Dak Prescott Issued Warning About Possibly Leaving Cowboys

calico

Reaction score
Genuinely hoping for a poor season so we can move on and have ANYTHING to look forward to. The era of tolerating mediocrity needs to end. If it doesn’t, there’s just no point.
Same. I want to see the bottom fall out.

JBS

Reaction score
How? Any team needing a quarterback is a non-contender.

I know playoff results are all that matter, but you said Dak "has the least chances of winning" here.

Since 2021 the Cowboys have won 36 games, second only to the Chiefs' 37. Which team can Dak go to right now (that needs him) and win more?
Steelers

J_Allen

Reaction score
Paying someone $53 million a year to quit in the first round of the playoffs? No thanks.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
This isn’t intended to be another thread about why you or I believe he should stay , go or why we wouldn’t want him to stay, etc…

But merely a thread about why Prescott should consider staying rather than bolting for another team.

And how that should impact his demands and negotiations with the Cowboys.
As far as THOSE stipulations are concerned, I think Dak should volunteer to take whatever the Dallas FO considers their best offer.

He's already a millionaire many times over, by all indications of the huge contracts that've been generously awarded him in the past.

Last edited:

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Giants offensive line allowed 85 sacks last year and isn't that much better now. Dak in New York would be one of the worst career moves he could make.
On the other hand the ownership of the New York Giants can point to their ability to build a team capable of winning a Super Bowl in the current century. They do have that over the Cowboys.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I agree but not impossible
Edward's narrative is limited to the talent around him but what about ownership? For all we know, Dak could be fed up with Jerry and Stephen with the way they have handled his contract negotiations. Remember when he was negotiating his current deal both sides couldn't stop brown-nosing each other. Now it's not hard to see it's all business now with both sides covering their own _____. You don't hear any I want to be here regardless or we want him to finish his career here. I understand Herman is saying what team has more talent but again who to say there aren't other key factors impacting his decision?
What team has more talent? Well without CD I would say several teams.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
5 generations from now, Dak’s descendants aren’t going to care if he lost in the first round for the Cowboys, or lost in the first round for the Raiders, or lost in the first round for the Titans. They’re gonna care whether or not they have to work part time at McDonald’s to pay for their college tuition. Go get the bag
so your worried about tad, and daks future spauldings????? LOL

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The dallas team as it stands now is a mediocre team full of unknowns.
There are other teams that with dak could be a contender.

Other teams are far more likely to really go ALL IN, instead of what jerry calls all in.
Jones boys are afraid and too cheap to use FA, so dak would be better off if he did go to another team.
I say that if he wants to at least go to a SB, and not just play for the $.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This isn’t intended to be another thread about why you or I believe he should stay , go or why we wouldn’t want him to stay, etc…

But merely a thread about why Prescott should consider staying rather than bolting for another team.

And how that should impact his demands and negotiations with the Cowboys.
Everyone already knows why dak should stay with cowboys.

MAX money and no accountability to win anything of important but 3rd place MVP. It's not his fault...anyone would do the same.

plymkr

Reaction score
Dak Prescott should maybe think twice about leaving the Cowboys.

With Prescott on the verge of entering the final year of his deal with the Cowboys, there’s speculation regarding whether the three-time Pro Bowl quarterback will leave the Cowboys next offseason. While Prescott will have no shortage of suitors in free agency if he chooses to go that route, former head coach Herm Edwards warned the 2023 MVP runner-up of thinking twice when it comes to leaving Dallas.

You’re not going to play for a better team,” Edwards said. “Who challenges him? The [Philadelphia Eagles]. The [Detroit Lions] … [Green Bay Packers], [San Francisco 49ers], that’s who they got to deal with. That’s who Dak has to deal with to get to the Super Bowl. And that’s what he understands. If you understand that and say, ‘Well, hey, I got the best team I can play on right now. I go somewhere else, I got to start over.'”

