quarterbacks who were in the playoffs last year. That’s something I didn’t know. Very impressive.
Dak was fine.

When I looked it up for last years playoffs, however, I saw that he was 4th in QB rating at 91.3, just ahead of Trubisky at 89.6

Was this ESPN. They sometimes use their own made up "QBR" that has some other things throw in that are subjective.
The official NFL stat is QB rating though

Whatever though. Dak was fine.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ehhh.....I mean aye.....Greg Jennings is very knowledgable about the sport. So I'm going to lean on him for this one lol.

But what is a ceiling? Jamarcus Russel had a higher ceiling than Dak and he stunk. Jay Cutler had a higher ceiling than Romo and he stunk. Wentz is brittle. He has to prove he can stay healthy in order for anyone to even mention his ceiling.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
except that rogers and wilson are known to "carry" the team and have the skins to show that capability. dak has some cool #'s that have not translated into anything noteworthy.

Wilson hasn't carried ANYTHING. He had a great defense he leaned on earlier in his career.

Aaron Rodgers.....while yeah I agree he's had to carry the Packer but its resulted in one championship. And aye.......one championship is still a great feat. But to be the best quarterback in the game.....I thought he'd have more by now or at least more post season appearances....but I guess even he needs help.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
According to Greg Jennings, who obviously is very knowledgeable and shows excellent judgement. Dak has already proven he’s a stud. We are fortunate to have him as our QB. We couldn’t ask for a better face for the franchise: great leader, loved by his teammates and coaches, never embarrasses himself, tough as nails, and of course extremely clutch. Get the deal done Jerry.

Oh, Greg Jennings is OBVIOUSLY very knowledgeable...so.says a Dak liver be Austin Greg Jennings praised Dak..

Hmm why am I not surprised

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Dak was fine.

When I looked it up for last years playoffs, however, I saw that he was 4th in QB rating at 91.3, just ahead of Trubisky at 89.6

Was this ESPN. They sometimes use their own made up "QBR" that has some other things throw in that are subjective.
The official NFL stat is QB rating though

Whatever though. Dak was fine.

Yes, I was specifically referring to postseason QBR as measured by ESPN.

3148bj9.jpg

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I actually think he's better than Jared Goff also. Just watch last year's playoffs games Jared was horrible

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Nonsense.

Wilson won a Super Bowl because of the Legion of Boom. He didn’t carry the team, the best defense in the league did. And his interception at the goal line cost his team a win in Super Bowl 49.

Rodgers has had back to back losing seasons so he is hardly carrying his team.

Both are great players but let’s not get carried away. They need good teammates around them just like every QB in the league does, except Brady.
ok.

you are comparing dak to rogers and wilson and I am getting carried away.

this is where i exit the convo.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
According to Greg Jennings, who obviously is very knowledgeable and shows excellent judgement. Dak has already proven he’s a stud. We are fortunate to have him as our QB. We couldn’t ask for a better face for the franchise: great leader, loved by his teammates and coaches, never embarrasses himself, tough as nails, and of course extremely clutch. Get the deal done Jerry.

Once again, marble-mouthed Shannon Sharpe brings a knife to a gun fight. And gets murdered.