Dak Prescott Issued Warning About Possibly Leaving Cowboys

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I believe it is a more balanced team.
That’s not the question?

Let’s assume they are a better or more talented team. Will Dak be in a better position with Pitt in AFC for more success which was part of Edwards point.

stiletto

Reaction score
Feel blessed not knowing another social media phenom nonsense. It came to my attention only after another member here recently mentioned it.
It's the decline of civilization basically. The less I am on social media, the better I feel but it's kind of like watching a train-wreck. Hard to turn away sometimes.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Feel blessed not knowing another social media phenom nonsense. It came to my attention only after another member here recently mentioned it.
IMG-0506.gif

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Far better coach. Far better culture. Definitely more likely to win there than here.
I agree on first two points.

And how much better will he fair in much tougher AFC which was part of Edwards argument.

Will Pitt be in need of a QB next year. Also part of the Edwards argument.

Flamma

Reaction score
Dak Prescott should maybe think twice about leaving the Cowboys.

With Prescott on the verge of entering the final year of his deal with the Cowboys, there’s speculation regarding whether the three-time Pro Bowl quarterback will leave the Cowboys next offseason. While Prescott will have no shortage of suitors in free agency if he chooses to go that route, former head coach Herm Edwards warned the 2023 MVP runner-up of thinking twice when it comes to leaving Dallas.

You’re not going to play for a better team,” Edwards said. “Who challenges him? The [Philadelphia Eagles]. The [Detroit Lions] … [Green Bay Packers], [San Francisco 49ers], that’s who they got to deal with. That’s who Dak has to deal with to get to the Super Bowl. And that’s what he understands. If you understand that and say, ‘Well, hey, I got the best team I can play on right now. I go somewhere else, I got to start over.'”

Why Dak Prescott Should Consider Staying With Cowboys​

Edwards makes a fair point considering the NFC is stacked. All of the aforementioned teams already have franchise quarterbacks in Hurts, Goff, Love and Purdy. To make matters worse, the AFC — which is seen as the stronger conference — already have teams with franchise quarterbacks locked in on long-term contracts such as Mahomes, Herbert, Jackson and Burrows

That’s not even mentioning fringe contenders such as the Falcons already having signed Cousins to a four-year, $180 million contract in the offseason.

Why Dak Prescott Should Earn Big Money Deal if He Leaves Cowboys​

There’s little doubt that Prescott could sign a big contract, that mirrors — if not exceeds — the one Cousins signed this offseason. Considering Prescott is coming off of the best season of his career and is actually five years younger than Cousins (without coming off of an injury), he could very well earn at least $50 million per year on his next deal.

Spotrac has Prescott’s projected market value is $53.1 million per season across four years for a total of over $212 million. That would make Prescott the third-highest paid quarterback on an average annual basis in the NFL.

https://heavy.com/
Think about it. He got 30+ million in his tag year. He got 160M in his second contract. He'll get over 250M in his 3rd contract no matter where he plays. Tell me again what mistake he is making?

JBS

Reaction score
I agree on first two points.

And how much better will he fair in much tougher AFC which was part of Edwards argument.

Will Pitt be in need of a QB next year. Also part of the Edwards argument.
Dak is much better than what Pitt has now. Absolutely. Neither of those guys are long term solutions.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Steelers will be a good landing spot.
Are they going to be in need for another Franchise QB? You think they’ll dump Wilson for Prescott?

And you’ll like Daks chances with Pitts to have more success in tougher AFC?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Think about it. He got 30+ million in his tag year. He got 160M in his second contract. He'll get over 250M in his 3rd contract no matter where he plays. Tell me again what mistake he is making?
It’s hard for you doubters to understand but it’s not all about the money. Many of the players, including Dak, want to win a Championship. They let their agents handle the business. I get it, it’s easy to hate on Dak or Cee Dee or Parsons about their contracts but it’s the freakin NFL. There’s such a thing as a salary cap. Dak and Cee Dee will get signed And it’ll be here in Dallas.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He’s making a mistake if he’s looking to go to a better or more talented team that can advance further against current teams and QB’s ahead of us or them.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak is much better than what Pitt has now. Absolutely. Neither of those guys are long term solutions.
So, if Wilson and Pitt go to playoffs and or has a good season you think Pitt will be looking to dump Wilson for signing Prescott to a big deal?

Or you are expecting a poor season by Pitt despite their better balanced team , coaching staff and culture?

JBS

Reaction score
He’s making a mistake if he’s looking to go to a better or more talented team that can advance further against current teams and QB’s ahead of us or them.
He’s not. That’s not true. The team he has the least chances of winning on is the team he’s on right now.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Edwards states the mistake isn’t money related as he’ll get paid wherever but going to be difficult going to a more talented playoff caliber team.

stiletto

Reaction score
Edwards states the mistake isn’t money related as he’ll get paid wherever but going to be difficult going to a more talented playoff caliber team.
The Cowboys roster is over-rated/over hyped. We all know it too.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He’s not. That’s not true. The team he has the least chances of winning on is the team he’s on right now.
Compared to all of the other non playoff teams that might be available?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Cowboys roster is over-rated/over hyped. We all know it too.
The number of All Pros and Pro Bowlers isn’t hyperbole. Unless you’re prepared to denounce all in the NFL. If we can’t establish that as an individual barometer as Edwards used then where do we start?

Again , if you follow Edwards narrative and facts of teams potentially available or in need of a QB, Prescott is limited to going to a more talented playoff caliber team that potentially could make more noise in playoffs.

gtb1943

Reaction score
It’s hard for you doubters to understand but it’s not all about the money. Many of the players, including Dak, want to win a Championship. They let their agents handle the business. I get it, it’s easy to hate on Dak or Cee Dee or Parsons about their contracts but it’s the freakin NFL. There’s such a thing as a salary cap. Dak and Cee Dee will get signed And it’ll be here in Dallas.
just to watch the Dak Bots pretty much go crazy would be worth seeing Dak move on.
and if he really is about winning he would agree to stay for a lot less if the money is spent on a better roster
BUT he will not do it because he wants the money no matter what the dak bots claim

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It’s based on who of the better teams could he go to?
Some may disagree but I would argue the Giants, especially after signing Burns and drafting the WR in the 1st round. Right now Danny Dimes is the only thing holding them back. So, Dak on the Giants team certainly makes them better and you argue perhaps better the Cowboys.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
How? Any team needing a quarterback is a non-contender.

I know playoff results are all that matter, but you said Dak "has the least chances of winning" here.

Since 2021 the Cowboys have won 36 games, second only to the Chiefs' 37. Which team can Dak go to right now (that needs him) and win more?