Why Dak Prescott Should Consider Staying With Cowboys​

Edwards makes a fair point considering the NFC is stacked. All of the aforementioned teams already have franchise quarterbacks in Hurts, Goff, Love and Purdy. To make matters worse, the AFC — which is seen as the stronger conference — already have teams with franchise quarterbacks locked in on long-term contracts such as Mahomes, Herbert, Jackson and Burrows

That’s not even mentioning fringe contenders such as the Falcons already having signed Cousins to a four-year, $180 million contract in the offseason.

Why Dak Prescott Should Earn Big Money Deal if He Leaves Cowboys​

There’s little doubt that Prescott could sign a big contract, that mirrors — if not exceeds — the one Cousins signed this offseason. Considering Prescott is coming off of the best season of his career and is actually five years younger than Cousins (without coming off of an injury), he could very well earn at least $50 million per year on his next deal.

Spotrac has Prescott’s projected market value is $53.1 million per season across four years for a total of over $212 million. That would make Prescott the third-highest paid quarterback on an average annual basis in the NFL.

https://heavy.com/
You know what this reminds me a lot of. Neil O’Donnell. Yes our MVP of Super Bowl 30. Neil was a FA after that season and signed with the Jets. He then drifted off into obscurity. The Steelers were a good team in the trenches and pretty well built. Then he went for the big money and disappeared into Jets oblivion.

I’m not going to get into if I want him to stay or go but I feel this is good advice from Herm Edwards.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Like Romo, Dak has been here long enough to understand how dysfunctional the Jones cartel is and if he chooses to stay in Dallas he’s a fool when he can go to free agency to the team of his choice and go to a contender and still make top dollar.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I don't think Dak would have as many suitors as people assume he would. He would be a QB entering his 10th season who never made it to a championship game. Only desperate teams would want that. Anyone with a decent young QB is going to pass on Dak simple for the lack of upside.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don't think Dak would have as many suitors as people assume he would. He would be a QB entering his 10th season who never made it to a championship game. Only desperate teams would want that. Anyone with a decent young QB is going to pass on Dak simple for the lack of upside.
Steelers

plymkr

Reaction score
I’d throw in Raiders, Saints and maybe the Giants.

I have opinions on whether or not the Cowboys are a 12 win team or just a team that feasts on other bad teams. But for discussion sake our record is 12 wins for the last 3 years. Realistically what is Dak’s chances of leaving a perpetual 12 win team for a better team. Herm is 100% correct IMO on this. If Dak wants to win a Super Bowl this is the place to stay. Even with our horrible culture, dysfunctional management, in fighting and possible rap battles between current and former WRs this is Dak’s best chance for a championship.

I’m not advocating for Dak to stay or go but I’m in complete agreement with Edwards on this. I don’t see another 12 win team picking up Dak as a FA. All the other teams with double digit wins are locked in with a young QB or heavily invested in their current QB.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
On the other hand the ownership of the New York Giants can point to their ability to build a team capable of winning a Super Bowl in the current century. They do have that over the Cowboys.
You're right but since that unlikely 2011 run the Giants have consistently been one of the worst teams in football.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yes but how much different would your decision have been if your career and earning potential was limited to a few years instead of lifetime ?
In my example it would absolutely be different. But when you already have 200 million? I would just retire. I wouldn't work anymore.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’d throw in Raiders, Saints and maybe the Giants.

I have opinions on whether or not the Cowboys are a 12 win team or just a team that feasts on other bad teams. But for discussion sake our record is 12 wins for the last 3 years. Realistically what is Dak’s chances of leaving a perpetual 12 win team for a better team. Herm is 100% correct IMO on this. If Dak wants to win a Super Bowl this is the place to stay. Even with our horrible culture, dysfunctional management, in fighting and possible rap battles between current and former WRs this is Dak’s best chance for a championship.

I’m not advocating for Dak to stay or go but I’m in complete agreement with Edwards on this. I don’t see another 12 win team picking up Dak as a FA. All the other teams with double digit wins are locked in with a young QB or heavily invested in their current QB.
Is Aaron Rodgers done with the Jets after this season?