Dak Prescott has the most pass attempts in the NFL

jblaze2004

Reaction score
With our crappy run game and defense. Unless Dak gets injured he may lead the NFL in most passing categories but we will have either a 9-8 season or a losing season. Unless we can figure something out with this defense and run game we are toast. Basically a wasted year.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Well...that was one game. That was like Dak in the first Giants game.

What I mean is when the Bills were struggling in the early part of the year, Allen had to do a lot to compensate because there was some part of their team that was being held back, by poor scheme, poor play calling, whatever. Their offense wasnt moving.

This feels like us this year except our offense is moving better than theirs in the early part of the year.
Allen has to do a lot to compensate because they have insufficient talent around him - they're built and operate very similarly to the Cowboys.

Their whole offense is just "Josh Allen run around and make a play." It's unsustainable and when they get behind - like the Ravens game - that type of offense has no chance.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Yes indeed. The offensive line wall...like every other RB we've had since then.

'member when people were thrilled with Tony Pollard showcasing his speed to the outside compared to zek. You 'member.

Imagine how many yards tony owuld'a had if for not having to do that.
I remember Zeke running for NE...pretty much the same thing.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
149 attempts for #1 in the league. Watson & Jones are right behind him.

Dallas has the least amount of rushing yards in the league with NY and Cleveland both in the bottom 7.

Found this an interesting, but not surprising correlation.

Additionally, Prescott is #2 in passing yards, #5 in 1st downs, & tied for 4th with a bunch of QB in TDs,
Give him a cookie, hell, make it two cookies and a glass of milk because those passing yards have not achieved anything.

Last edited:

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I understand part of this stat is because Dallas has fallen behind in games so badly so early,
but this is a bad recipe.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That makes sense. Most pass attempts because our run game stinks. Yeah but, but, we have Zeke!
You guys can keep calling out names of players without the ridiculous nature of what we're really watching with our eyes is sometimes I'm only seeing Rico that'll get like 8 carries hunter get two or three zeke get two or three that's it I mean these dudes are not even getting the football this is a schematic problem this is a play calling problem is a blocking scheme and use of our roster issue these problems are not from who's on this team I guarantee if they give the ball 17 times every game to Rico he would be having a pretty nice season right now average yes maybe 3.8 to 4.2 yards per carry but if you stick with it all game he will have similar production to guys like Tony Pollard they're not running the damn football much at all how about this and I'm not doing the research but everyone around here is watching the run game and comparing our run game to other run game to say we're 32nd and yards well show me the attempts and then show me all the teams actual yards per carry for the running backs take out the quarterbacks or the weird run games by other people but you look at the running backs and the real run game and you'll find out this is a Mike McCarthy issue this is a Brian schottenheimer issue this is whoever the offensive line coaches issue they have just decided to ignore the run game again we thought it was Kelly Moore maybe the whole time it was Mike McCarthy because this looks worse than when Keller Moore was here...

They literally had the opportunity to run the football in the second-half against the Browns and they passed a lot the third quarter were up you're usually when you're up big in a game you should be running the football especially with no offseason to speak up you don't really practice the run game in practice so you didn't really get any preseason so you don't use the real game to work on your run game when you had the opportunity you should have just handed it off 25 times in the second-half and I don't care how many times you would have had to punt that is the moment where you work on your run game and Mike McCarthy is lost right now...

I really believe because he's the head coach and the offensive coordinator he's trying to protect the defense when he's playing offense literally his play calls the way he's even running the route trees in the vanilla way he's approaching this it makes no sense to me but don't keep calling out zeke when he's not even really getting the ball don't call out our run game and the guys on this roster when there's no creativity and no effort being made like other teams do to create successful plays with scheme and blocking and game plans and adjustments and I haven't seen it yet not one game this year have I seen the run game actually being committed to and actually run the ball who cares if it's only three yards per carry to begin with maybe it gets 3.5 by the third quarter and maybe 4.0 by the fourth quarter but you have to stick with it other teams are willing to do that until they find get it open and guess what every once in a while when you do that when are you running backs breaks one for 40 or 50 yards or or better but when you barely hand the ball off go check out the amount of carries that are running backs have gotten so far to the other 31 teams in the league and I'm betting we have the least amount of run yards because we also have the least amount of run attempts by running backs by a running back.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Good call. I was gonna throw Anger in their he is punting quite well. Ferg too...when we get him opps. The other guys I'll have to eyeball more carefully. But yes...too few for sure.
There is still lots of football left for others to get their act together, but they shouldn't wait to long because the season can get out of hand quickly.

Creeper

Reaction score
Dallas is second to last with only 85 rushing attempts. I guess that's what happens when you get blown out two games out of 4.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score

I have another persdpective to put on this.

No team puts together a gameplan for a 9 year vet who is the highest paid QB and doesn't have the vet QB sign off on the plays and the offensive gameplan sheet.

We don't know why this situation has resulted in the type of plays on the field, but it could be MM fault. Schttenheimer's fault. Dak's fault for audibling out of certain plays or just plain old calling a different play.

What I suspect is that it isn't the fault of one person.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have another persdpective to put on this.

No team puts together a gameplan for a 9 year vet who is the highest paid QB and doesn't have the vet QB sign off on the plays and the offensive gameplan sheet.

We don't know why this situation has resulted in the type of plays on the field, but it could be MM fault. Schttenheimer's fault. Dak's fault for audibling out of certain plays or just plain old calling a different play.

What I suspect is that it isn't the fault of one person.
Doesn’t matter what play is called if the WR’s don’t get separation, they don’t get separation. Quit putting all the blame on 1 person. Yeah, I know you said you at the end it‘s not the fault of 1 person but that’s after you blamed 1 person.