Dak Prescott has the most pass attempts in the NFL

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I will absolutely fault them for not getting Henry. Because they then lied to the fanbase about being able to afford him.

Then doubled down on Zeke being the same kind of back.
well, they brought Zeke back because Jerry had a large inventory of Zeke Jerseys he had to sell, eventhough its #21...if you go to the dallas cowboys pro shop, and you will see they are selling #21 jerseys. not #15.

Zeke Jerseys in Proshop

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I recall, Henry said that he wanted to go back to Texas so if we were competitive with the offer, I think he would have signed. I also think there was a lot less risk of Henry hitting that wall than Zeke...Henry was still running strong We watched Zeke hit that wall two or three years ago.
Yes indeed. The offensive line wall...like every other RB we've had since then.

'member when people were thrilled with Tony Pollard showcasing his speed to the outside compared to zek. You 'member.

Imagine how many yards tony owuld'a had if for not having to do that.

plasticman

Reaction score
Not good. Very bad.

Cowboys 49-12 when Dak throws 33 or less passes in a game.

Cowboys 26-30 when Dak throws more than 33 times.

Failure to address the running game forces the Cowboys into a losing formula.

By the way, the Steelers are #1 in running plays despite averaging 3.7 yards a carry. Justin Fields averages 27 passes a game.

erod

Reaction score
did you realize Josh Allen had only 97 yards passing against the cowboys while cook had what 200in 2023?! ? You're exaggerating a little bit they had a good defense they had a solid run game and that's why they went 11 and six Josh Allen and Mahomes at times might carry their team just like Prescott at times but not every game...
Dak never carries the Cowboys against good teams. Never. He's a bus driver.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
149 attempts for #1 in the league. Watson & Jones are right behind him.

Dallas has the least amount of rushing yards in the league with NY and Cleveland both in the bottom 7.

Found this an interesting, but not surprising correlation.

Additionally, Prescott is #2 in passing yards, #5 in 1st downs, & tied for 4th with a bunch of QB in TDs,
That makes sense. Most pass attempts because our run game stinks. Yeah but, but, we have Zeke!

NotForLong

Reaction score
Not to mention that we probably lead the league in trailing score that requires throwing a lot to try to catch up. Both a product of defense giving up a S-ton of points to go along with all of the FGs vs TDs we have (as a result of penalties and a lack of running game).
And Dak throwing behind and low to receivers

NotForLong

Reaction score
Because his offensive line has one giant wart.

And his defense has been atrocious. Worse among any division winner from last year.
The Cowboys defense has been atrocious and that keeps Dak from scoring in the 1st half . . . got it

NotForLong

Reaction score
Regardless of how you feel about him, he does have a difficult situation:

• Worst running game in the league
  • WR getting no separation
  • outside of Ceedee, limited route tree (basically spamming comebacks)
  • 2 rookies on the Oline + a below average RT.
  • Porous defense
Not exactly a recipe for success.
The statistic about WR separation only pertains to the WR he is throwing to not everyone running routes. This is often cause because Dak stares down the WR he is throwing to

Limited route tree is a product of the limited QB. Same issue no mateer the Play caller or WRs running routes for Dak's career

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yes indeed. The offensive line wall...like every other RB we've had since then.

'member when people were thrilled with Tony Pollard showcasing his speed to the outside compared to zek. You 'member.

Imagine how many yards tony owuld'a had if for not having to do that.
Henry was a top 3 back last season with a horrible line and no threat of a pass game.

Please just stop.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Uh...I wouldn't even bet on them making the playoffs.....at this point with the upcoming schedule and the mounting injuries, I think 6 to 7 wins seems about right unfortunately
Then don't bet on them.